Thread: Driving Ms Pretty.

Driving Ms Pretty.

So, this weekend was soooo cooool!!

I had gone to my first trans related conference – the SCC in Atlanta. I know several of you girls were there and I met a couple of you. I’m sorry I did not get a chance to meet you all. Well, anyway, it started Wednesday morning at 6am in my driveway.

Back to when I registered, I had asked my gurlfriend Nathalie if she would like to drive down in-stead of fly. As I fly a lot for work, even flying pretty gets old. I wanted to do something different. Nathalie thought it was a great idea. So, we rented an SUV and on Wednesday morning we packed up the truck and headed south.

The entire trip to Atlanta ended up taking about 18 hours in total. I drove for much of it and Nathalie drove for the last part. We stopped at the Hertz in Baltimore Airport so we could add Nathalie to the reservation as a drive. We both needed to be present for that and I picked up the car by myself the night before. We had difficulty finding the place and lost about an hour and a half roaming around.

We also took a detour in DC where we both took pictures in front of the White House. This used up a little over an hour, but it was worth the memory. The trip down was great. We talked and joked and laughed. Nathalie is one smart chick and great company for a long journey like that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abigail...in/photostream

Our last detour was at Panera Bread where we stopped to use the restroom and get lunch. After that the only other stop was for gas. The truck was getting about 400 miles to the tank and fill-ups cost us about $60.00. We filled up twice on the way down and three times on the way back. At the last fill up we switched drives. I got out, started filling the tank while Nathalie switched to the driver seat.

I then told Nathalie to move the car around to the building while I went inside the concession to get some provisions. I would first removed the gas nozzle. Now, I know I said Nathalie is a smart chick and she is, but she should have had her blonde wig on. She started to move the van before I took the nozzle out. I was quick enough to get it out before any damage was done, but I didn’t close the gas cap. Everyone is entitled to a blonde moment.

The rest of the ride was uneventful.

We got to the hotel just at 10pm (9:59 actually). We checked in and then went to the bar where other SCC attendees where hanging out. We met many people and talked until 1 am before I called it a night. I need my beauty sleep or I get cranky.

As a whole conference was awesome and a recommend it for anyone; trannies of all types and their SO’s. There was something for everyone. It is a great place to meet our online friends. If I had to sum up the conference in a single word, that word would be “Hope”. It really shined a light for me that anything is possible as a TG.

I won’t go into detail about the conference and you can PM me if you would like to know more, instead I will just post some pics.

Btw, the trip home we followed the GPS for the fastest route and it took us up through Harrisburg. It took 12.5 hours to get back - Sweet!

Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abigail...n/photostream/

Last edited by abigailf; 09-26-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Even though I'm local to Atlanta, my HS reunion was this weekend and I didn't realize it was happening the week prior so I missed out TOTALLY

Thanks so much for posting, and it looks like someone did have a blonde moment, err 18hrs vs 12.5 though I see some of it was a sightseeing tour of the White House.

cheers
    Yolanda

Abi,
    You forgot to mention our drive on the way back, where we took a different route through South & North Carolina along the Blue Ridge mountains. We have to give extra kudos to Abigail for showing up inside convenience stores & gas stations in a very pretty miniskirt in the deepest of bible-belt hillbilly country during our pit stops. I just wore womens jeans on the way back. We were like any other women, just better looking.

Oh, yeah.......gas pump nozzle, tee hee.

you both look beautifull, and it looks like you had a great time.
    I hope I look half that good when I finally get to step out.

Dami

Yea, we should have taken pictures at some of those stops.

But here is what I do have...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.