Thread: Corset Advice

Corset Advice

What does a corset pull in ??

I have my eye on a couple of lovely gowns but they are slightly too tight around the rib cage and breast line. Will a good corset pull the rib cage in slightly or is that asking a little too much from this kind of garment.

Can any of you girls that are wearing corsets please answer this question, I will die if I cant wear these gowns !!

Corset's job: Pull in tummy a little for a trimmer waist, and push up the breasts. Good for low back dresses.
    Hope this helps...........
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]

Yes, Dear Charlotte, a corset will pull in your rip cage. But it won't be overnight and will take very long and at least 23/7.wearing. Look up L.I.S.A.(Staylace) and you will find your answers. You can pull in so much untill the botom floating rips meet.
    Its loooong hard work. Also depends on your job if you will be able to wear a corset 23/7.
    But otherwise.... Corsets are IN.
    B.T.W. check your fem. figure the old tailor style: messure your wrist - the neck will be double this size and your waist should be double the neck.
    Mhhh, something to start with?
    Norbie
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

Thanks Norbie,

I was hoping to only pull it in when wearing these dresses, they come so close, its hard to lose weight in this area. I have seen the cheapish corset that doesnt have much structure, the more expensive designs look to be stronger, kinda hoping they wil tuck me in.

Check your fem, interesting facts, I am a little off in my dimensions, something to work on, I guess.

Thanks,

Thumbs up Corset;

Hey Carlotte! I don't think a corset is the answer for what I think you're asking. What you might need instead is a boned leather waist cincher. This garment will tighten you up in the waist and lower rib cage depending upon your torso structure, i.e. long torso/short torso. I wear both corsets and waist cinchers to pull in my slightly paunchy mid-section and slightly squeeze in my lower rib cage gently in order for me to gain a more feminine figure and it works to a certain degree and they look very sexy too. I modified the lacing on my leather corset so that I could reach it myself and adjust it to fit. Takes a little work but it does the trick. I sincerely hope that helps and I hope that I'm right in my suggestions. Let us know how it worked out!! Good luck! XXX

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    Charlotte, a real corset pulls everything smaller than itself inward. Some people call things corsets that I laugh at.

A corset will pull in your lower rib cage but if you try too much, you will be painfully sorry. If a garment is too tight around the breast area as well, forget it. It’s too small!

Sorry Leilani, you don’t know what you’re talking about. A corset will show in a low back dress. You should find a real corset sometime and try it out.

Norbie is right about constant wear to make permanent shape changes, however, I think you only need to wear one 18-20 hrs a day rather than 23. However, of you go for too much of a shape change, the ribs will form unnatural curvatures and it will look bad.

Andreaboots has me lost. Wearing both? A proper corset will do both and it sounds like she is using two items together that don’t fit right. I’m assuming by a boned leather waist cincher she means a ribbon corset. It doesn’t have to be leather. Might be a solution, but it is best to find a corset that fits right. It is also best to have one custom made. It is suggested to have custom made corsets for women. Since off the shelf corsets are designed for women, it is hard to find one that fits right on a mans body. Besides, with a custom corset, they can make it ride high enough on the ribs tapering them without pain and get a wasp or hourglass shape from a mans torso.

One thing to consider. You might be able to find a strait cut overbust corset that fits below the breast (longer man’s torso) that will fit good if it’s made for a small breasted woman. However, the key reason us crossdressers need custom fit corsets is because genetic women have larger hips and smaller rib cages than us genetic men. Our natural waist line in about 2” different. We also have longer torsos.

Charlotte, a good corset should do exactly what you want it to. A custom corset is by far the best way to go, but if you're strapped for cash you can fudge it a little. If you don't want it to constrict your ribs you can loosen the top in the back a little bit - just remember that it puts extra stress on the corset if the gap isn't even from top to bottom.
    If you want one as more of a shaping piece of lingerie, something from Frederick's or the like will be good, but it won't last very long and won't give you much shaping.
    If you want to just pull your waist in and nothing else, a ribbon corset like Felicity recommended is a good choice.
    Basically, if you only want to spend $100 or less buy something used or a cheapie from Frederick's. If nothing else you'll have a beautiful piece of lingerie.
    If you plan on spending over $100 and want something functional, bite the bullet and save $300 for a custom corset. You'll have your choice of colors/fabrics, it will last for years, and if you choose an experienced corsetier you'll be able to shape your body in a lot of different ways.

P.S. For permanent changes (waist-training) you do need to wear it 23/7 and nobody, man or woman, will get a proper fit from a pre-made corset unless they fit that company's size charts exactly. Rib-cage and hip proportions do make a difference, but a poor fit is a poor fit. Also, I'd stay away from adapting an overbust corset to an underbust if you'll wear tight clothes over it. It will make your waist look lower and more "mannish" and will probably be very uncomfortable on your hip bones if you're skinny. Otherwise it might work if it's designed for A or small B cups.

Anyse

Corsets

I have two corsets! I had them custom made just for me boned and simple pattern ivory. I paid $240 each for them as they were custom fitted to match my personnal "needs." They are not lacey, sexy things. They are simple and ever so practical. I had the option of going for the lacey or frilly fringes around the busts and the lower part. All of this seemed silly to me as no one would ever see it anyway (except for my wife--yes we remained married). I have NEVER regretted these practical purchases and pull them out when I want to fit sleekly into a nice dress and want that "extra" push up of the breasts (which are B/C thanks to hormones).

Thankyou for all the advice - it has been interesting.

With your good advice I might go ahead and buy the gowns, one is a wedding gown, then get a corset to match.

Fingers crossed that I fit into them, as males we have that largish upperbody frame. I think it will still be touch and go. If all else fails I can give the gowns to my future wife, lol !