Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any bad experiences being out in public.

I was on my way home one Friday evening on a busy city blvd, lo and behold there was a sobriety checkpoint ahead and I was already in line. No need to panic, I wasn't drinking or carrying drugs or running from the law, nothing to hide.
    I was well into in girl mode and I continued in that mode. I checked my lipstick and hair and waited for my turn.
    My window was rolled down as the male officer leaned towards me and asked how I was, making eye contact with him I replied with a smile and carefully said, "Just fine thank you". He smiled back, glanced at my rack, and waved me through. My heart didn't even speed up, my breathing remained regular, I didn't break into a sweat, I was very calm and I believe that he saw that.

It saddens me to read about all these bad times that many sisters had to endure. Yes you can be honest and calm and all that, but it only takes one 'bad or curious cop' to make a harmless situation into a bad one.
    I go on police ride-alongs periodically and I do talk about such issues with them. Basically, if you aren't giving the police a reason to draw their attention towards you, you should be okay out there. They have a lot more on their plate to deal with than looking for CD's to harass.
    Of course a cop working in a rural area or small town is probably bored and is looking for anything out there that seems 'unusual' to them and worth investigating.
    My rules include always being where other people are. I do not park in empty lots at night or walk downtown after the stores have closed. Those acts will attract their attention as that is their job.
    Last edited by Carmen; 10-01-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    ...Next came the “mind if we have a look in your vehicle” question, after they had sufficiently intimidated me, which was quickly followed by shoving a “written consent" form and a pen in my hand and pointing to where I "needed to sign it". I foolishly decided to consent rather than refuse the search...because I wanted to get home ASAP....
    If this ever happens to you it is NEVER in your best interest to consent to a search. If they have probable cause that you have committed a crime they won't ask for your permission. If you give permission their "fishing expedition" will only extend your ordeal. It also multiplies their opportunities to plant illegal items in your belongings. Stay in your vehicle unless you are ordered to exit it, since exiting the vehicle gives them cause to search your person. If you are ordered to exit your vehicle be sure to lock and close the door after you get out. There are legal nuances that extend police search rights if the door is left open. Be polite, comply with any lawful order the officer gives, but tell the officer with certainty that you do not consent to any search.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    As bad a scene as it would be for you to shoot an attacker, even if justified and legal in your state, imagine how much worse it would be when it comes out on TV and in the newspapers that you were dressed as a female at the time. Talk about being outed!
    I disagree with this statement emphatically Linda...Right is Right and it doesn't matter what you are wearing so long as you are not breaking any laws or instigating trouble yourself....Being Transgender or a crossdresser does not make my life or safety any the less valuable because of my gender presentation...And Yes, I do frequently carry a firearm in a manner that is legal in my State.....Now Yes...the media would no doubt try to sensationalize this scenario...but I still choose to fight back when Violence is brought to me...a Firearm should be a last resort...and some may see this as the testosterone in me talking now but ("It is still better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.") I'll take my chances in a court of law under representation of an attorney rather than hope for mercy at the hands of a criminal anyday...I have the same rights as anyone else be they Male or Female or a combination of the two.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

i guess its time to start a new thread on bra holsters and what size of purse works best for concealing my firearm..(while out of course)..being outed is the least of your worries when you are faced with an 8 inch bowie knife and the perp is demanding your purse..a simple here i will give you may wallet while you reach into your purse and out comes the glock..of course you never bring a knife to a gun fight..i know this is always an issue here amongst many..but the issue is important enough to discuss as adults..

Maybe there should be an entire thread to self-preservation and protection!! Not just concealed carry firearms, but defense tactics, martial arts, and perhaps most important - dispute resolution.

As much as I am pro-RKBA, there are those times in my professional field I am unable to carry, and those are the times I feel vulnerable. My office is totally pro-gun, but many of the offices and courts I deal with are not interested in protecting the God-Given Right of Self-Preservation.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    If this ever happens to you it is NEVER in your best interest to consent to a search. If they have probable cause that you have committed a crime they won't ask for your permission. If you give permission their "fishing expedition" will only extend your ordeal. It also multiplies their opportunities to plant illegal items in your belongings. Stay in your vehicle unless you are ordered to exit it, since exiting the vehicle gives them cause to search your person. If you are ordered to exit your vehicle be sure to lock and close the door after you get out. There are legal nuances that extend police search rights if the door is left open. Be polite, comply with any lawful order the officer gives, but tell the officer with certainty that you do not consent to any search.
    I don't think this is wise advice AT ALL.

People with nothing to hide...hide nothing.

Exiting a vehicle and locking it behind you is FOOLISH on SO MANY levels.
    You will immediately be viewed as suspicious/dangerous and the keys in your hands might be mistaken for a weapon.

I really resent your assumption that law enforcement would 'plant something on their fishing expedition'.
    Believe it or not, they have much better things to do.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJunkie View Post
    ............ It does seem though that police in NC love to accuse us of prostitution because apparently the only reason to them why a man would present as a woman is for sexual purposes since I've had many TG friends who've had the same problems with the police.
    The reality is, in many areas, males do dress as women and prostitute themselves. So, if you look like a hooker and are stopped in an area where hookers operate, you're likely to be stopped and questioned. Even if you are a genetic female.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Momarie View Post
    I don't think this is wise advice AT ALL.

People with nothing to hide...hide nothing.

Exiting a vehicle and locking it behind you is FOOLISH on SO MANY levels.
    You will immediately be viewed as suspicious/dangerous and the keys in your hands might be mistaken for a weapon.

I really resent your assumption that law enforcement would 'plant something on their fishing expedition'.
    Believe it or not, they have much better things to do.
    I suggest you brush up on US Constitutional Law, specifically the Fourth Amendment. You are obviously misinformed with all due respect. Or, consult any lawyer and they will advise you to do EXACTLY what Eryn has mentioned.

Best wishes

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I don't believe there is a cookie cutter answer to this question of do I or don't I allow a vehicle search...and like many other things in life...the situation will dictate the best response.

I have never had an officer ask for consent to search my vehicle but then again I haven't been pulled over for anything more than a speeding ticket in over thirty years.....and so the need is averted.

I do believe that you are going to be put under closer scrutiny and will find yourself at greater suspicion if you refuse a requested search...and while I will acknowledge that the possibility exists that a corrupt law enforcement officer may "Plant" evidence...it is thankfully a rare occurence and said officers usually weed themselves out and off the departments fairly quickly....and if said officer is so corrupt to begin with...its not going to matter if you consent to a search or not...

All they need anyway to search the vehicle is a "Reasonable Suspicion" to search.

In a situation where I am sure I haven't done anything wrong and have nothing to hide....I believe I will play the odds and the odds are that if you don't have anything to hide...while you may be in for a little embarrassment, inconveinence and possibly even ridicule...it is still better to be cooperative with Law Enforcement.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 10-02-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added statement
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

I have had a guy look up my skirt once.I did not catch it at first and luckily my good friend Jess caught it.She alerted me at first.I ended up taking the pointy part of my left heel and get it near his right eye.I did call him a pervert and a cop saw it.Guy was arrested and I did press charges.He was convicted of sexual assault and sentenced to 5 years in the slammer.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteTonya View Post
    I suggest you brush up on US Constitutional Law, specifically the Fourth Amendment. You are obviously misinformed with all due respect. Or, consult any lawyer and they will advise you to do EXACTLY what Eryn has mentioned.

Best wishes
    Great post. Momarie is obviously law enforcement. Its a shame so many officers in a positon of power feel they have the right to violate our most fundamental rights. And the so-called Patriot Act only perpetuated these beliefs.

I meant to respond to the original post but got busy. IMHO, the OP of the traffic stop brought all the trouble on herself. It wasn't a case of TG harrassment. It was a case of police investigating a person acting suspiciously and obviously lying. I do despise the fact that they stopped her without cause but everything else was her fault. If I get pulled over en femme, no problem I'm a freaking CD.

What she should have said when asked about the wig was, "Its mine. So what?"

Banned Read only
    Picture it, it was the summer on 1995. I had gone to Myrtle Beach, SC and I was all alone in my trip. I was married and was just taking this trip to the beach from advice by my doctor to the beach and get some sun. My doctor suggested that because of a skin breakout from some medicine he had prescribed earlier. Well upon my packing for the trip, I thought how wonderful an opportunity for me to become Tara as I was up in a high rise hotel room overlooking the Atlantic ocean.

Well I enjoyed my 3 days there and spending my evenings up in my room just relaxing and being Tara. The morning of my departure, I was on the phone with my second wife and said, I’m leaving now, I should be home around 4pm. I put on this little white silky girly tank and some little terrycloth shorty shorts, pink panties and a bra with no forms. I was sunburned tremendously bad. I could hardly walk for I had gotten way too much sun. I put on a lot of aloe for my sunburns. I packed my guy stuff in the trunk. And I put my girl stuff under the cover that covers the spare tire. This was way before cell phones. So I hit the road, knowing I had 5 hours to get home now. One fact my driver side window will not roll down.

I was rolling up Highway 501 , just North of Conway, SC, Another car came up beside me and wanted to run the cars down the road a bit, sort of like a challenge to me. So we both put the throttles down for a bit. Then my opponent slowed down from 70 down to around 45mph. I looked back and wondered, “what you doin?’ I thought, “You wanna roll with me? I looked ahead and there was this unmarked SCHP, 6 car lengths ahead of me with the blues flashing. I tried to play it off like, is it me you want? I slowed to 35 also as many cars went flying by. The SCHP stayed in front of me the whole time with the blues flashing. Yes I was wrong, I was speeding, as was the car beside of me. So he finger gestured with an angry mannerism for us both to pull over and so we did. We pulled into a closed down small time gas station. I pulled in, the SCHP pulled in and parked ahead of me or in front of me. And the other speeder pulled up and stopped in front of the SCHP’s car.

Then out came this big man about 6’5” or 6’6”, 260lbs minimum, got out of his cruiser and walked back towards my little old 1989 pontiac grand prix. He swiftly walked and made sure he was about 6 feet from my window. He was wearing his SCHP hat and even had the string going under his chin. He put both of his hands on his hips and his face scowled with obvious anger. I was a little scared, yes I was speeding, my wheels were spinning, both my hands were on the wheel. I awaited instructions. I couldn’t roll my window down. I was afraid to open the door feeling that he may take that as and act of aggression. So I sat there wanting him to instruct me on something after he had analyzed the situation.

After staring at me for about 45 seconds through my glassed window, he lunged at my window, started beating it with his huge fist’s , screamed at me, then dug his fingernails to the top of my window glass, and got his big hands on the window and forced it down into the door of the car. He reached in and grabbed me by my blouse and pulled me hard up into his face, he SCREAMED at me: “What the hell are you doing? Are you gonna say you weren’t speeding on my highway?” “no sir, I said” he screamed; “WHAT?” ,,no sir I said again. He screamed again, ”OH SO YOU’RE SAYING YOU WAS NOT SPEEDING ON MY DAMN HIGHWAY? ,,yes sir I said. He then said get out of the car, get out of the damn car and never letting go of my blouse. He opened the door with the door latch and as I was getting out with him pulling me at the same time, I was finally out of the car. He said so you’re gonna say you weren’t speeding on my highway?” he then shoved me with half of his might back into my car. Then grabbed me again and said answer me boy, were you speeding on my highway boy ,huh?, huh?, huh,??? Were you boy?” he screamed as loud as he could. He slammed me back into my car. This went on for about 4 times he slammed me into my car. At this point, I’ve never even gotten to say a word. I put up no resistance for I knew, that would be a terrible mistake.

He then asked for drivers license, registration and proof of insurance. I gave all that to him. He then said “I need to search your car” “DO you give me permission to search your car, he yelled?” I said in a low soft voice, “Are you going to give me a ticket?” He put his nose against mine and screamed, “DAMN RIGHT I’M GONNA GIVE YOU A TICKET” I said nice and soft and low voice, “then I will not give you permission to search my car. “WHAT?’ he yelled. He then grabbed me under my left armpit with his big strong self and lifted me up with only my tiptoes were on the wet ground. Well he then called his captain to get a warrant for a search. He called it all in and we waited for his captain to arrive. He said, “my captain is on his way BOY, you think I’m tough and bad, you just wait till he gets here” He then said, “all you gotta do is give me permission to search your car and I’ll keep my captain off of you” And with all my intelligence, I knew they would get into my car in time. So I said, “ok, you can search my car” “YOU SURE? He screamed” I said yes. He then took my keys and looked all under all the seats, dash, console, back seats, front seats, etc. Then he grabbed a picture of me and my little 9 year old daughter from just under the rearview mirror, looked at it and screamed “IS THIS YOUR DAUGHTER? I then just stared at him.

He opened my trunk, opened my luggage and emptied all the contents out on the waterhole from the previous rain. Opened my video camera case and threw it on the ground and picked up a VHS tape and screamed ”WHAT”S ON THIS TAPE?? I just stared at him. And then when it seemed that there was nothing left to see, he then pulled up the covering for the spare tire, jerked it all out and threw it on the ground, and saw three plastic bags, and looked in them. There he saw all of my Tara clothes, skirts, blouses, panties, bras, etc. “Who’s women’s clothing is this , he asked. I said they belong to my wife.

His captain pulled up behind me, the big and mean type, he got out of his car, walked up to me and grabbed me under my left arm pit and lifted me as high as he could, ,,again my feet were barley touching the ground. The captain the yelled at me , with me lifted up like that and he yelled, “ YOU GOTTA PROBLEM BOY”, “no sir I said,” he then did the same old thing his employee did, and screamed “WHAT?” no sir. “WHAT??” no sir, I repeated. He let go of me and then he and the original guy walked off and talked. I could read and hear them well. Captain was told of the women’s clothes and all. He’s clean, etc. At that time in life I thought the clothes were illegal but now I know they weren’t.

So the first guy started writing tickets of speeding,no seat belt, etc. During that part, he asked very sweetly, “Do you think you have been treated unfairly?” I said “no sir” “WHAT, he asked ?” obviously very surprised at my response. “no sir , I said”. “So you don’t think you’ve been mistreated?” again I said “ no sir” I was shaking very badly from the fear of what they may do next. And so the captain asked me why I was shaking? His employee responded with, “ he probably believes all that SH** he sees on tv about cops”. I thought to myself, “well if you all are not so wrong you wouldn’t have to edit the films like you do”. His captain took off and said I’ll meet you at the diner. He handed me the tickets , looked at his watch and said, damn this has been over and hour I gotta run. I then said “ ok, well I will be here a while” cop asked why?, I said in a voice that I would use as if I was leaning over a dying person on their death bed,, well you see, “ I have been driving for over 3o years, probably longer that you've been in the world, and I know when you get pulled over, you should do only what you are instructed to do. He said yes, I knew you didn’t know about my window wouldn’t roll down, he said yes, I knew that if I opened my door that you may take that as an act of aggression, he said yes, and I said, so sir, I had no choice but to sit there with my hands on the wheel, and you saw how everything turned out, he said yes. And I said so, I’m going to have to get some tools out and all and try to fix my window that you broke before I can leave here, for (I looked up), a big storm is coming, he looked up and said yes , looked like a big one’s coming, plus I need to put some more aloe on my sunburns and of the bruises you and your captaion put on me. The big bad SCHP, said look MR. ******, you seem like a real good man, I’m sorry I got like I did,,, look, I’ll help you fix your window. He went to his car and pulled out the long nose rubber jawed pliers and he and I worked on my window for about 5 minutes and finally got it fixed and rolled up. He then told me that when I came back next week to pay my fines for the judge to give him a call and he would drop most of the charges. He then walked up to the car that was speeding along with me ,and said, ya’ll go ahead, and motioned them off. I’m sure if I had walked up to that car afterwards, I would have smelled SH** in there.

I drove on for about ten miles afterwards and had to stop and throw up for about 30 minutes.

Love & respect. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tara

Are personal attacks really necessary?

Maybe I'm being naive, or just Canadian and therefore don't have a tarnished ideal of police - but the only times I have ever encountered law enforcement officers they were very professional and (mostly) helpful - even in the States. I think it's a profession where the right kind of person can do a lot of good. I've definitely seen police officers who got a little out of their comfort zones at times - and that would probably be the case when any of you ladies were dressed around them - but on the overall I think they do more good than harm. Maybe part of it is that I'm a GG, and a little on the small side - but I have definitely felt protected whenever I have needed to call police. Actually, I'd be interested to hear other GGs on this little tangent of interacting with police, perhaps that mistrust of law enforcement is something from the more male side of the psyche as both Momarie and I are on the side of co-operating with them.

Last time I checked, wearing a skirt wasn't against the law in any Western country (I haven't checked laws elsewhere, but that seems a good generalization, right?) so why 'hide' that? Somebody made a point about asking for badge numbers and names when they felt it was getting past an okay reaction, I think that's a great idea. I probably would comply with what a police officer asked me to do. I think if I was alone and pulled over by one or two police officers, I would ask for their name and badge anyway, because enough criminals have faked being a cop to commit crimes I wouldn't want to put myself at risk. Doing that right up front will probably limit any harassment you would get from them before it happens.

This thread may not have been intended to address police encounters, but, i find reading the stories to be valuable. Like most of you, I feel intimidated when approached by an officer. But, my experience has been that most (not all) are professional and concentrating on doing their [often thankless] job.

To shine a different light: A Fort Worth police officer recently accepted our invitation to visit with us at a local TG support group meeting. The setting was very casual; a mixed group of TGs and GGs and he sitting together and talking.

He spoke for only a short while then opened the floor for questions. As you can imagine, the questions started out asking about legalities (bathrooms?; license/ID?; etc.), but, soon became concentrated on how to act and expect to be treated by police officers, especially when dressed (as we all were.) The conversations were candid and, I believe, realistic. He acknowledged that, like in any other profession, there are those officers who are "on the fringe." His message was that the various police departments (at least in this region) have become extremely sensitive and responsive to complaints of police harassment, with little tolerance for those officers who create those problems. (This may not have always been the case, but, I believe modern legal awareness has caused it to evolve.)

He was, of course, professional and cordial. A few questions, I believe, made him uncomfortable and he chose his words carefully, not knowing how they would be received. But, he repeatedly stressed that most metropolitan police officers have too much on their plate to spend time harassing LGBT people. He distributed his business card to all and assured that, should anyone encounter anything perceived as harassment, a complaint would be respected and investigated and, if not, he would welcome a call, personally, to get his help.

It isn't against the law to cross-dress. So, when approached by an officer, there is no immediate need to change clothes, remove the wig, etc. You have the right to dress any way you wish (evening gown; clown makeup; dinosaur costume; etc.) And, you have the right to be treated with respect, regardless why he/she stopped you. (If you create an incident by not being equally respectful, that can spiral down, quickly. "We have found the enemy and he is us." - Pogo)

These attitudes may not prevail in Podunk, SC. yet. I can only hope they will eventually prevail there, as well.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

Hiya Eryn,

Darn! I was hoping to just share my experience as a confirmation of relating to the thread topic, then just sit back until the thread faded away. No such luck...lol. Since it was/is topic related, produced some “debates” and this is a reference to me, I feel obligated to cough up some more detail than I planned on,

I am not a licensed attorney so my statements are always my opinion, never intended to be construed as offering legal advice.
    I want to confirm that I agree with the excellent approach you stated as being the safest strategy for dealing with this type of police encounter. For much of the general public, the alternative would be like playing a game against opponents that created the game, designed the rules and did not give you a copy of the rules. Losing the game can result in devastating consequences.

Honesty and truth sharing are excellent morality concepts to adopt and practice in life. Unfortunately, they have little to do with the outcome of legal encounters or guilt/innocence rulings in a court of law. What you can prove or can not prove based upon documented evidence has everything to do with the outcome in a court of law.

To state my philosophy/position on this issue, as well as any circumstance I may encounter is this:

I always have a strategy. At a minimum I have a plan “A” and a plan “B“. Plus contingency plans for both because chances are I will need all of them,
    A good strategy relies on having the proper insight, resources, tactics and ability to play the games I enter. This requires knowing the rules, as well as the ability to adapt/evolve quickly to seize/capitalize on any opportunities that surface which can keep me out of immediate trouble. If I don’t feel that confidence, I try not to play that game, lol.

I deal with legal/privacy issues in the work I do. I am knowledgeable about the reality of Traffic Enforcement as a pretext for drug enforcement efforts. This includes using “drug courier/vehicle profiling as a law enforcement tool to increase the statistics enough to support/reflect a “successful” fight on the “War on Drugs” to the public. Before anybody starts waving and cheering in favor of this strategy...you might want to see how such philosophies escalate. I am referring to “Policing for Profit”, which I believe is exactly the profiling madness that made me a target for the experience I had to endure.

Here is a short video clip documenting the exact same scenario I encountered. The only difference is that it was in another state, not Tennessee. This is how the DEA adapted to the Court Case Decisions changing search restrictions ( Benton, Terry Stop, Gant). Welcome to the current DEA end run version of 84’ “Operation Pipeline”.
    http://www.flexyourrights.org/taxonomy/term/203

It was also the week this was happening...
    ICE National Sweep
    http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/110...shingtondc.htm

Actually, the reason I survived was by paying attention to “timing” (unreasonably protracted detention for purpose of vehicle stop, unreasonable interrogation for unrelated, delay of est probable cause, consent duress, were some things I casually and respectfully “mentioned”, lol)

I did not “win”. That is impossible. I was just astute enough to not “lose”, and they recognized it. Once again I managed to transform myself into the smallest fish in the surveillance fishbowl ...in the eyes of those that are fishing for trophies in it. Nothing said here is meant to be taken personal by LE members here, or interpreted as a rant against LE. It is just part of the process when any organization let's the train run itself...if you are on it, you always are assumed to be having fun.

Hey, any strategy that worked...was a good one...
    Earth, what a planet...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm in Canada, law enforcement is pretty low key in comparison to the US. I was pulled over by a RIDE program once with another gurl in the car, explained we were just going home after a nght at the club, he asked if I'd been drinking, I said no, as I hadn't and he bid us a fond farewell, took less than a minute.

I did have one bad experience, stopping for cigarettes at a variety store a few blocks from home after a night of clubbing at about 2:45am. 2 young kids, 17 or 18 walked in behnd me, made a provocative comment and I turned around and they saw I was NOT the sexy women they were expecting. I left, they followed me in their car and parked in my driveway and hurled taunts. I called the police, with the plate number. The young boy was arrested and charged with impaired driving.

A few days later he appeared with his father and was crying and apologizing. Hs father said "we didn't raise him with these attitudes". All in all nothing major. I've been out maybe 50-60 times, that's my only "bad" experience.

Far be it for me to sh*t where I eat (or so the saying goes) being Canadian and all that, but in the last few years, it seems that many of our own police forces have been starting to emulate their US counterparts when it comes to stomping all over citizens' rights and administering good 'ol Southern-style roadside "justice".

The RCMP's former sterling reputation has become severely tarnished with a number of recent inquiries into questionable behavior of late, not the least of which was the tasering at the Vancouver airport about 4 years ago of unfortunate Polish visitor Robert Dziekanski. Yes, he was disoriented, acting strangely and wasn't responding to their orders because he couldn't speak English (or so it was discovered afterwards), but subsequent findings showed that the tasering which resulted in his death was definitely overkill, especially since they continued zapping him even after he had fallen to the ground and was already handcuffed.

Then there was the Toronto police force's particular spin on crowd control when confronted with the protesters at last year's G20 summit of world leaders, and which would have done any Stalinist-type regime proud. The infamous "Officer Bubbles" video which briefly became an Internet sensation around that time said it all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMTm3QRwEc

as did this demonstration of their "kettling"' techniques, which included letting the protesters stand around corralled that way for hours and get drenched in the rainstorm that subsequently developed, ostensibly to "teach them a lesson". What is the Toronto police force's motto again? "To serve and protect"? Right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280hr...eature=related

Needless to say, when I am out as "Leslie" (and especially when I am driving), I do my utmost not to attract the attention of the local constabulary - just in case...
    Last edited by Leslie Langford; 10-04-2011 at 06:50 PM.

well since the thread has changed, let me weigh in on this aspect.

if i were to be stopped by the police en femme or with female items in the car, my first thought would be who cares. like some of the other law enforcement types posted, if you have nothing to hide, it's no big deal. start acting evasive and getting caught up in lies, you will have problems. you can watch this same thing happening on cops all the time, not with crossdressers, but people in general who have done something wrong.

now i do understand that some police may be overzealous and cross the line that type of behavior happens in all types of work and whether or not you have a bad experience with the police has no bearing on what you wear.

i live in a border state. border patrol and law enforcement use profiling all the time. i think whatever they do to stop crimes from happening is fine with me. if you live in a state like arizona where there is a considerable amount of crime from illegal immigrants, then you might look at things differently. and before you call me a racist, i said a considerable amount of crime from illegal immigrants, not all crime and not all illegal immigrants are criminals, just some. okay?

so if you're out en femme and are stopped by the police don't worry unless you are blind drunk stoned or have a pound of meth in the car. trust me they don't want to take you to jail while you're wearing a dress and hose. they don't know what to do with you once they get you there and the liabilities are significant.
    man, i feel like a woman

Well I cant say I have had any bad experiences...yet. However at a hotel once this lady was picking it to enter the establishment.. long story short I had to get in so as I approached the door with those card keys, a gentleman opened the door from inside to let us in and said to us both, "Enter, Ladies". that lady had a weird look on her face btw. Anywhoo its nice to brighten someones day and be some real conversation for someone, and do we get any thanks? I'm sure that lady told who ever wherever, "I saw a man in a dress" Oh well, I'll never see her any more, but I thought it was nice being addressed as a lady.

I just want to back you up and say that you are absolutely right. As someone who has been profiled because of the type of car I drive, I've been pulled over well over a dozen times in the past several years and have witnessed repeatedly (regardless of reason for the stop or actual guilt) that it does not matter how nice or polite you are to the officer, volunteering information and being overly compliant to their demands or requests will never work in your favor.

This is the best advice anyone can ever take on the subject:

The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA
    Kara

Quote Originally Posted by likes2becute View Post
    I just want to back you up and say that you are absolutely right. As someone who has been profiled because of the type of car I drive, I've been pulled over well over a dozen times in the past several years and have witnessed repeatedly (regardless of reason for the stop or actual guilt) that it does not matter how nice or polite you are to the officer, volunteering information and being overly compliant to their demands or requests will never work in your favor.

This is the best advice anyone can ever take on the subject:

The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Well, for those who insist on driving a souped up "fast and furious" type of Japanese "rice rocket" like an Integra RS or a Civic Si with a spoiler the size of an airplane wing, a tailpipe as big as a stovepipe, and a 1000 watt stereo pumping rap music out of a set of speakers and sub-woofers that fill up the entire back seat area - and then top it off by painting it a bright day-glo canary yellow, scarlet red, or lime green - yeah, you might as well paint a bull's-eye on your vehicle as well as it will inevitably become a major cop magnet.

I see these types of cars driven by 18 year-old testosterone-laden kids wearing the requisite backwards baseball caps all the time, but the irony is that they usually drive them in traffic like little old grannies. My theory is that they either don't drive their hot rods to their full potential for fear of said police profiling, or else they have already accumulated so many tickets for moving violations that they have run out of wiggle room with their demerit points, and are on the cusp of losing their driving licences with just one more infraction...

Of course, one is always better off to drive one of these vehicles en femme, as that will earn one major points on the "hotness" scale, whereas in guy mode, one is more apt to be pigeon-holed as a dangerous maniac driver.

Like many others I have never had a bad experience. I have had several looks thrown my way, and giggles from teenage girls but that's about the worst of it.

I have, however, had so many positive experiences it's just mind blowing. I've had comments from random shoppers at the mall such as "gee I wish I had your courage" and "wow you look great". As well as plenty of very encouraging feedback from SA's whilst trying on clothes in store (yeah I know, they are after a sale, lol)

Tash

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I have had the usual sniggers/looks etc but slowly but surely the effect on me has diminished (with my Wifes help).I had one experience that had the potential to turn out nasty.In Edinburgh for a night out with a cpl TG friends and my wife,we had just left a TG friendly pub,When we started walking home,my wife and I started holding hands.We were confronted by a few ppl and one particularly nasty girl who said (aimed at my wife and I) "thats the most disgusting thing ive ever seen".Well what was a girl to do,well I thought attack was best form of defence,I replied "really,have you not looked in the mirror,dear" to that everyone started laughing,and that Including passers by.well that kinda shut her up and defused a potentially bad situation

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

In 2006 or so I late out mailing a letter while enfemme a car load of twenty something males yelled and screamed at me, using the usual anti gay epithets. For a couple of minutes I was frightened and my evening was quite uppsetting, but that is in the past. My next door neighbor, for the last year, is an out and out hater of what he sees as abnormal sexual attire or behavior. He is a piece of work, believe me
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

One December Friday night my wife had me dress to go out to a fancy restaurant, so I was dress to the hilt. This was to be my first trip out and I was afraid and excited at the same time. She told me as she was driving that we were going Xmas shopping. We drove to a near by city where there was a Harley-Davidson dealer located that knew my male self. I declared that I could not go in there dressed like this and she said that was fine because she didn't want me to see what she was buying anyways. She laughed and said I have other plans for you, that is why you are dressed up and I'm not. I am dropping you off at the other end of town (Lebanon, PA.) and want you to window shop back towards me. She pulled in about 20 blocks from the HD dealer and said get out and walk the main street back, I will be looking for you when I'm done. There was a cop car behind us about two card and I protested that I could not get out. She drove two more blocks and said she could take me to the other end of town or I could start in the middle where we were then. I got out and started walking back towards the cops but they were gone by the time I walked the two blocks. Now came the problem, something I have done myself, wolf whistling from a car of teens. I turn into a store front as they slowed and acted as if I was going in. At the end of block they were back doing it again, it did help my confidence of passing but I did not like it. Seeing them coming a third time I crossed the street and went into an apartment building till they passed. I walked the entire 20 or so blocks before she finished shopping and had to hang out on a corner for about 10 minutes before she came up to get me. From then on it had been great going out dressed.