Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A first - shopping with my daughter

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.

A first - shopping with my daughter

I have alluded to it in the past; My daughter knows and seems pretty happy that her dad is a little different. It started small - I would do her makeup and hair for a ballet recital (and watch the other moms mouths gape ), I taught her to walk in heels at age 9 by taking her to DSW where we found pairs that fit us both and had a ball, I would take her shopping and find the cutest stuff. You know, just girly stuff. Finally one day, I was wearing my guy's skinny jeans and a guy's sweater, heading off to work one day and she kinda squealed, hugged me, and said, "You look so cute and girly!" That was followed by some probing questions, some explanations, and reinforcement from her that she had no problems with it.

Fast-forward a year or so. We have had a few girly days at home, and I did take her dressed to DSW once, but today was our first girly shopping trip. I let her help pick out my outfit. She must have picked up a bit of my taste in clothing, because she chose one of my favorite tops, dark skinny jeans, and a black shrug. I added the pearls and some flats and the outfit was complete.

We slept in a bit as she had the day off from school. I did my makeup as she was getting dressed and having breakfast. I went with my usual understated (OK, call a spade a spade - boring) makeup, brushed out my wig, spritzed a bit of my current favorite perfume (Pure by DKNY) and we were off.

Our first stop was the new Ulta where many of my old friends (and some great new ones!) now work. I chatted with a woman that is so familiar to me that I just know that I have seen somewhere else. She had a huge smile, so I'm sure she knows exactly where she knows me from, she was just making me squirm. It'll come to me. Anyway, my friend came in and almost passed me by, asking if I needed help. I turned towards her and her eyes brightened. She said, "I wondered if that were you. There's not that many tall, skinny, gorgeous brunettes in Utah - especially with a butt that makes me wish I had skipped the last few breakfasts." I gave her a hug and introduced my daughter to her. We chatted for awhile about some pictures she had just taken. She said, "I just had some bourgeois pictures done." I asked her what she meant, and she said that she was wearing nothing but her last triathlon medal. I smiled inside, told myself not to correct her (it's boudoir pictures ), and asked her if she was nervous. She agreed that it was hard, but she wanted to do something nice for her husband.

She then took us over to introduce us to a charming red-haired British woman. And when I say red, I don't mean a color found in nature. I mean Coca-Cola red. On her, it looked incredible! My friend asked us what we were doing. I said, "Oh, you know; Scientists have said that it is important for fathers and daughters to have proper bonding times, and during those times to do the things that daughters enjoy. Well, she likes to get dressed up and go shopping. Who am I to argue with science?" They laughed, and we talked some more. The red-head asked me how I got my fantastic shape. Before I could answer with my usual self-deprecating comment, my friend broke in with, "You'd think he starved himself, but he has a freaky metabolism or something. Yeah. Eats anything and she doesn't gain a pound." Red said that that just wasn't right, and that her boyfriend was 6' 1" and was about as skinny as me. She said he sometimes stole her skinny jeans, but since her butt was so big, they were kinda baggy. She asked what kind of jeans I had since they fit me so well. I told her they were Silvers. We then talked about our favorite jeans, and where to get them, and more girl-chat for a bit since the store was very slow.

Seeing that my daughter was bored, the girls took her over and made her feel like she was center-stage, showing her some cute makeup, letting her try perfumes, etc. It was nice for her to feel special, and I thanked them for having fun with us. They said makeup was fun or they wouldn't be doing this. I agreed that makeup was indeed a blast, and I was sure that my daughter was going to have fun with it in the future. They both turned to her and said, "You are so lucky to have a dad that understands all of this stuff and has so much fun. That's rare." She shyly agreed.

They then asked us what we were shopping for. I told them of some cute tan cords I saw at WH|BM. Red said, "You are so cool! Do you and your wife share clothes? I told her that we could share tops - usually women's small or medium. "I'm sure" she said, "You're a tiny little thing!" but we were different sizes for pants and skirts. She asked, "What are you, like a 2?" My friend broke in, "Heck no! He's a 0 or a 00!" Red looked amazed. "Yeah. Annoying, isn't it?" my friend added. Red said, "You know, I don't usually hate people when I first meet them, but in your case, I'll make an exception." We laughed and I explained that no hips equalled a zero, and no butt equalled another zero, so the size made perfect sense.

Well, I had had a wonderful time introducing my daughter to friends, but it was time to get shopping. There was clothes to be tried on, and shoes to be worn. We left with a promise to return later to show them what we found. I'll go forward with that in my next post.

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 12-20-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Oh my gosh Kathi; what a fantastic day; congratulations!!! What a great, great day!

We went from Ulta to White House | Black Market. I walked in, hand-in-hand with my daughter, and the manager met me at the front of the store. "Well, who do we have here today?" I introduced her to my daughter, and said that I thought she should meet a future good customer at her store. She welcomed her and said, "You're tall, aren't you? You look like you'll be borrowing your daddy's stuff pretty soon, and trust me - he has some really cute stuff. Trust me, I know!" She then asked me what I was looking for. I told them of a plaid skirt in a khaki/black/red mix, but they were out. I also said I was looking for the tan cords. She smiled and said "We just got some more in today, also in plum and black." We found the pants, and she pulled a 00 and a 0 saying that these should fit nicely. We then went looking for more cute stuff. She showed me a gorgeous longer windowpane pencil skirt, and a new stretchy black pencil skirt. She said this new hemline in all the skirts came courtesy of Mad Men, and their influence on today's fashions. I said I didn't mind as the clothes were cute and classy, with just a hint of sexy, rather then more obvious attempts at sexy/trashy. As she is older than me (a rarity!), she agreed. We found a few more cute things - tops, pants, dresses, boots, etc. and she started a room - my usual, the big one in the corner. She brought a chair around for my daughter, and got her a bottle of water, saying with a smile, "This may take awhile. Your dad really, really likes to try on and wear pretty clothes. He always looks fantastic, and we love to watch, so have fun!" She then took me to the room and said, I have all the 00's on the left peg and all the 0's on the right.

I first tried on the 00 cords. Too small. I tried the 0's on, and they fit well, but they were kind of form-fitting. I walked outside, and asked my daughter what she thought. She smiled and said they were really cute. The manager and another woman came over to see how they worked. They said they were perfect. I said they were a little tight, and asked for a 2 - just to see. The manager gave me a knowing smile, and went to get them. The new lady, Jill, said that the cords did stretch a bit, and that these fit me wonderfully. I thanked her and went in to try on the 2's. As usual, they were right. The 2's were bunchy and just didn't feel right. You think I'd learn that these women do this every day, and not only know their clothes, but their customers as well.

I went back into the dressing room, and emerged wearing the windowpane skirt. It had hints of deep blue in it, with a high waist and cute buttons on the top. I tried it on with the knee-length boots that were supposed to be stretchy and calf-hugging. Well, maybe on a normal person. On my pencil-legs, there was about a one-inch gap between the boot and my calf. Well, I walked out onto the tile, and the women came on back. My daughter said she liked it, but I could tell that she may have liked it, but she didn't like it. I felt the same. The manager said she had already bought that skirt, and it had just come in today. She said it fit me beautifully, and knew of a few tops she had already sold me that would look great with it. I then went into try the next skirt. It was a gray flannel tweed, had ruffles on the back, and was actually pretty cute, but was similar to two I already had. The black one was next. My daughter really liked this one, and I did as well. It would look incredible with tights and cute boots. When I came out this time, my daughter wasn't there. I called out for her, and she clicked over in a pair of heels from the display table. She said, "Look, I'm tall!" and came over to the mirror and gave me a side hug. I loved looking in the mirror and seeing my beautiful daughter, thinking of the gorgeous woman she will become - one day much, much too soon.

I next tried on a color block dress in black, tan, and white. It did look cute on we all agreed, but I don't wear dresses that often. I handed it and a few other things to my daughter and said, "Put these on the 'No' rack." She looked confused, so I told her, It's the rack behind the shoes" and changed into a pair of stretch pants and a cute gray and white tunic. I've always loved the long over lean look as I am both lean (OK, emaciated), and long. I slipped back into the boots. I really wanted to like them more, but they were just kind of basic boots. Still, when I clicked out the door, everyone gave me an "oohhhh." My daughter said, "I would totally wear that!" The manager said that it was a perfect combo. A lady came over (trying the color block dress that I just had on) saying that I looked amazing, and that I reminded her of her sister, saying, "I got the brains, but she got the hot body." I told her the dress looked cute on her, but was a bit bunchy. She asked if she should really go a size smaller and I said definitely. The manager agreed, saying, "He's right, and he does know his stuff."

The manager asked me what I thought of the top. I kind of frowned. She said, "You don't love it. I can tell. What's wrong?" I said that I really loved the sleeves. They were a kind of a half-dolman - the sleeves were generously-cut near the shoulder, but tapered so that from the elbows down, they were snug. The problem? It had one of those bunchy cowl necks. I just can never get them looking the way I think they should look. She agreed that it was a challenge. I returned to the dressing room and took the stretch pants and top off and changed back into the cords and my top and shrug. I came outside and the lady was there at the mirror. The smaller dress looked fabulous on her, and I told her as much. She thanked me and we discussed shoes that she could wear with it, how she could dress it up or down, etc. - the manager looking on with a smile. She asked me if I was done trying on stuff so soon (it was only 45 minutes or so, so a bit under my normal time ). I told her that I was getting the cords right now, and in fact was going to wear them out of the store. On the way back to the dressing room to collect my stuff, I saw a cute little pair of booties on the display table. The manager saw them catch my eye and said, "I saw that look. I'll be right back!" She came back with them in a size 10. I sat down, and my daughter sat in my lap. I said, "Ummm, it's gonna be hard to try on shoes with you sitting here." She said, "Oh, I know you can do it." I told the twerp to move and sit next to me as the chair was empty. She sighed dramatically (I'm sure I'd better get used to that!) and moved over. I took off the knee-length boots and tried on the booties. Cute, but a little plain. Ah well.

We went to the register where the new lady said, "Oh, those pants look so cute on you. Great choice! I love when people wear things out of the store." I agreed that they were cute, and they were so comfy that they should hold up for some serious shopping. I paid for my pants, asking about Michelle - one of my all-time favorite SA's. She was at a wedding in Boston. I asked about her baby, as he would be about 9 months, and the manager agreed he was cute and growing fast. I then helped my daughter put away the shoe mess at the display table. Hey, as long as she was having fun. At least she had something to do. Last time I took Sue, all she had to do was walk around the store.

Well, it is approaching midnight here. Time for me to get some sleep. It was a long, fun day. More tomorrow!

Kathi

p.s. - forgot a picture. Here is a picture of my new pants. Sorry for the bad quality (and the bad subject), it was taken by my daughter with my cell phone.

Last edited by Kathi Lake; 10-11-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    What a neat story, I'm so glad you shared it with us. Your adventures are filled with fun and excitement and I always look forward to the next installment. Your daughter is something special to want to share this part of your life. Keep it up, Shaylee!
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

WOW!!! Another great and beautiful story by the beautiful Kathi Lake! Thank you for brightening my day! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Such a wonderful story.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

What a cool story! Glad you and your daughter had such a neat time.
    Dana Fleming

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Lovely x 3, you, your daughter and your story.
    I often wonder what my daughter and now mother of three teenage daughters, would think about me if she knew. It is probably for the best that she and her family emigrated before I became seriously involved in my own dressing.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Kathi,
    What a great memorable day you had. BTW, you look sooo happy in the picture.
    Rachael

Very cool, very Kathi!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    what a great way to spend the day with your daughter! She's going to grow up into such an open-minded and tolerant person, with incredible fashion sense!

What a sweet story Kathi!!!

You know I love reading about interactions such as this because it makes me dream. The "what-if" my little girls someday were to know this part of me. But going out takes things to another level which brings to mind one of my concerns (or perhaps better said, one of my personal "issues").

When going out, I can really give a hoot if I'm read as being TG. My only goal is that when others do so, they might say "well she's pulling it off pretty well". And when out with TG friends, the same thing. No pressure, just "being". But a strange thing happens when I'm out with a natal female, my buddy Diana for instance. I find myself feeling a little bit more pressure and when I'm read, I feel less of a woman for it. Seriously, it's like I'm somehow letting her down. I confessed this feeling to her one time and of course she replied that I'm being silly. But this is likely one reason that if my wife came to me tomorrow and said "let's go out together", I'd have some serious pause. I think it'd be very similar with my daughters. Clearly something I need to get over but like I said, tales like yours both inspire and make me think...even if it's a little too much.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

What a great adventure! I'm glad you and your daughter had a wonderful time and that you shared it with us!!

Sounds like you had a great day with her Amazing story, thank you for sharing!

Banned Read only
    Wow, I’m not sure how I should respond to this post, so I’ll just be honest, even though I know I’ll definitely take heat for my response. There’s a part of me that thinks - This is such a darling and cute experience to share with your daughter. And it’s so sweet and wonderful that she’s so accepting, and you can venture out together in public as Mother & Daughter.
    Then there’s the more logical common sense side of me that thinks - WTF are you thinking taking your daughter shopping while dressed and involving her in your CD-ing? This experience sounds very kinky and wrong on several different levels, and at the very least will leave a lasting psychological impact on your daughter. I guess that could be good or bad, depending on how you want to be viewed in your daughter’s eyes.
    At the end of the day, I think I’ll file this under - different strokes for different folks and leave it at that.

(just so there's no confusion)
    This is my intended use of the work "kinky"
    kinky - strikingly unconventional
    far-out, offbeat, quirky, way-out
    unconventional - not conventional or conformist
    Last edited by MissMarcie; 10-11-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMarcie View Post
    This experience sounds very kinky and wrong on several different levels....
    Perhaps a good question for Kathi to answer ruined by suggesting this is kinky in any way, shape or form. Maybe your take on the TG experience is a kink to you but it's actually kind of offending to project such kink onto others where you clearly don't know their POV.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Perhaps a good question for Kathi to answer ruined by suggesting this is kinky in any way, shape or form. Maybe your take on the TG experience is a kink to you but it's actually kind of offending to project such kink onto others where you clearly don't know their POV.
    By "kinky" I certainly don't mean to implicate anything sexual at all. So, no offense intended in that area. This is strictly "my" opinion and perhaps the opinion of what the non-cd-ing public might think. I don't ask for nor do I expect agreement with my opinion (as I've already said). I know the overwhelming majority here, will have the "you go, girl" opinion. But there are different viewpoints. enough said.

By "kinky" I certainly don't mean to implicate anything sexual at all. So, no offense intended in that area. This is strictly "my" opinion and perhaps the opinion of what the non-cd-ing public might think. I don't ask for nor do I expect agreement with my opinion (as I've already said). I know the overwhelming majority here, will have the "you go, girl" opinion. But there are different viewpoints. enough said.
    Like I said, I think you had a valid point hidden under the "kinky" remark. Although you might not have meant to implicate anything sexual, I take the word for what it means to me and offer this definition (source, dictionary.com)...

marked by unconventional sexual preferences or behavior, as fetishism, sadomasochism, or the like

...which is why I pointed it out.

I don't think the Muggles would necessarily read anything "kinky" into Kathi's presentation, whether with or without her daughter present, just as I don't think many of us in these pages would be perceived that way when out and about. If I'm wrong, call me naive. Now if Kathi was out there in her micro mini, fishnets and 7" platform heels, with her daughter in tow, then yeah, one could surmise something potentially inappropriatesville going on.

I guess I jumped on this because I can easily project this scenario onto my own situation where like Kathi's, my girls would relate to me as their parent and as a human being. This isn't about "you go girl". Rather, it's about relationships and honesty.

To me, the word 'kinky' has sexual connotations. My dressing, however certainly does not. Sure, it did in my teenage years. Now, however, the only feeling I get from dressing is one of relaxation, satisfaction, and normality. So, if you view dressing as impure and kinky, I could certainly see it your way. If I saw dressing that way, I never would have taken her out with me - much less even let her know of this life.

Kathi

p.s. I will get back to posting in a bit. I had a third section all ready to go. I was, of course, already logged out. I logged back in to post it, and I was met with a blank screen. Words gone. Sigh. It used to work.
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 10-11-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Like I said, I think you had a valid point hidden under the "kinky" remark. Although you might not have meant to implicate anything sexual, I take the word for what it means to me and offer this definition (source, dictionary.com)...

marked by unconventional sexual preferences or behavior, as fetishism, sadomasochism, or the like

...which is why I pointed it out.

I don't think the Muggles would necessarily read anything "kinky" into Kathi's presentation, whether with or without her daughter present, just as I don't think many of us in these pages would be perceived that way when out and about. If I'm wrong, call me naive. Now if Kathi was out there in her micro mini, fishnets and 7" platform heels, with her daughter in tow, then yeah, one could surmise something potentially inappropriatesville going on.

I guess I jumped on this because I can easily project this scenario onto my own situation where like Kathi's, my girls would relate to me as their parent and as a human being. This isn't about "you go girl". Rather, it's about relationships and honesty.
    Yours is one interpretation of the word, so is mine. I probably should have used the word "bizarre" or "weird".
    Whatever, the point is still valid.

I noticed that you have been lurking in this post, just waiting for a reply. Well, you can stop salivating for attention, because here it is:

Yours is one interpretation of the word, so is mine. I probably should have used the word "bizarre" or "weird".
    Whatever, the point is still valid.
    You said exactly what you meant. You knew the normal uses of the word 'kinky' and knew what effect it would have. You showed in a previous post, by listing alternatives, that you certainly knew other words that weren't nearly as hurtful or as attention-grabbing, yet you chose to use that word. Thanks very much for showing your true colors as the hurtful person that you are.

That you find what I did weird or bizarre I can handle (I mean, I find forced feminization pretty weird, bizarre, and kinky, but did I say it in your post? No. I didn't). I can understand and handle disagreements, but I do draw the line at name-calling. Please refrain from posting again in here (and in personal messages). Your opinion in this matter has been noted, and is not wanted.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 10-11-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I noticed that you have been lurking in this post, just waiting for a reply. Well, you can stop salivating for attention, because here it is:
    You said exactly what you meant. You knew the normal uses of the word 'kinky' and knew what affect it would have. You showed in a previous post, by listing alternatives, that you certainly knew other words that weren't nearly as hurtful or as attention-grabbing, yet you chose to use that word. Thanks very much for showing your true colors as the hurtful person that you are.
    I explained what I meant. If you choose not to accept my explanation, that's fine, I can handle that.
    Like I said, I knew I'd catch heat for my post.
    That you find what I did weird or bizarre I can handle (I mean, I find forced feminization pretty weird, bizarre, and kinky, but did I say it in your post? No. I didn't). I can understand and handle disagreements, but I do draw the line at name-calling. Please refrain from posting again in here (and in personal messages). Your opinion in this matter has been noted, and is not wanted.
    Thanks.
    There are many facets to crossdressing. We don't all have to approve of or accept them. But we are entitled to do whatever we wish, as long as it's not illegal.
    My own personal line is drawn at involving my children or any other children in any way, shape, or form in my activities. But, hey, that's just me.
    Again, my opinion is my opinion - nothing more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Please refrain from posting again in here (and in personal messages). Your opinion in this matter has been noted, and is not wanted.
    We may disagree, but my opinion is as valid as any other member of this forum. And, I fail to see a sign up sheet to be allowed to post in a specific threads.
    Last edited by MissMarcie; 10-11-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Gold Member
    I was going to hit the hay 15 minutes ago and then I saw a Kathi post!

I have to say, I am a little surprised and happy for you that you have reached the level of this interaction with your daughter (out and dressed). I knew about nails, hair, and make-up; but this is very nice. And still a part 3 to go! So is she going to learn the famous "Kathi spin" at the mirrors? She'll have a room setup in no time.

And there certainly is nothing wrong with having loads of time to walk around a WH/BM.

Great story and Your picture is great. Wish I could look that good.

Okay! We now return you to the regularly-scheduled programming:

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    So is she going to learn the famous "Kathi spin" at the mirrors?
    She sure saw me at the mirrors enough. Do I really spin?

She did love the mirrors there (who wouldn't?), and wanted the tall one in her room. I told her that that mirror was about five feet too tall for her room, but we would work on maybe a mirror for her closet door or something.

Earlier, I had an entire post ready to go. I had copied it all near the end, just in case. I hit Reply, and was confronted with a blank screen. For some reason, after I logged in and hit paste, instead of the metric oodles of narcissism and self-importance that the post was, it ended up being all of the "browse crossdressers by state" text at the bottom of the window. As a result, this post will be shorter than the one it replaced. You're welcome.

So, we left White House | Black Market with a bag containing the jeans I had worn in. The cords felt so buttery-smooth and comfy that they might just be my new favorite pants. We drove on down to DSW to have some fun there. My daughter loves to try on shoes! (like father, like daughter. Right? ). We walked in and the place was packed as it was lunchtime, and it seemed that every well-dressed office worker in the area decided to score some heels rather then food that day. My daughter and I went immediately back to the sale area. I decided to let her 'play' first, so we went to the size 5 area. It was mostly-deserted. I say mostly because size 5 is as small as they go in women's sizes. Right next to that, of course, is the men's section. There were two twentysomething men browsing for Chucks, it seemed. They excused themselves and let us pass. My daughter immediately found a pair of sparkly flats that she couldn't live without. They were cute, and only $9.00, so I quickly gave in. She then found one of the most hideous pair of shoes that I have seen - kind of a "Mary Ann meets Ginger" kind of shoe. It was a cork open-toed high wedge with fabric that could only be described as an ugly gingham plaid. Ick! I think she liked it only for the shock value.

After playing a bit more, and finding nothing else, we went to the size 10 area. There were two tall women there perusing the racks. They smiled at me and let us pass. I didn't find much there as things had been pretty much picked over. I was looking at a pair of flats when my daughter laughed and said, "Dad! You have to try these on!" At that, one of the women looked at me a bit closer, rolled her eyes, and went back to browsing. The other woman asked me if we were having some father/daughter time. I agreed, and she said, "I wish my husband would have fun and spend time with our daughter. I think you're precious!" I thanked her, but thought, "Did she really call me 'precious?! Anyway, I looked at the shoes my daughter was holding up. They were a beige patent pump that was literally about a seven-inch heel with a one-inch platform. What could I do? I tried them on. It was hilarious. I could actually see over the rack to the aisle next door. The lady who called me precious said, "Wow, you were tall already. With those shoes, you could date a basketball player!"

I put my flats back on, and we went toward the boots. The trend this year seems to be moving towards flatter riding-style boots. Cute, but not quite what I was looking for. I found a pair of Ralph Lauren knee-length boots that had about a 2.5 inch heel and two small buckles near the top. I tried them on and walked over to the full-length mirror, handing my purse off to my daughter. Not! Bad! I kinda liked them, but like the boots at WH|BM, instead of hugging my calves, there was about a 1-2 inch gap near the top. What's a freakishly-skinny girl have to do to find boots that fit around here?

As I was walking to the mirror, I had to wait for a lady wearing and looking at two different boots in the mirror. She saw me, smiled, and told me to go ahead as it was going to take her forever to decide. Midway through, I saw her eyes get a little bigger. As I stepped to the mirror, I saw her behind me looking me up and down. She then walked away shaking her head - but not in a bad way. It seemed more of a "Dang!" kind of way - at least, that's how I saw it. The boots were cute, and I tried them with my pants tucked and out. Out, they looked OK, but tucked they were a bit plain. I went back and told my daughter to look for some boots with a little detailing around the ankle. She called me over to a few different ones. One was near two women and a teenager. I overheard them trying to talk the teen into a certain (less sexy) pair. I told the girl that the lower one was totally cute and more versatile than the sexier one. It was funny, coming from me (and not her mom and friend) it seemed she listened to me more (sigh. Teenagers. What are you gonna do?) I caught the mother's eye after the teen turned away from me, and she mouthed a silent "Thank you!" I winked and went back to looking for that perfect pair of boots.

Sadly, none were to be found - at least not this day. Pity, but it was just as well as the siren song of the nearby Chick-fil-A was working its magic on my daughter. So we left the wonderful acre of pretty shoes and made our way to the car, hand in hand. We even skipped a little. Isn't it amazing what happiness shoes can provide?

My next post should wrap this puppy up, and I'll try to get that in tomorrow. Nite!

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 10-12-2011 at 01:04 PM.