Thread: Came out to my sister

Just a girly girl. Sweet Sabrina's Avatar

Smile Came out to my sister

After a lot of thought I finally told my sister about my crossdressing. Kind of started innocently yesterday when asked if I was going to do a breast cancer walk with some people from a church that my parents attend. It's for men only and they do the walk in heels. Womens heels. I showed her my clothes and shoe collection via pics. She thought I was joking. Today I sat down and wrote her an email explaining that it wasn't a joke and that I have been dressing off and on for almost all of my life. I told her I wasn't gay and that my wife knows and is supportive and even helps with some portions of it. I was a nervous wreck after I sent her the email but finally got the reply and here it is

Wow!* Not sure what to say other than at first I was relieved...thought you were going to tell me you had cancer or something.** I understand if you don't feel comfortable discussing but know that I love you and will respect your privacy.* I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit shocked and confused.* I apologize for my "inappropriate" comments during our texts...I really thought you were joking around.** Have you had any counseling on how to handle this?* It's a pretty big secret to keep to yourself.* Again, I love you and will support you no matter what!
    Love,
    Jen

It was nice to see that response. Even though I was fairly certain that it would be that. It was still nice to hear it and read it.

Sabrina
    Sabrina

That is wonderful Sabrina. Congrats. Now that you told her, keep the communication line open. She said she is confused, so be sure to offer to talk with her if she wants.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

the happy camper
    That's fantastic Sabrina! It's great getting that support from a family member. I'm only out with the oldest of my four sisters, but she has been great about it.

Aspiring Member
    Stores like yours gives me a smile all day.

That is great.

Kitty

I came out to my sister a few months ago and we have been great girlfriends ever since. Congrats for doing it. You won't be sorry
    "I am totally comfortable with being the other woman"

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Having recently had some wonderful support from my daughter when I told her my 'little secret', I am very happy for you and share your joy. I have tried not to overwhelm my daughter with 'too much information too soon" and believe that it is all a matter of them simply getting used to the whole idea.

Thank you all for the support. I spent about an hour or so answering her emails with questions last night. It's kind of funny but I still very weird about talking on the phone or in person about Sabrina and her side of me. All in all though I think things are going well. Haven't heard back yet from her since my last email but don't think it's a big deal. Although it was the one where I told her about wearing her clothes. So hopefully she isn't too mad. It was over 20 years ago Wow, that makes me feel old. Thanks for letting me share

Sabrina
    Sabrina

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Thats great Sabrina a sister should know and when I told my sister she was so supportive and was glad to have a sister.

Okay. To continue on. My sister and I have been emailing back and forth since coming out and I finally sent her a pic today. Wasn't sure what she would think but again I discover I didn't need to worry. It was a good pic I think, one that showed menfrom head to toe. Her reply was that we looked a lot alike. Even said my makeup was good and asked who taught me. Made me feel good about how I look. We do look a lot alike even when I'm in drab. Glad she wasn't unsettled by it. So far so good. Thanks everyone for their kind words and support I feel like I'm on cloud nine right now. Now if only she wants to go shopping sometime when I'm in Chicago next
    Sabrina

Awwwwwwwww, what a super sweet, very nice feel good story! You took a risk, and it has seemingly paid off! Of course, as well as you undoubtedly know your sister, I am sure you must have thought it would work out. How fantastic! Very well done! Probably the only thing I would caution you about would be to not overload her on it. Too much too quick may lend itself to further confusion on her part, before she really comes to terms with it. But the hard part is behind you, so enjoy this new aspect of your relationship with you sister!

Sabrina, fantastic darlin. Its a great feeling to be out & proud !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Thumbs up Wow!

Sabrina, I did the exact same thing back in April! I even wrote a similar post here with the same title(http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t-to-my-sister!)! I think that it was the best thing to do and am happy I did it. Congrats to you Sabrina, hugs, Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde