Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Male lesbians

Male lesbians

There's a CD/TV comedian in the UK called Eddie Izzard who describes his sexual orientation as "male lesbian." What does this phrase mean to you?....I'd like to know if I am one!!!!

Cindy,
    That is interesting. HAHA. Male Lesbian.

Means nothing to me... Eddie is awesome and very popular over here. Saw I'm on a new TV show the other day... Not in drag.. Sporting a beard.. "The good wife". On CBS.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I LOVE Eddie Izzard. I think he's wickedly brilliant and sexy as hell. I've mentioned him often to my SO. That's actually exactly how I viewed it when Britnee first shared with me. I flashed instantly on his comment, "I'm an action transvestite, really, so it's running, jumping, climbing trees...and putting on make up when you're up there."
    Last edited by Ellepet; 10-07-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added quote

Be free - overcome fear!
    To be a lesbian you MUST be a female so it is stupid to
    have such a notion you are a lesbian male in your head.

So many male CDers have this fantasy that they are lesbian when dressed up with their female
    partners and wives when in reality the women are only appeasing your delicate male egos.

The bottom line is Lesbians don't want to be with men, they only want to be with other females!
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 10-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Silver Member
    I'm really not sure that he calls himself a male lesbian. I have never heard him say that

I do know I have heard him refer to himself as transvestite, however, an "Executive Transvestite".

He is an actor as well as a comedian, though, and a good one. I have seen him in one or two British TV shows.

S

Hi Stephanie / Melody,

The quote is referenced eg on his Wikipedia page under the Transvestism (Male Tomboy) section, so if you can believe Wikipedia....

I think ur right Melody that the term is a contradiction in terms, but it's one that gets bandied about quite a bit...I wondered if it referred as you say to CD/TV men who go with women (GG) or if it referred to CD/TV men who are attracted to other TV/CD men??

Cindy xxxx

I'm one :P LOL

Actually as my GF says..."you are such lezbo" Just before kissing me.

By the way. The seriousness in some of the responses to a post concerning a comedian, is stiffling.
    Last edited by Pythos; 10-07-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Guy: "Wanna go to bed and have sex with me?"
    Girl: "No!"
    Guy: "Why not?"
    Girl: "Because I am not into Men"
    Guy: "That's OK neither am I.... I am a lesbian trapped in a male body".

Because of this stupid joke, none of my partners ever took me seriously when I told
    them that I did feel like a lesbian trapped in a male body when I was intimate with them.

So not everyone sees the humorous side of this joke - I never did because I was laughed at when I
    was being deadly serious about this issue - now my ex-partners have no doubts at all I wasn't joking
    when I said that. So much for trying to be open & honest about something that really mattered to me.
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 10-07-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Aspiring Member
    It is a common meant to be a humerus term that has been around for years in this part of the country. The context usually surrounds pleasing a straight woman orally.

Kitty

Actually the term "Male Lesbian" is a shortened way of saying "Lesbian Identified Male" These are men who find the idea of penetrating a woman with their penis repulsive but will do so with dildos, fingers tongues etc. If you ask any lesbian they will tell you that thet find penis' repulsive and the only difference between them and L.I.M's is that L.I.M's do not identify as being female.

Melody, why does every post I see from you seem very negative and insulting? Would you call a man who identifies as a female and is therefore transsexual stupid? There is no fundamental difference between the two states of mind.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Eddie,along with being a Transvestite,is wickedly funny and witty,Pythos is spot on lighten up.I dont think he was being at all serious with the "Male Lesbian" comment,dont take it to heart Melody.
    IMO By having famous ppl like Eddie in our corner,can only be a good thing

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 10-07-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I think what he meant was that he is a CD that is attracted to women.

Talking Here's a new twist!

First, I agree with Melody. It's a fantasy that combines the sexual desire to be a woman with wanting to be with a woman. The term 'male lesbian' is not accurate, since 'lesbian' refers to a sexual attraction one woman has for another.

But second, I've come up with a new term we can all use to describe a male whose sexual fantasy is to be a woman WITH a woman: "dreemian". No one can ever argue about the term's ambiguity (like "male lesbian"), and following is the reason I propose "dreemian":

The term "lesbian" was constructed in the 20th Century to describe homosexual women. It is derived from an ancient Greek poetess, Sappho, who was born on the island of Lesbos in Greece and who wrote about her love of other women.

So, I propose using the term, "dreemian", after "Cecil Dreeme", a 19th century novel by Theodore Winthrop. The story's protagonist falls in love with a person he thought was a man (Cecil Dreeme), but who turns out to be a woman thought dead who is in hiding at the college they are attending. The novel's philosophical discussions center around the nature of male/female, manly/unmanly, womanly/unwomanly, and effeminate and langourous behavior.

http://www.nyu.edu/library/bobst/col...shsq/voices/cd.

I think the term "dreemian" is apt, since it can also be seen as an alternative spelling to "dream" which is another word for fantasy.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-07-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by gretchen2; 11-02-2011 at 09:44 AM.

You can call me anything you want! Even a dreemian! All I know is that I love the same things that lesbians love!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Eddie Izzard is a stand up comic/turned actor... he was big over here before he got to the States... his initial stance was "Action Transvestite"...ie doing it... he was always happy being a guy who liked to dress as female and who had mixed feelings about this... there is a lot of comic mileage in this juxtaposition and he cracked a rich seam... and has done well!

He is happily married (or was.. to a gorgeous woman!)... and is very hetersexual... and hence the term... male lesbian...

Simple as that... I am a male but want to present in female clothes and like female things... I also am sexually into women, not men... male lesbian!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody Moore View Post
    To be a lesbian you MUST be a female so it is stupid to
    have such a notion you are a lesbian male in your head.

So many male CDers have this fantasy that they are lesbian when dressed up with their female
    partners and wives when in reality the women are only appeasing your delicate male egos.

The bottom line is Lesbians don't want to be with men, they only want to be with other females!
    I'm thinking that is an argument that negates itself.

1. Many male CDers have this fantasy that they are lesbian when dressed up with their female partners and wives when in reality the women are only appeasing your delicate male egos.
    2. Lesbians don't want to be with men, they only want to be with other females.

OK. So, in the fantasy, these males are females who only want to be with women. In the fantasy, the man's junk does not disappear...at least it doesn't in my fantasies. Ergo: Male and Lesbian. QED.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I think Kaz has summed up my thoughts on this one perfectly. I've no doubt that in medical or in phycology terms it's factually wrong, but for the purpose of simple discussion I love the idea of a male who cross-dresses and prefers women sexually, as a male lesbian. As for Eddie he's a legend and hilariously funny and a male lesbian to boot.

what it means is Mr Izzard is a comedian who goes for the cheap laughs. Consider this Mr Izzard if YOU are a male lesbian then that things you so like to use when you have sex between your legs...it is OFF LIMITS. No touchy no inserty. You are a lesbian remember? You are not a straight guy who thinks just because he puts on a dress he magically transforms into a woman.

Stupid phrase. It puts the MORON in oxymoron
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

He did say that he's a "Male Lesbian" in an interview with Jon Stewart in the Daily Show back in 2002-2003. Also, he's a comedian so don't take everything he says too seriously.. it was a joke even though it's half true.

the happy camper
    I will never forget the time that a gg friend of mine kissed me on the mouth while I was dressed, and said, "I always knew you were a lesbian."

There you have it, folks. If she said it, it must be true.

So you are a male lesbian. Then the women who have sex with you are????? A)Lesbians? B)Bisexuals? C)Straight women who are having sex with a transgendered male who is straight. Take your time I know it's hard to figure out. Some one here once said that just because you put frosting on your head you are not a cupcake.

If you chose A). then get ready to be celibate for awhile cuz you got the wrong parts.

And you all wonder why women have so many issues with the TG community.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Eddie Izzard has done a lot for the community and is a positive influence,his comedy can be thoughtful and insicive cant accuse him of going for a cheap laugh,maybe it loses something in its journey across the atlantic.or maybe some on here have had a humour bypass

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Unfortunately, there is no pithy term for my sexuality like gay, lesbian, bi or straight. When I first heard the term “male lesbian” (from Rush Limbaugh, LOL!), I thought, “Yeah! It's kind of like that!” But, it would just as accurate to say that I'm a gay male “suffering,” to borrow a phrase from Dr. Blanchard, from “erotic target location error.” The erotic target location error in my case is that I'm a gay male bottom who is sexually attracted to females rather than other males. OK, that doesn't make any sense either. How about “lesbian identified autogynephilia” or gynephilicautogynephilia. LOL! Or, since “crossdreamer” is a nicer term for autogynephilia, one without the bogus etiology, I could say I'm a “lesbian crossdreamer.” That's close to Reine's "Dreemian." None of them really work but the fact remains that I can only satisfy a woman the way a lesbian might do it as I'm incapable of being aroused by the thought of taking the “male” role in the sexual act. For now, I'll stick with “sissy.”