Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I don't think that we are critical enough of each other.

I'm talking about the pics that look more like fantasy art than an actual person. With the imported backgrounds and the shape changing alterations.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn26 View Post
    I'm talking about the pics that look more like fantasy art than an actual person. With the imported backgrounds and the shape changing alterations.
    Psst...(I'm not really green!)
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Jeez, I came on here for a quick two minutes before I get down to work but the thread is awesome!

A few points...

Kaitlyn, I agree about not going with bum pads... I don't. You just have some good love handles babe! Most women over a certain age do as well... from the back view... I could live with that! Well I couldn't... I am working on reducing my waist to try and get a better proportion... I will never have the classic feminine form... but most women don't either!

I post pictures because I want this side of me to 'out there'... and I do get constructive comments actually! Of course I really know what the issues are already! But yes... I am sure I get the usuals... I don't care...the attention is nice! After all.. I have put a lot of effort into this!

Some of us want to get better at the 'transformation' thing... I do... I see it as 'illusion'... if I can fool you into thinking I am a woman... it has worked... I achieved my objective. I am not interested in presenting photo-shopped images, but I want to get feedback on how I am doing generally...

BUT... there are loads of us who do want to post and get some level of acceptance, and I have no problem in supporting what they have done rather than criticising the outcome. For those of us who present generously altered images... we know why? We are trying to present ourselves not as we are but we would like to be... I have no problem with this...

Of course we can grab the bull by the horns on the OP and say... when we post... don't give me bull**** tell it straight! If I knew that was what you wanted form my feedback I would be more inclined to aim at that spot between the eyebrows and give it to you straight!

Maxine is awesome! As are many many others... I just love this community and the diversity it brings...
    Last edited by Kaz; 09-29-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    You like me! You really, really like me! *swoon*
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Kaz, I'm working on it! I can't lose weight and do it right quickly. I've actually lost another 10 pounds since that pic was taken. Sadly my love handles do not completely leave until I'm almost dying. Same with my hips, thighs, and tummy. It's not like out of hand, but they're there. I do look great with a waist censer though.
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."

I have this Rago cincher (thong) - awesome! But yeah, you have to learn its little idiosynchasies! It isn't boned so it rides down... works better with pantyhose than stockings... but these are the trade-offs we live with! I will never get rid of my 'male' waist... it is how we are designed... we just need to present the illusion of lack of waist... works for me! I am inclined to do a photo-shop thing for fun!
    xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Gold Member
    People be getting all bent out of shape but I think what Loretta was talking about with pics is the ones you see that they throw on a dress but nothing else or maybe a picture of their flat chest and people rave about how great it is.

The pics that impress me are the ones that you can tell they did a lot of work with what they have. It has nothing to do with how good they actually look in the end but how hard they tried.

So then if some TG bust their butts to take good pics and no one seems to care yet the ones who put zero effort in and get told left and right how good they look, it bites.
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 09-29-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Everyone's too nice.
    It's not realistic.
    Constructive criticism is part of acceptance and support.
    It just makes me a little mad when someone posts something (where it's obvious they weren't really trying for a passable image), and get nothing but niceties back.
    I thought that the whole point of being a crossdresser was to avoid looking like a man in a dress, that's all.
    When somebody posts a picture, where it's obvious that they barely even tried, and people comment on how beautiful and feminine they look, I die a little inside.
    It just seems so fake when something like that happens.

/end rant.
    OK i'll bite, you should probably smile when taking a picture of yourself. you look kinda scary with that frown!

I really don't believe this is the place to criticize anyone, we are not on a competition of something similar, if the OP ask for some feedback there is a great number of members with enough experience that will provide it...sooner or later we all face our own realities in the mean time let's have some fun.

Loretta,

You still haven't said if it was my photos that set you off on this topic.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Loretta,
    Not sure the answer to that is constructive in any capacity whatsoever.
    —Mikaela

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Loretta,

I haven't seen any of your photos, if I recall correctly.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

I've tried in the past to give very polite, constructive criticisms. I have been contacted by the moderators on the back channel and told that I was out of line. Bottom line--no more comments from me on anyone's pix, good or bad.

Jodi

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I have seen some totally passable (which I must admit I'm extremely jealous of) CDS and some terrible pics of CDs on this forum (no names mentioned). My approach for the "terrible" ones is to say nothing. I normally will only post a comment on those CDs who are similar to me, who make the effort to look as feminine as possible within their limitations and who dress appropriately for for their age. I'm all for constructive criticism but without being cruel and trying to take into consideration the person's particular circumstances. I expect others to do the same to me.
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

i would agree that some on here do not pass. i think there are some physical limitations that don't make it realistic for some people to pass. but hey if you feel the need to dress, then dress you must. if you want to dress and pass, then it's a different story. i think it's hard to judge, since we don't want to be judged ourselves. being passable is tricky at best for some. if you think your passable, go out in public and don't have a bad experience, then you're probably passable, but then again who knows for sure?
    some people just don't say anything. but yeah, i would certainly welcome any good advice or constructive criticism as i am going out more and more.
    Last edited by cassandra54; 09-29-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    man, i feel like a woman

Banned Read only
    Thank you Suzy1 for your kind and hopefully honest words. You’re so kind. And Kaitlyn thank you as well. I agree with you about the eyebrows thing 100%, but being a man most of the time I have to keep them like they are for my wife’s sake plus for my whole extended family, I’d really change them if not for that though. But I thank you for your candor and honesty. And Kittyagain, thank you as well, yes my camera makes everyone look 20 years younger. I’ll sell it to you for $5,000.
    Love to all of you, .Tara
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 09-29-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: typo

Banned Read only

hi

Thank you Suzy1 for your kind and hopefully honest words. You’re so kind. And Kaitlyn thank you as well. I agree with you about the eyebrows thing 100%, but being a man most of the time I have to keep them like they are for my wife’s sake plus for my whole extended family, I’d really change them if not for that though. But I thank you for your candor and honesty. And Kittyagain, thank you as well, yes my camera makes everyone look 20 years younger. I’ll sell it to you for $5,000.
    Love to all of you, .Tara

Gold Member
    One of the big problems is that you can't size up how a person will take criticism and where the breaking point is. It reminds me when I met someone I am friends with now (she may recognize my story). She complimented my outfit and in turn I complimented her's. She then said "it's okay, I know I dress sl*tty". Now while she was okay with describing her own outfit, there are a lot of people that would have their feelings hurt if someone had told them that their outfit looked that way.

I'll comment if asked and I try to be honest and tactful. Its important to comment only on something that can be changed and improved...for example, a wig or clothing, not the size of someone's nose...
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    I'll comment if asked and I try to be honest and tactful. Its important to comment only on something that can be changed and improved...for example, a wig or clothing, not the size of someone's nose...
    That can be changed.

the happy camper
    If you encourage a child too much, then they will think that there is no room for improvement.
    I don't think any of us are in danger of getting too cocky. There are girls on here who have been praised to the heavens, and they still don't feel like they look good enough. (I'm looking at you, Amanda. )

The real point is, though, that unless criticism is requested, it is rude to offer it no matter how much good you think you would be doing the world. This isn't HotorNot.com.

And those "ugly" girls you see getting lots of praise, are probably getting the praise because they are nice people--i.e., the kind of people who would never give an unsolicited critique of someone's pics.

Even some of the most pretties girls think they are ugly. Beauty starts from within. If you can't feel good about who you are than no one else will. My experience for me has shown being passable isn't as important as liking yourself.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I dont pass,came to that realisation a long time ago,will it stop me going out dressed,not a chance.I do my best to look as good as I can with the tools im given (mind you bad workmen always blame their tools ) and that is enough to keep me happy with my femme side.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Hi,

For my self i'm in 4 groups of people to tell me how im dressing some 350 people , & i ask , if i have doughts about my self as i did last saturday at our Scottish Ball, i know i can dress nicely , its just the over all look that gets me doughting some times so my friends said i looked lovely , the reason i dought my self is because of my masculine facial looks yet im a woman , goes with my teritory .

If im asked i'll advise not put down , we all have issue's i do , so im more awere because of how i look we all have neat things about us it just does not allway's include our looks. & some times its only a small detail that can change the over all look to make it lovely,

If i think i should not comment because its in aproprate then i wont, ill be honist if im put in a corner as i was , i did not wont to answer , because i knew it was not what the person wonted to hear , may be they should have yet they were not ready for truth,

...noeleena...

However, you don't coddle the child, as it does more harm than good.
    Actually, that is exactly what you do. I remember being amazed when I became a parent that I could tell who was and who was not a parent by the level of patience and tolerance they had. You soon realize that your job is to build a confident young person with a strong self image. When the time comes, the kid will know what those muffins, or that refrigerator art, was like, and no one thinks they made a bad cook or artist because they made their child happy.

I want to tread lightly here, and please know that I say this out of concern for you. You express great offense (makes me die a little?) over something that someone you don't know said to someone else that you don't know. You are angry about an exchange not involving you and seemingly acceptable to both parties. Why is that? I am honestly trying to be constructive here in suggesting that you examine your own anger management issues.

I will say that you seem to have a high regard for honesty, which is a great trait to have. I hope you can use it to examine your own motivations as well.

Liz