Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you too emotional???

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Are you too emotional???

When I was a kid I was often accused of being to emotional. I was often called a cry-baby, or whip or worse. So at some point I just stopped feeling emotions. It was my defense mechanism. Afterall, a boy that shows he has emotions is very vulnerable and is often picked on. So I started wondering is there some connection? Could it be that now my emotions are manifesting themselves in the form of cding? Any thoughts?

Q1. Were you considered a sissy or were you teased because you emoted too much as a child?
    Q2. Do you think it contributes to your cding?
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I've always been dramatic. I'd rather be to emotionally expressive than express no emotion, at all.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Yes, I wss very emotional as a child. I am still quite sensitive now as well.

as a "big boy" growing up I was teased for being sensitive and it was hard for others to see me as anything but having to be tough. think that's one of the reasons I like to express my fem qualities as it allows me to have those emotions and not feel bashful about it.

Emotional yes very and still am. Like I feel for others too much and it upsets me. Even to an extent that any negative remark I consider a personal attack and any positive remark I become weary and if someone is having a problem I feel for them. Now I cry at the drop of a hat. Stupid when males are supposed to be the macho, no feeling, neanderthal who expresses rage as an emotion and that confirms his standing as a male.

In my teen years, I was very emotional. And I still am to this day.

Q1 - yes
    Q2 - No

I'm still emotional...maybe more so than ever, but it didn't create me or make me who I am. It's just a part of me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Nope! Growing up I was all boy! I made many trips to the principal's office! I got my ass beat frequently! I was rebellious! I played baseball, football. basketball, roller hockey (No ice, Karen), street games, fell out of trees, fell in a river and almost drowned doing guy things! When I could find a way to kill myself, I ended up in the infantry and ran around trying to kill people while trying to not get killed! They almost succeeded.

I just liked trying on my mother's slips. A boy just cannot be perfect.

Yes and no. Like you, I had to adapt to stay on top. However, I believe my emotional side is a product (or side effect) of being a TG, not the other way around.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

funny you should say that . i was always the type of person that when u hit me i got angry rather then cry but if u hurt my feelings bring on the water works and a flood of emotions . i would say im more female in that aspect, in my marrage my wife rarley gets her feelings hurt any i get them steped on all the time i feel like the women in the relation ship. i for one am way more intimate than she, shes the hurry and get it done type im the romance me type. now a days i only cry when im extreamly pissed and cant do nothing about the situation . like im boiling over . im an emotional being thats me do i crossdress because of it no i feell like a women somedays others i have to be a man so it not all emotions that tell me to dress

I've always been very sensitive. I lost my best friend in 3rd grade and felt no issue with crying. I cry at movies (so I avoid sad movies), but my wife has no problem with it. She doesn't cry ever...

I remember getting into a fight in 3rd grade and I cried. I don't like being emotional but I am. I was a tall kid so I didn't have to worry a/b being picked on. I was 6' when I was 13 and played football so people left me alone. Call me a gentle giant when I was in middle school!

Emotional? geee, it is an understatement, I was undeniably hypersensitive! With the girls brain and boys body how else could you go about life if not emotionally disjointed and frightful of the slightest slip. My entire life I was trying to explain why in the heck am I so sensitive, Cry at the movies (darn embarrassing, couldn't help), getting upset by any challenge to character ,frightful of new relationships, wrote poetry since god knows when.
    At least now, I embrace and hold precious my emotional gift of sensitivity and cry every chance I get while watching a sad movie like the girl I am
    Last edited by Inna; 09-27-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Yes. I was a cry baby. Someone hit me and I cried. Call me names- I took it personal and usually cried. I didn't do good in school- cry & self pity time. Kids called me sissy alot. I couldn't hit, throw or cacth a ball. Had no self defense so was always the easy target. I think that was a part of my feminine side.
    Diane Elizabeth

I could be very emotional in certain situations, but i always repressed it. I suprised myself once when i was about 12/13 when leaving after a visit to some relatives for week by nearly crying, it was strange i wasn't that close to them and it had only been a week.

In the last few years i tend to cry more easily and i do see it as my feminity showing through

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    When I was a kid I was often accused of being to emotional. I was often called a cry-baby, or whip or worse. So at some point I just stopped feeling emotions. It was my defense mechanism. Afterall, a boy that shows he has emotions is very vulnerable and is often picked on. So I started wondering is there some connection? Could it be that now my emotions are manifesting themselves in the form of cding? Any thoughts?
    I used to get so emotional that it would become life-threatening. When I was a kid, I had asthma and hay fever pretty badly. Sometimes, I would start to get congested and start wheezing because I was outside in the pollen and allergens, then the boys would start teasing me for being a sissy or a wimp. I would start to cry which would make the asthma worse. The cycle would feed itself until, in a few hours, I would have to be rushed to the emergency room for an emergency Epinephrine drip, hospitalization, and around 2 weeks of Eppy, Isoprel, Oxygen, and physical therapy once I could breathe. Back in those days, radios and televisions used vacuum tubes, so they were forbidden. I read LOTS of books sand mom would bring me puzzles. She also taught me how to knit and crochet, as well as sew, embroidery, and bead-work. All activities to help me bide endless hours with no entertainment. To make matters worse, the drugs kept me awake and trashed my immune system, so I often got very serious infections.

Eventually, I ended up at the Children's Asthmatic Research Institute and Hospital (CARIH), and they were able to not only see the association between my emotional state and my physical health, but they had no trouble telling that I was transgendered. I had to stay with one woman who was also the house mother for the girl's dorm, and I LOVED going ever there. I would have been happy to live there. But when I stayed with the house-mother for the boys, and had to hang out with the boys, I almost ended up in the hospital while I was in the center. They had to cut the experiment short.

I spent almost 2 years with a psychologist who taught me to control my emotions. He taught me to get the boys laughing, even if they were laughing at me, and he taught me to be a bit like Mr Spock, using logic and meditation to get my emotions under control as quickly as possible. I tried numerous times to tell him I wanted to be a girl. The movie about Christine Jorgensen had just come out, as well as Myra Breckenridge, where Rex Reed goes under for SRS and gets turned into Raquel Welch. It's only at the very end that you find out that he's in a psych ward and only got electro-shock. I was too young to see the movies, but radio coverage made me realize that such a change was possible.

Q1. Were you considered a sissy or were you teased because you emoted too much as a child?
    One of the side-effects of being sick all the time, and having a working mother, was that by the time I was about 10 years old, my mom would leave me at home by myself, and I could spend hours dressing up and looking pretty. Ironically, I often healed much more quickly when I did this, but wanted to stay out of school as long as I could. At first I would be home, too sick to do much more than get up to go to the bathroom and eat. But often, as early as the afternoon, I would be ready to try on some clothes from the dirty laundry. By the second day, I was doing the laundry and folding the clothes, and being a "house-wife", often while fully dressed. By 3 PM I had to switch back to boy-mode, and I could feel the energy drain from my body. I didn't know what depression was, but it was like I went from happy and loving life, to just wanting to crawl into bed and give up on life.

The irony is that dressing often gave me motivation for staying out of the hospital, and helped me emotionally so that I recovered more quickly. It probably saved the insurance company about $3 million in hospitalization and medical expenses.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Yes, and yes. I was always very emotional as a child (and was often called sissy.) I was always emotional, sensitive and shy and boy was I teased (if not bullied) for it. It was not until my late teens until I was able to really control my emotions and not get teary eyed at the drop of a hat (maybe it was the testo?)

I am sure there is a relation between my transvestism and being so emotional; if one didn't directly cause the other I am sure they were caused by a common factor.

What I think is that getting in touch with your feelings and emotions helps to develop you as a person. CDing is an outward expression of that. You know you have reached a milestone when you are no longer afraid or ashamed of your feelings and can always be yourself regardless of appearance.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi.

Yes i am very Emotional i all ways have been , tho i was able to hold my self in check & depending on the circamstances,& many times i was reacting in side i would not show that because i had to be very strong to be able to function in helping others,

Now of cause because of things iv been through & being able to express my self yes in front of others it shows,

There are things i can not hide in my being with many people around me a part of who i am as a woman i know what its like when talking with groups of people & some thing im talking about thats very close to my heart yeap i cant hold that in so my body langage shows whats going on in side of my self .

yes it does effect me so i take 5 & recompose my self & then carry on in front of 100.s of people,

So there are a few details that effect me , people accept because if it was an act they would know so it has to be real & a part of who i am , a part of being accepted as a real person. .

...noeleena...

I was as a child, but because of all of the traumatic events in my life, I have become pretty much emotion-less. To this day, I still show nothing on the outside to anyone at any time. When Ericca comes out, she is my relief and my escape. After all, girls are EXPECTED to show emotions.

“The crows all seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.”
    hehehe.

“What...Me Worry?”

“Sometimes I wake up moody; other times I let her sleep.”

“Some people say I’m “stubborn”, but I insist that I’m not. They eventually give into me.”

“Hey, emotions are just manipulation tools created for used car salesmen and sandbox bullies to exploit the trust and integrity of their victims...who were foolish enough to have trusted them, right? I sleep just like a baby every night............(sleep an hour, cry an hour, and sleep an hour, lol).”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, OK...I admit it...I am an emotionally wired human. But not in the “cry-baby”, Casper Milquetoast version of the term. I was verbally abused my entire childhood by my emotionally vacant and torturously critical father. I came from an upper class, financially and politically “successful” family. But my father made sure I never experienced any part of it. I was forced to play and excel in every sport ever invented, as well as hold down a job every day after school, as well as Saturday and Sunday. (Beginning at age 13) He was determined to make sure my life was as difficult as he could make it. I never received one supporting word out of him to the day he died 3 years ago.

My mom was the exact opposite. Every minute of every day was another emotionally charged crisis after another...in her mind anyway. She is now in her 80’s, healthy and lucid. If any one of you called her and asked her for it...she would not hesitate a second in taking off her own wig and mailing it to you if you needed it, lol.

I was born with an oversized empathy/sympathy reserve, overzealous curiosity, and extremely high abstract reasoning ability. Given those traits and others...My life has basically followed the path my childhood psychiatrist predicted it would, back when I was 14 years old and forced by my father to visit him. He advised me that my “innate traits” would make me successful in business, and a loner most of my life. I would basically spend my life unable to resist constantly “rescuing” everybody I know in life from the consequences of their poor decisions, only to be exploited and ripped off by them at every opportunity they see in the future.

You know...same basic plot as many of the television series and movies use repeatedly. (Only I don’t end up making a fortune back, hooking up with the hot female lead actress, and living happily ever after.)

So...no...no emotional soup, schoolyard thrashings, crying or nerd-squashing victim stories in my file that I can use to explain my Crossdressing motivation. I have always been the lifeguard since I was a kid. As my mom confirmed...I just can’t resist saving people instead of saving myself first.

But hey, where is the fun in that program?...hehehe. I am not complaining by any means. Life has never been boring for sure. As to connecting roots to my Crossdressing... I have a fairly good idea of the events that contributed to this path. But for the most part...it does not change anything anyway.

The only thing that matters to me is that I am sitting here dressed to the nines, drinking 40 year old bourbon, financially stable and reasonably “sane” to chase the next adventure that arises. So...I don’t spend any time trying to figure myself out.

I am happy and as far as I can tell so far...Life is just one wild ride on
    “A Street Car Named Desire”... all aboard~!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Absolutely hypersensitive rather than emotional. I grew up controlled, controlled, controlled. That translated into repressed and introverted. Age brings some relief, but the tendency to hide (or run), react, etc. is still there 100%. The difference is that I recognize the source and have learned to cope better. Emotions can be channeled when you're not with someone you can trust. I live in my thoughts. Fortunately, I have a relationship with my wife wherein I can be myself, so much - but still not all - of the emotional expression is open. I attribute ALL of the repression, every last bit of it, to gender & role expectations.

Lea

i am very emotional. I have tears at the slightest thing, the best parw of war of the worlds with tom cruise was the daughter running upto her mum shouting mummy, got me all choked uhat did. Never a fighter when a little boy, too concerned about faking being ill so i could be at home playing at being girly. Hate violence, love chick flicks, especially the end of sleepless in seattle. How romantic
    pinkiex

I didn't used to be. But I suppose that deep down inside, because I'm not getting my romantic needs filled, when something happens that well, tugs at the heart, I tend to cry much more easily than I used to, whether it be something happy or sad. It's embarrassing to the point that I make sure I'm sitting away from other people when I go to see movies.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Too emotional! I think not! Just because I always take up for the underdog and been in many fights as a child for doing so doesn't make me 'too' emotional! I love my emotions! They make me who I am! Hugs from the emotional one!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

As a child, at home I was repeatedly told I was to sensitive, I got my feeling hurt at the drop of a hat, or most anything my big brother said to or about me. But at school, I kept a brave front up, and could be a bit of a bully myself. nothing real rough, but I did have a sharp wit, that I was willing to use on anybody, and I was taught you never back away from a fight, didn't start many, but fought enough of them to get people to leave me alone, I moved a lot, and was always the "New Kid", so I always needed to prove I should be left alone the first week, or two, in a new school. As a grown up, I don't have to fight anymore, but the older I've got the bigger crier I've become, now days I don't watch sad movies, or even sentimentally happy movies, except at home, with just the wife, as I never know what will have me in tears by the time it's over. But did any of this have anything to do with me being Transvestite, no, I don't think so, it's another which came first thing, the chicken or the egg. I'm not sure which memory goes back the furtherest, being sensitive, or wanting to wear my sisters clothes.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.