Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving Legs!

Shaving Legs!

I was curious about something. I have ALWAYS wanted to try to see what it would be like with shaved legs...especially under a wedding gown. Up until know, I couldn't because my wife would not go for it. Now that its no longer an issue (we are getting divorced...see my other thread) I want to try it.

My question is...if I do it the first time, how quick does it grow back? Lets say I do not dicide to keep up with it? Will it itch like crazy under my daily jeans? Now that winter's comming and shorts are put away, I think if I like it, I COULD see myself keeping up with it...thaughts??

thanks!
    "Boys can be Brides too!"

I've never shaved my legs or worn a wedding gown but would like too. But since it's going to be winter time go for it, and i believe it varies from person to person on how fast it grows back

I user nair on my legs and it doesnt grow back as fast and seems to be thiner when it does grow back

I love having smooth skin and would never go back and shave my whole body daily when I take my morning shower, with practice you become very fast. I prefer a blade versus electric razor and than slather on a good body lotion morning and evening to not only keep my skin soft but to reduce the incidence of ingrown hairs. My girlfriend loves it, what she hates is that I look better in heels than she does.

I have been shaving daily for months now, Yeah the wife is not happy but it is my legs. Anyway it could take weeks and weeks to grow back and no it really don't itch just in the first few days it is a little prickly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I love having smooth skin and would never go back and shave my whole body daily when I take my morning shower, with practice you become very fast. I prefer a blade versus electric razor and than slather on a good body lotion morning and evening to not only keep my skin soft but to reduce the incidence of ingrown hairs. My girlfriend loves it, what she hates is that I look better in heels than she does.

Everyones hair is going to grow back at a slightly different pace. When I shave my legs I typically need to shave them every other day.
    I could do it daily if I want to keep them really smooth. As for the itching, for me it usually starts on day 3 and is gone by days 5-6, so not long.
    As for keeping it up I think it is totally worth it! Down here in the south we still have a few warm days ahead of us so I may still wear shorts. But soon I will be shaving my legs for a decent portion of the winter. Right now I just trim the hair with an electric razor with a spacer. Thus my leg hair is much shorter than normal, but still looks like I have it. That is a lot better than normal length leg hair.

I also recently decided to shave my underarms. I will say that they are a pain in the butt to shave! And at first it felt really awkward, but now I love it. I think I might keep the under arms shaved for a while this winter as well.

I say go for it! It is one of the best feelings ever!

I've never had an itch problem in the 40 years that I have been shaving my legs! As far as how fast it grows back will depend on the person! With me, if I don't shave them weekly they look like a jungle! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Shaved, waxed, creamed, done 'em all. Waxing lasts longest and did I mention ( OUCH!!! in the groin area), cream lasts better than shaving and is the messiest, and shaving is the easiest(use sharp razors only). Assuming shaving, expect to feel nubs the next day, prickly the following day. If you have just shaved and go exercise, you may feel a slight stinging as the perspiration reacts with the newly shaved skin. I am clean shaven 24/7 with some electrolysis. The only itching I ever feel is in the groin area a few days after shaving the scrottum.

Quote Originally Posted by BridalBoy View Post
    if I do it the first time, how quick does it grow back? Lets say I do not dicide to keep up with it?
    Rule of thumb... after two weeks growing back you will have enough hair not to stand out. After six weeks only somebody who knows your legs really well (like a wife or maybe mother) would notice anything.

I keep my legs shaved all the time and once you do it it becomes difficule, if not impossible to stop. How fast the hair grows back is depended upon the type hair you have, both thickness and color. Over time the hair grows back kess frequently, at least for me. The bottom line is that the feeling is wonderful.

It sure makes a massage a better experience. I recently started shaving my leggs and love it.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Have to agree with Alice...once you do it, it is very difficult to stop! Maybe my willpower is lacking but I just can't stop....

I would say 6 weeks or so would bring them back to their previous condition but can't say for sure as I've never gotten that far!....

You have to shave your legs! Once you feel how great it is you probably will keep them shaved forever.I have been shaving mine for two years now.at first my wife hated it,now I think she likes how they feel.I cannot even think how awful it would be to have ugly hairy legs again.I shave my underarms as well and love it,wife doesn't want me to shave my chest so I keep the hair trimmed short.I just had to quit wearing shorts around the kids and friends,don't want to deal with their comments......I can go a few days without shaving,but I prefer to shave in the shower daily,only takes a few minutes.I use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream,then apply baby oil right after the shower but before I dry off,makes my legs sooo soft and smooth..........Shave and enjoy! xoxoxoxox Jamie

24/7, 365 for years and SHALL NEVER go back...Once ya do DON'T look back...and if anyone asks say yes you do....AND ?!! The feeling is...
    well you'll see for youself....Good Luck and Enjoy ! ...XO's Natie

Oh, you'll like it. Liking it is a given. It feels very different than when you have hair on them. And it will take about six weeks to fully grow back, should you decide you want to or need to.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Platinum Member
    I started shaving my legs and chest something like a decade or more ago....granted, I'm a natural blonde and not all the hairy, but I have never let it grow back. It feels and looks soooooooooooooo much better.

Be careful . . . . Because once you do it, you'll never want to go back! Especially if you regularly moisturize your legs thereafter. The feeling and look is amazing! When I first began shaving mine, my wife wasn't too pleased about it. She knew I really wanted to shave, so she ultimately gave me the green light. The funny thing is it did not take her too long before she began to enjoy my legs, too. Soft and smooth is soft and smooth regardless of gender! Much, much better than hairy! I have just recently started using an epilator on them, too. Epilating has worked quite well for me, and I recommend it to anyone thinking about purchasing one . . . .

the dude on TOSH.O is nearly hairless. he even jokes about.. shaves his arms.. and said on air.. It's called Manscaping WE are human beings and we are allowed to monitor our own hair.. but.. you know.. some girls are attracted to hairyness so thats the trade off..

How fast it grows back depends on the person, i shave every 2 or 3 days depending on if i am going out.. i have not noticed any itch from the hair as it grows back but then i don't let it get that long.

I shave my legs, chest, groin and stomach but I use nair on my back, little harder to shave back there... i do my back about once a week... to keep it looking clean.. now for the most part my hair seems to grow back pretty fast as i can't skip a day shaving my face without it showning up pretty easy.

If you haven't shaved before becareful on your upper thighs and lower stomach... below the waist line.. best is to shave down going in the same direction the hair grows.... you may be temped to go the other way but it is more like to give you bumps or in grown hair... i have found that after years of shaving those areas the bumps stop developing but i still never shave against the hair..

star

I shaved my legs for the first time last year and WOW! I was hooked right away. My problem is i like to travel in the winter and love wearing shorts in the summer. So i shaved my legs last week and i usually go on holiday around January and when i get back i shave again and my hair is back for the summer. Just hope that there's no unexpected doctors appointments.

Having hairless legs is a joy, I don't know how I ever lived with the " gunk " on my legs. Smooth legs is " dabomb "!
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I couldn't even begin to offer a time frame for it to grow back. I began shaving 8 years ago and now I epilate instead and I can't even imagine letting it grow back. I just love being smooth and hairless all over, especially in the cooler weather when I can wear stockings all the time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

interesting that you say you want to experience how they feel "under a wedding gown". for me, the most radical feeling was how they felt under pants! jeans or trousers that once felt tight seemed to float away from my skin once i got back in to shaving them.

i started shaving my legs as a child athlete. my then girlfriend and my parents were quite perplexed but never questioned my dedication to my sport, so let it be. once i got back in to shaving, i couldn't believe the lifetime i'd missed! nowadays, i prefer a waxing, about every 2 1/2 weeks, with a shave (in summer) to keep respectable. i find the waxing lasts longer (as observed in this thread) and moisturizer helps keep my legs feeling supple and soft. the main problem i have is on the backs of my thighs. about four days after a waxing, they get really blotchy. but now i'm doing this regularly, i don't think it'll be an issue for long. the same with shaving. keep it regular and it will soon become a non issue.

and no, this isn't the Seinfeld episode where Jerry exposes his chest hair to Kramer who then freaks out. that, in my experience, is a fallacy

I've been shaving my legs every other day or so for about a year now. I've kept my underarms shaved for a couple of years now. Chest and arms have been shaved for a shorter time.

Here is what I've learned:

Sharp razors are your best friend. Heed the label on the hair removal cream jar when it says 'leave on no longer than eight minutes". Best to shave in the shower with a nice body soap and lots of lather. I like to do a second whole-body scrub after shaving to reduce the incidence of ingrowns. With shaved armpits, you may not need as much deodorant as before shaving, and what is applied tends to last much longer. Use a good hand & body lotion when you get out of the shower.

Your kids and friends will notice you're shaved, most will not even comment on it. If pressed, and you feel the need to address an inquisitive person, say simply that you like it better this way. I took a new girlfriend out for a pedicure a few weeks back, we were talking and laughing and having a great time when the nail tech rolled my pant leg up revealing my shaved leg. My charming girlfriend, a bit surprised, asked, "Do you shave your legs?" I simply turned to her with a big smile and said, "Yup!!"

I've just installed a pool in my yard, so virtually everyone in my social circles now knows I'm shaved....my toenails get more attention though. For me, I've chosen to embrace that I like my body better this way and it's fun too, and I try to express these attitudes to the people in my life. For instance, when someone asks about, or points out my toenails, I'll respond by engaging as many people around at that moment by saying, "You've gotta ask me what the name of this color is"...I got a lot of good laughs from a deck full of people one time this Summer when I proudly announced the name of the color was "I'm not really a waitress"!! Anyway, I've fallen off subject here...sorry. I found that shaving is not the issue I thought it would be. For instance, I've begun shaving my arms for the first time and have been doing this now for only a month or two. I work in an industrial place, in close proximity to the other guys, and have had not one mention of my arms..heck, no one may have even noticed!

Do the shaving, follow the advice that has been shared throughout this whole thread, and I feel that you'll find that not only do you like it, you'll discover not too many people will notice or even care that you do.