Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Poll toHelp Clarify Attitudes Here on the Forum

Looks like a trick question but I think that I will chose D. I want to look and feel feminine but not be female with surgery.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle1946 View Post
    Looks like a trick question but I think that I will chose D. I want to look and feel feminine but not be female with surgery.
    Then D would not describe you, since it says "Neither A or B." Since A is not true for you, you would just pick B.

There was a time I thought I was a D, but now I'm pretty sure I'm a B, I've never been a A or a C, ever.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Both C and D. Wait, that doesn't work, does it?

Just kidding. I'm a clear B.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My answer is D, it's no longer a matter of if but when at some point in my lifetime. Funny how for years I was a very passionate B.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

It has to be D... but this tells you nothing other than that I want to feel feminine when I cross dress and I do not rule out the possibility of transitioning at some point in the future... not sure where you are going with this?

At the mo... transitioning is not an option so I coud be C, but next year... who knows?
    Last edited by Kaz; 09-27-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I want to look as feminine as possible when crossdressed, but I have no desire to transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Philips View Post
    1) I have every desire to look and feel feminine.
    2) If this desire grows over the years, I may want to transition.

hence my answer is "D"
    This is me almost exactly except that I'm leaning more towards transition but can't imagine actually doing it (playing with the cards I'm dealt).

Rachel

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    My answer would have to be E - I had no desire to transition, but a pressing need to do it in order to survive

and yes, I would like to look as feminine as possible because that is who I am
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    My answer would have to be E - I had no desire to transition, but a pressing need to do it in order to survive

and yes, I would like to look as feminine as possible because that is who I am
    Right. I'll put you down for D then.

If I have to stick withh A to D, then I am closer to B than to the others even though I am in transition. Confused? You will be!

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Definitely a B today, but who knows what the future holds.

Mostly D. Somedays I want to scream it out loud, but my fear of what I would lose keeps it all bottled up.

A Poll toHelp Clarify Attitudes Here on the Forum

Attitude? I got no stinkin' attitude!

I would have to say some of A and some of B.

While I enjoy most of my guy experiences, but also love slipping into some silky hose and feeling that rush when I slip into some heels and pull that zipper up on the side of my skirt. However, I don't find the same thrill with the makeup, lipstick, wig. I have no desire to become female, I enjoy being who I am... just a guy with an appreciation for some of the feminine things in life. I really hate lipstick, and can't explain why I do, but I do. Even in the winter I won't put lip balm on. I just don't like the feeling.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Aspiring Member
    Sophie, did I miss the tally?

Kitty

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyagain View Post
    Sophie, did I miss the tally?

Kitty
    Nah, I don't think a tally is necessary. Anyone who reads through the thread can see that the folks who are saying 'no' to transition are not claiming that they have no desire to either look or feel feminine. The guys who just want to wear a skirt with no goal of looking or feeling feminine may exist, but they are very rare on this board. Hence, this notion that it's somehow weird for a guy to say no to transition but want to do full dress ups and adopt a femme name entirely misses the point: Wanting to look or feel feminine is a separate thing from wanting to be female.

Most people will read that and think "duh," but some recent threads on the subject made me think it was worth making the point more explicitly.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    Please reply by selecting the statement that best describes you.

A) I have no desire to look or feel feminine.

B) I have no desire to ever transition.

C) Both A and B.

D) Neither A nor B.

Feel free to elaborate, but don't forget to make it clear which one you would pick. And if you feel the statement needs more emphasis, add your own 'hell no'.

Addendum: A is logically equivalent to "I have no desire to look feminine and no desire to feel feminine." If either one is false, then the whole statement is false. Therefore, if you just want to look feminine but not feel feminine, then A does not describe you.
    A doesn't even make sense. What CDer doesn't have the desire to look and feel feminine?? If you don't have this desire what's the point of CDing??
    choosing D clarifies almost nothing other than ones non-identification with the rather narrow constricts of choices A, B, and C
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 09-30-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Within the constraints of the options offered I am a B

Banned Read only
    where is option E?

E) I desire to look and feel feminine but have no desire to transition.

It is B for me I have no desire to transition but I do love to feel feminine when I am dressed. So B it is

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    where is option E?

That is equivalent to choosing B "I have no desire to transition" since in choosing B you are rejecting A, C and D

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    A doesn't even make sense. What CDer doesn't have the desire to look and feel feminine?? If you don't have this desire what's the point of CDing?
    I would think sexual excitement might be a large part of feeling feminine for some confusing the issue even more.

Kitty

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    A doesn't even make sense. What CDer doesn't have the desire to look and feel feminine??
    Jiveturkeyonrye maybe? I don't know. There can't be many, right? On the other hand, there are plenty who don't want to be female. In some recent threads, people were conflating the latter with the former. The argument was something like: "People who don't want to transition say they don't dress to be feminine, but they're putting on makeup and adopting femme names, therefore, they must be in denial about their true desire." The poll shows that that's wrong. People who don't want to transition don't want to be female, but they are perfectly fine with being feminine. There may be a very few exceptions, but those are the guys who don't do the full dress up, and don't adopt the femme names.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    where is option E?

That was option B. If you choose B instead of D, it is understood that A is false.