Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving Legs!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetta View Post
    the dude on TOSH.O is nearly hairless. he even jokes about.. shaves his arms.. and said on air.. It's called Manscaping WE are human beings and we are allowed to monitor our own hair.. but.. you know.. some girls are attracted to hairyness so thats the trade off..
    Yes, some girls are definitely attracted to hair on guys. However, when i was dating my ex I shaved my legs once or twice and she REALLY liked the smooth skin. Too bad she HATED even the thought of crossdressing.

But I also agree with what some others have said, once you start you'll never want to stop. Right now I only have my thighs shaved. Another few weeks and i will be shaving my whole legs since they will be under jeans at work.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB View Post
    Rule of thumb... after two weeks growing back you will have enough hair not to stand out. After six weeks only somebody who knows your legs really well (like a wife or maybe mother) would notice anything.
    Well, I think it's different in everyone...

I get visible stubble the first or second day after shaving. After three weeks, I already have long hairs in the legs, but you can tell that I shaved. The reason is that although hair is long, it looks like too "straight" an unnatural. I also have some patches, because I guess that the growing cycle of some hairs is different.

Only after 2 months, the leg is 100% back to normal again.

So, my conclusion is: if you are not going to remain shaved all time, it's not worth it. You will get 2-3 days of nice smooth look, and 2 months of stupid looking stubble.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteDuality View Post
    Well, I think it's different in everyone...
    Yes... Like I said, it's just a rule of thumb.

I have let my hair grow all summer ... since around April. I do notice a def difference between two months growth and now. But Id be surprised if anybody else does...

Sounds to me that you want to shave your legs and want support. Well...hear from me. Go girl!!! The only thing I don't shave is my head.

Word of advice: Nobody notices but you
    regent,

I detest body hair other than maybe a thin landing strip. I first started shaving my entire body over two decades ago and simply love the feeling. Other posters are right, you can't stop once you start!

I started shaving about 3 years ago, and I just love it. I started with my pits, because hairy ones look just awful on ANYONE, but that's my opinion. Everyone that knows me knows that I shave'em, and no one has ever said anything to me about it. Too bad, 'cause I formulated the perfect answer to those who would ask. The rest of my body, was when my wife started to complain. Now, when summer comes, I stop. (because of the normal questions) Then when it grows back, I develop a new problem. I swear that a bug is walking up my leg, everytime the hair moves. And, now I get no complaints anymore. I was handed that solution about a month ago. And I agree with the general concensus, once you start, you won't want to stop!

Before you shave for the first time, I would suggest that you use baby oil on your legs the day before. Use a gell lotion and a very good 4 or 5 blade razor when shaving and then apply baby oil everyday after your shower. Nothing beats a smooth pair of legs. I work outside a lot and it helps to keep away the ticks! When you put on your stockings for the first time with your smooth lotioned legs, trust me you will learn to live with your shaved legs.

Went for a massage this summer.Was worried what the female massage therapist would think about me being shaved-every thing but my arms and back-She never batted an eye and the maasage was great.This was done with 2 therapists ,my wife received a massage in the same room at the same time.Always wondered if they talked about us after.My legs are my greatest girl asset so keeping them shaved is a priority.Nothing like the feeling of a slip under a skirt on freshly shaved legs.

I can't wait to try it...under satin sheets!
    "Boys can be Brides too!"

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by BridalBoy View Post
    My question is...if I do it the first time, how quick does it grow back? Lets say I do not dicide to keep up with it? Will it itch like crazy under my daily jeans? Now that winter's comming and shorts are put away, I think if I like it, I COULD see myself keeping up with it...thaughts??
    You'll have to try it to get a good idea of how your skin reacts to shaving and how fast your hair grows back. Six weeks for full growth sounds about right, but mine are pretty hairy after just a week. Moisturizing and exfoliating will help with the itchiness. I use a body scrub that's made for men.

If you get brave and decide to keep them shaved through the summer, I think what you'll find is that few people, if any, will even notice. I got into it slowly by trimming the leg hair successively smaller over a period of a few months until I finally decided to go all the way. I got a few questions from family members once I started shaving, and I just told them that that's the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it. That seemed to exhaust their curiosity. I haven't heard anything else about it since then.

As for wives, some like bare and some like bear. Mine has decided she prefers bare. The only thing she complains about is my chest, because if there's any stubble it scratches her cheek when we snuggle at night. :/

I have an aversion to body hair on myself and on anyone else. Fortunately I am not very hairy naturally, but I prefer to be smooth and hair-free whether dressed or not.

Ok, I DID it! Spent about 3 hours (lotsa hair!) I must say my legs LOOK fantastic, but now that Im all moisterized and dry, I can still feel pricklies. I was was thinking of getting some NAIR in the morning...would that help? They feel great too... I did all my leg, all the way up to my crotch. The toughest part was the back! Im sure I missed lots, especially on my thighs. I haven't sliped on my lingerie yet, still drying, but I can't wait. I even put the satin sheets on the bed!

While I was working on it, I figured I might as well go and clean up the privates. Well, that feels real nice, can't wait to slip panties on! I am also into AB and diapers, so that should be nice too! Can you use NAIR like products on those parts? How do you keep it nice? I think I went through like 4 razors! Ill update later....

Oh, I was trying to think of how to pass this off if I got caught...half way through I remembered it was going to be nice tomorrow and I wanted to ride my bike. Oh crap, I thaught...SHORTS. But then it hit me, LANCE ARMSTRONG does it! Sweet (and I ride alot)

thanks!

DO NOT GET NAIR ON YOUR PRIVTES !!!! It will burn like shit. All you need to do is wait a day and share again with good shaving cream while sitting in the tub with warm to hot water. This time you will be to get a closer shave and take your time. Enjoy the event. If you want to clean up your privates you can shave them too but be careful and use very light presure. Pull your skin tight with one hand and shave with the other. Your right about regular men shaving. That's what I tell my wife (she doesn't know about Susan) but she thinks I'm a little crazy.

I've shaved down several times in my life. For me leg hair comes completely back in 8 weeks. Chest hair is a bit longer to come back but nobody can notice after 6 weeks of growth. I found that the first time I did it there was stubble that same day that I couldn't get rid of and I had the little red bumps from not enough cream on while pulling the razor. However over the next couple weeks I was able to get it real close so you couldn't feel 1 prickle. I used body butter on the legs right after the shave and that helps moisturize. 2-3 weeks later I then went for a mani pedi at a high end salon and they got me to change into a robe and then they bring you into the room to do it, put me up in the chair with the other women and did the nails. I didn't care who was looking over my way at the time it felt like nothing else in the world as I was wearing panties and a camisole underneath the robe. They give the feet and calves a bit of a massage and rub cream on them once the nails are done. It was an unbelievable feeling. I have let the hair grow back though. My wife says she likes hair so I don't want to push the whole envelope if you know what I mean. I would love to do it again. Don't worry about going to the doctor or anything. They've seen it all before. Just make sure you do get to the salon like I did.

Yeah my wife thinks I'm crazy too! I don't understand why they are that way? Looks like they would like us shaved,they do. She love's me though, yesterday she bought me a pair of silkies pantyhose at a yardsale, an expensive pair to order but at .25 cents you can't beet em!

Hey cutie! Nair is the best thing since icecream! I have to leave it on for 15 min. or longer not much longer. as far as shorts, Ihave been shaving and wearing shorts for two years and no one cares not even my wife! try it and let me know what you think. ITS A RUSH.

Dove has a lotion you use in the shower I like to shave with.It's a soap and a moisturizer iin one, there is several companies who hve these prducts.

A-men, sister!!!!!!!

My suggestion is to purchase an eplilator. It is so much safer than nair products and since you have shaved all of your hair it will not be too painful with short stubble, it still hurts some! Any private area should be done only with a 4 or 5 blade razor and lots of shaving cream. I hope that you enjoyed the new feeling of the freedom from the hair and once you slip on your first pair of stockings you will never go back.
    I have been cycling with shaved legs and it feels great, do not worry about the reactions from others as most professional riders shave. Be daring and ride with nude pantyhose, it is a really nice feeling.

Nice job people....you gave me a new hobby! Seriously though. I did a quick once-over today. Still some prickles. Although, last night in my satin sheets was devine! I went to the store this morning and even my jeans felt differnt, in a good way! I went and picked up some Nair lotion. The directions say I should "test" an area and wait 24 hours (you ever do that?) And, I picked up some baby oil. You have all been great in the advice area! is there a reason to use conditioner? I noticed that it does make the skin slippery and unlike shaving cream, you can actually SEE what you are doing...is that the reason?

The toughest thing to deal with is the back of my legs/thighs and I am hoping the Nair will solve this problem. Now that Im single again (went through a divorce, she moved out BUT we are still conversing) and I have the house to myself, I will be getting up a little earlier in the morning to allow time for a daily maintaince shower :-)

Question. I know we as cross-dressers LOVE shaved legs and smooth privates, but I was wondering how non-CD gay/bi males look at it? If I were to ever "hook up", do you think he would be impressed, or would it turn him off?

Again, thanks for the help!

BridalBoy,
    If you want to shave the back of your legs, prepare a hot bath and then you can shave everything in a soothing bath. Even better, purchase some bath products to make the water more soothing. I tried Nair and the shaving and the eplilator are so much better. When you apply the baby oil, slip your pantyhose over the oil covered legs and it will keep them moist all day. Good Luck and enjoy your new look. Your first time riding with shaved legs will feel great!

Once you shave your legs you will not go back to hair legs. I know i wont

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiegirl1 View Post
    You have to shave your legs! Once you feel how great it is you probably will keep them shaved forever.
    I'm with Jamie - once you feel the rush of cool air over clean smooth legs you won't go back!

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by BridalBoy View Post
    Nice job people....you gave me a new hobby! Seriously though. I did a quick once-over today. Still some prickles.
    Did you change out the blade? Since you're just starting, the hair may be gumming up the blade and preventing it from giving you a close shave. What type of blade are you using?

Mine takes close to three months to fully grow back. I can only shave a few times at the beginning of the winter, then I have to let it start coming back so it's in "full bloom" by spring.