Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knowing from the start

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Smile Knowing from the start

Just wondering if you knew from the first time you tried something on that you were a crossdresser? For example: some gay people know from an early age that they are different and later realize that that difference is there homosexuality manifesting itself. However, some just figure out much later throuh experimentation yada yada yada. When you look back were you hooked immediately and knew you were destine to do it again or did it just marinate for a long long time before the pink fog descended?
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great question Briana, I knew from day 1 that this is who I am! There was no going back!

Briana,

I think you hit the nail ont the head.

Lola
    Lola M.

I knew from a very eary age, before 10 I guess, that I wanted to live my adult life as a woman.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I knew very early on as a child. Of course, at such a young age, I had absolutely no idea or conception of how deeply and profoundly it would impact my life. But I did know, even if there was little else I truly understood about it at the time . . . .

I cannot pinpoint the age, all I know is I was in grade school, 4th or 5th grade, and for whatever reason I found my mom's pantyhose in the laundry and started playing with them, and something in my mind said "try them on" - so off to my bedroom, and WHAM!! I was hooked! Unfortunately my mom caught me in her bra and panties during the summer between 6th and 7th grade. Not sure she ever said anything to my dad. Then my sophmore year my parents decided one weekend to repaint my bedroom, and they found a couple pairs of pantyhose I had hidden. The whole religious conversation ensued... it's a sin, going to hell, yada yada yada.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Brianna, Bless your heart. One can tell you are young. For those of us that tried on femme clothing for the first time around 1950, we didn't know that there was a label for us. Actually, I don't think the term crossdresser was yet invented. What we thought we were was weird and strange. We just knew we were different and we didn't fit into society's mold.

It's obvious that you have grown up in the internet age. You are lucky to have all this info available to you. Those of us that have been doing this for 60 years were not so fortunate.

Jodi

When i was younger every time i finished dressing, it always finished with me saying that i will never do it again. Even when i had a couple of pair of pantyhose in my drawer i always said that tomorrow i was going to throw them out. When i got married i thought i was never going to wear another pair of pantyhose again. The first chance i had i put on her pantyhose and at that point i told her and knew that i was addicted. I guess i always was addicted but never knew it.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I know from the age of 4. I have always wanted to dress and look like a woman. Although I have only started dressing in my forties.
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

yes yes. always attracted to shiny colorful fabric and beauty.. once i tried something on i was instantly hooked.

I didn't know that I was a crossdresser, but I certainly knew that I preferred being feminine and loved all the lovely clothes.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    When i was younger every time i finished dressing, it always finished with me saying that i will never do it again. Even when i had a couple of pair of pantyhose in my drawer i always said that tomorrow i was going to throw them out. When i got married i thought i was never going to wear another pair of pantyhose again. The first chance i had i put on her pantyhose and at that point i told her and knew that i was addicted. I guess i always was addicted but never knew it.
    Maria, you have summed up my experience with your post. It was always never again until the next opportunity came up. I guess I was in denial.

I guess in my mid teens I wore my sisters dress for Halloween but I can't say that I started dressing then. Sometime about 18 or 19 something changed in my mind and I started thinking about wearing dresses and such although it was a year or so before I actually did try one on. I have been hooked ever since. Yes I swore never to do it again often. Even went a couple of years but it always came back.

Looking back I can see that I was always more at ease playing with the girls when I was younger. Even played hopscotch, jacks and jump-rope. I didn't enjoy many of the things that most men enjoyed. I now accept that there always was a more feminine part of who I was.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I put on a pair of my sisters panties when I was age 6 and was hooked!! Never have wanted to be a woman, just like to wear their clothes!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

First time i put on pantyhose i was hooked. About 8 years old. There was no name for it back then. I had no idea what I was doing but have never been able to stop. Now i have no desire to stop.

My earliest memories start around age 9 about knowing I was different. There could have been more at an earlier age, but I don't remember much before age 9.
    Anyways, those memories I do recall all surround me praying every night for God to make me a girl. To this day, those feelings have changed very little.

MY femme feelings didn't come out til 2007, it's like they were repressed all those years before...but I actually love feeling feminine and girlie-girl.

I knew really early in life that girly stuff felt a whole lot better than what I was supposed to be wearing!

In my early teens, I wore my mothers high heels and stockings...Loved the way my feet looked in them...and the stockings felt so smooth on my legs...All through my life I occasionally dressed, mostly with my wife's stuff...the shoes were always way too small, but I managed to cram my feet in them...wore her panties too...
    It's so nice to be out to her, and have my own stuff now...and the shoes...much less painful..hehe smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drag n fly View Post
    ...my wife's stuff...the shoes were always way too small, but I managed to cram my feet in them...have my own stuff now...and the shoes...much less painful...
    Better for her shoes, too! She was probably wondering why they always seemed to get wider.

Lea

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Just wondering if you knew from the first time you tried something on that you were a crossdresser?
    No. My experience mirrors Maria's. Dress, guilt, never again ... then repeat!

Lea

At the age of 7 I don't think I knew the differences between boys and girls yet let alone what crossdressing was... But I was finding out fast!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

From what I understand I played with barbies and asked for a cabbage patch doll for Christmas as soon as I could talk. I was dressed strictly as a child and didn't really have the time to try anything else. Of the clothes that I was aloud to choose though, I picked out more femme looking boy's clothing. I was often mistaken for a girl.

My Dad left me alone a lot though. I had ample time to experiment when I lived with him for a time. He did not have any woman's clothing that I knew of though. Until one day long after I had lived with him regularly, that I found a random wig in his staircase. It turns out that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. By this time I was already old enough to have gotten my own time alone and "learned myself".
    Last edited by Kaitlyn26; 09-30-2011 at 07:10 AM.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I remember that from being about 10 years old, I would steal and wear my sister's underwear or raid my mother's closet. Up until I told my wife I liked to wear women's clothes, I never thought of myself as a crossdresser. Even all through my teenage years and later, I just thought it was something I got a sexual thrill out of and it was just my personal kink. I found this site after telling my wife and, with her encouragement to explore this, I now identify myself with the label. However, I still just think of it as a personal thing since my wife has said she doesn't have any interest in getting sexual with me while I am dressed. Then again, I think that might change as she has lately hinted she might be getting interested. We'll see.

Having said that, the "dress, guilt, never again" thing had, until I told my wife, been part of my life for a long time.

I knew what I was interested in, but I didn't appreciate the term crossdresser until I was well old. The web is a wonderful thing! I spent my life trying to deal with something I thought would go away... I have been a lot more contented in myself since I realised what others go through too. But if I look back... had I known then what I know now... yeah maybe 11, 12ish... I used to like making clothes for action man figures and was fascinated by my mother's top drawer!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings