Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With a heavy heart.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Unhappy With a heavy heart.

Later today I have to put my one kitty to sleep. Over the weekend she has been struggling to breath and I can not let her suffer any more. Bella is at least 14 years old. I am not sure thou because she was a rescue kitty. A friend of mine rescued her about eight years ago and she was old then. We have had her for about two years so we are guessing at her age. I will post her pic. later. If you could please offer a blessing for her to find her way back to Baste. If you do not know who Baste is she is the Egyptian cat Goddess who looks after kitties. Bella will join are other kitty Yoshi.

I will have a few words with Bast and also with Sekhmet as She is a personal deity of mine, to help your kitty find her way home safely.
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Bless her hope she arrives safely at her destination Blessed Be xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

I'm sure she'll find her way
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Gold Member
    Arron:
    I totality understand, and I send my best for your grieving hart.
    About 3 years ago, I had to put down my Bonnie because of Diabetes.
    Now her brother Clyde has it, but under control with insulin. The worse part of losing
    her, was that for several days Clyde, her brother and pal, cried a lot. He missed her
    as my wife and myself a lot. It is surprising how attached you can get in 10 years to
    a kitty/Cat.
    Rader

Mistunderstood, you are doing the right thing. Been there with a very special kitten of mine who had a growth on her front shoulder. She came out to show me she couldn't breath, she was asking for my help.

So sorry, will also offer my Kat power to send her on her way to chasing butterflys in fields of green!!
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

I went through this a few months ago. Very sad but the right thing to do. I'm very
    sorry for your loss.

Debby

Thank you everyone Bella lived a long life. I will miss her begging for my cheese cake. Later on we are going to the store and getting a cheese cake in her honour. People have a wake for humans and serve beer. We are doing same except with cheese cake. She was a rescue kitty and at least she had a warm home to die in. We are having her cremated and will place her with Yoshi.

As a life long adoptive parent of many kitties and doggies ( currently have 5 and 2 respectively), I have lost several and it is always a heartbreak to do so especially when they pass on while in your arms.

What you may find is that even though they may be physically gone, on a very quiet day, every so often you will imagine fur rubbing against your feet or a flash out of the corner of your eye.

The oddest thing that happens is sometimes when I feel my lost ones, the other kits and dogs are staring out into an open space and following things that don't seem to be there.

My heart breaks for you and all of us who go through our mutual losses..

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    so sorry,,,,,been there myself http://rainbowbridge.catsplay.com/
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In one year I have had to put down two of my cats and one of my dogs. I had them from the time I rescued them as kittens and a puppy, almost 14 years. it is so very hard. Peace.

Karen I do see and here Yoshi. At night I can hear him play on the stairs and when I turn on the bathroom light he disappears. i know like I sound like a kook but I like to think they are here with me.

I'm really sorry, man. I've been through that myself and I know how rough it is. I admire you for adopting a rescued cat, and I'm sure you gave Bella, and Yoshi, very happy lives.

I have a little Bast statue on my chest of drawers. And I know what you mean about seeing your cats around in the house.

Thinking of you & your cats. Big hugs.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. May you treasure her memory and keep her in your heart forever.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Aaron, I'm sorry for your loss.
    Reine

Hi,

Understand what thats like so ,at least has had a good life & home. & no dought brought a blessing to you.as well.

...noeleena...

In the last six months she was alive she bless her heart she got nervous and lick all her fur off and licked sores on her skin. Then the fleas were bad this year and we could not keep the fleas off of her. She looked really bad and yet she rallied and would try to show us she would not let things keep her down. She look ugly but her attitude would show through. She was my girlfriends baby and she is taking this hard.

So sorry to hear about your kitty, Aaron. You're doing the right thing. Trying to hang on to a pet too long always ends up badly. Better to let her go. I agree, they don't completely go. I have heard and felt pet spirits too.

I'm sorry! I know that she's playing in a very good place right now, with those sores and fleas never bothering her again... I also understand what you mean about still hearing them play, whenever I visit my parents I can't quite get myself to believe that our old cat isn't there anymore.

This is a pic of Bella. She has the look in her eye and the question from her is"Does this basket make my ass look big"?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aww, what a beautiful girl! She looks very wise
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

She was. I think Bella was a old soul. I think she will come back to someone else who will need her more than we did.

Aspiring Member
    My condolences Aaron. Prayers for dear dear Bella. You are right. We always come back.

Had one of my cats pass away recently as well. It was a long time coming though so we all took it well enough. Poor thing was allergic to fleas and to the flea medication, after several bouts of flea infestations over the years it was a shock he made it to 15 years old. I remember the first time we thought we were going to lose him to the fleas/medication back when I was in high school (he was barely 1 year old at the time) but he was a little fighter.

I am sorry for you and your SO's loss. Pets are family.

Thank you every one who posted. We adopted a new kitty from a local no kill cat shelter. Her name is Alice and she is just like Bella in her temperament. She is so sweet and she wants to be held all the time. Alice is my girlfriends cat. She will not sleep in my lap. She only wants my girlfriend.