Thread: Friendly Advice & Suggestions needed - New England

Friendly Advice & Suggestions needed - New England

Can anyone recommend any stores (local or chain) that is opened mind and can help me with a proper bra fitting? I'm also looking for stores/shops or people who can help with MtF make overs and transformations.

I live outside of Boston, and travel around New England for work quite a bit and am currently in Conway, NH.

Any place that accepts money will be open-minded toward people who have it.

Silver Member
    But to be a bit more specific, Victoria's Secret has a corporate policy of CD/TG acceptance. They will treat you right. Just go in, when the SA asks if she can help you say, "Yes, I'm looking for a bra for myself and I don't know my size." She will then help you find what you like.

VS also used to sell (maybe still do) the little silicone "cutlets" that go in your bra to give you just a little more oomph.

A makeover? There are many all over New England, but if you ever get to Vermont, you could go to Clare at THE WIG GODDESS in Barre. <http://www.wiggoddess.com> and <http://www.tgnorth.com>. Clare is VERY good, very kind, and very discrete. She also runs a support group, takes CDs out shopping and to restaurants, does glamor photo shoots, sells wigs (duh), does tanning, and sells makeup. You will NOT be disappointed if you go to Clare. Several others on this forum can recommend her also.

Stephie

Go see Barbara at Florence's Fashions in Wakefield Ma. She will put you in the right bra...or panties,or girdle or... It is her business and she is a big supporter of our community. PM me if you need contact details.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Hi Myranda,
    Couple of suggestions for you:
    1) You are in Lady Grace territory - just google them and find the closest one to you (Woburn, perhaps?) In any event, this is a store whose sole mission is to provide foundation help to anyone who asks for it, including TG's....They will help you determine a bra size for you, and are very well trained...which one might not say of a Victoria's Secret SA.
    2) Plan a visit to Glamour Boutique in Auburn. It's easy to get to, just look up the website for directions. The owner's name is John, and he has helped countless numbers of TG people. Don't be put off by the look of the store when you first go inside; that would be a mistake. It's a little crowded (with things, not people!) but it is a gold mine of products and information about cross dressing..you might just have to look hard to find something specific. Just ask John...he is a very kind individual who will help anyone. Anything you need can be found there, I promise!
    3)While you are there, schedule an appointment with Scarlett. She is a warm and gracious person whose business is helping guys look like girls! Her website is scarlettsmakeovers.com (I think, from memory...) and you can get a better idea of what she offers from her site - I would think everything you are looking for.
    Hope this helps!
    Dea

Quote Originally Posted by Dealight View Post
    Hi Myranda,

2) Plan a visit to Glamour Boutique in Auburn.
    I actually just noticed the other day that they had a store in Auborn! Thats great. Bout a 40 minute ride for me, but Im deffinetly planning a trip!

Dress Barn has a pretty accepting policy towards TG folk.

Zoe & Co. in Concord. Not cheap. but they'll fit anyone.

It's odd, I've bought a ton of stuff from Lady Grace, but never asked for a fitting...

Thank you all for the suggestions, please keep them coming.

A note about VS, they top out at a band size of 38 in most styles, 40 in a very limited number. Measure with tape just under your breasts.

Wherever you go, be sure to make a purchase if you possibly can!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    A note about VS, they top out at a band size of 38 in most styles, 40 in a very limited number. Measure with tape just under your breasts.

Wherever you go, be sure to make a purchase if you possibly can!
    Yeah, Ive noticed that with VS. I really like some of their stuff but find something that fits me, is very difficult.

Just curious as to why you say to definitely make a purchase if I can.

Aspiring Member
    Many stores will be friendly towards a CD but it is usually the particular SA that really matters. You might go to a mainstream store (JCP, Macys, etc) just after they open for the best opportunity for a good experience. If you go in the evening or when they are busy, a CD can be viewed as an annoyance. Old or young SAs can be helpful or not although I think young SAs are more open. Go in, try to get a reading on the climate and go from there.
    Good luck.

Jamie Austin does transformations, picture shoots etc. in Boston. He's in Eastie along McClellan Highway. I've not been to him since he moved out of Auburn but I've been to him like 8 times now, if you're looking for a makeover and some girl fun go get a makeover. Yes, the store in Auburn is a bit cluttered with stuff. I know when I bought my breast "cutlets" I got them in Worcester at the Greendale Mall at Fredericks of Hollywood, I think VS has them too.

if you dont scare the girls,, dress barn in kittery is super cd friendly,,been there many times,, in dress and boy,, doesnt matter to them,, they always set up a room for me no matter how busy the store is..the left side is best,, misses side on the right i never went to
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"