Thread: The Joys or Retirement

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar

The Joys or Retirement

I have been retired for a quite a few years now. My also retired friends and I enjoy meeting for lunch and counting all the good things there are about retirement.

On several occastions I have been tempted to blurt out "I like dressing up like a girl all day." I wonder how that would go over.

Sasha Anne

Platinum Member
    yeah, blurting stuff out generally doesn't work so well. I'd suggest being a bit more selective about who I told and before that, try to get a clear understanding of why you might want to share this information with someone. For example, do you want to go out in public dressed?

Well the only way to find out how that would go over is to try it! But remember you only get one try! and it could be worse then having a ton of bricks thrown in your face! But who knows!! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Gold Member
    Hay!! Maybe with Halloween coming soon, ask if the group would like to come in a costume
    one day, and choose what costume before hand. Just a thought.
    Rader

Darn funny. Spit all over my keyboard again. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Anne Meadows View Post
    I have been retired for a quite a few years now. My also retired friends and I enjoy meeting for lunch and counting all the good things there are about retirement.

On several occastions I have been tempted to blurt out "I like dressing up like a girl all day." I wonder how that would go over.

Sasha Anne

Platinum Member
    On second thought, I see you're from Menomonie, WI. Your friends will probably say, "Oh, so you like to dress like a girl, then?.....How bout them Packers?!"

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Sasha, I think Kim's second response says it all! How about them Packers!! I think you might lose some good friends if you did some blurting!! Of course, maybe some of them are CD's also!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    I bet if their wives are not retired some of them may invite you over to their homes and apartments donned in a maid's outfit to clean their homes. One of the best parts of being retired is to don the 1950's look of full skirts, heels and aprons to do the housework while the wife is out at her job.

Sasha Anne
    Aww somehow I don't think your retired male buddies would understand... but hey like Dylan sings "the times they are achangin".

Thanks for your advice, girls. I can tell you that I am not going to talk about the Packers. I hate sports. Not all people here are gaga over the Packers LOL.

This is National Coming Out Week but my advice would be to be selective and maybe very gradual about it. I want to blurt it out too but my experience in telling people is mostly that they want to avoid this topic and are not disposed to be outwardly supportive

Lynn

Also being retired for several years I can relate. However, I think I'll keep my secret just that.

Well, it might sound more acceptable if you are not eating a Wisconsin Bratwurst when you say it...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Sasha, Another retired Wisconsin girl here and like you I also enjoy dressing all day long. As far as blurting out to a group of fellow retirees how much I love to dress, I think it's wise to keep it under wraps (drab) and just underdress when I comingle with my compadres.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Well I'm on my second year of involuntary retirement and still hunting to get back into the workforce. That limits me on my "changes" a little. Can't let the nails grow too long, haven't pierced the ears, and the hair is growing out just a little, but not soo much to detract from an interview....

I agree with some of the other girls hear, and I'd hold off on the blurting. I'd say as I observe a GG, nice she's wearing a nice cap sleeve top with those sling backs and see who picks up on it...

How 'bout them Lions..... we'll see GB on turkey day.....

Renne......

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Thanks for your advice, girls. I can tell you that I am not going to talk about the Packers. I hate sports. Not all people here are gaga over the Packers LOL.
    Maybe not - just about 99% of them! Outside of cheese, that's what Wisconsin is best know for.....

Aspiring Member
    Sasha Anne, are you out and about dressed outside of your home with only the exception the meeting with your retired male friends?

Kitty

Retired here also, out and about daily, and don't give a rats ass who see me. If they think they can walk in 4" heels better than me, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Hay!! Maybe with Halloween coming soon, ask if the group would like to come in a costume
    one day, and choose what costume before hand. Just a thought.
    Rader
    Now that's a plan.

BTW: Why would someone retire and continue to live in the frozen north?

When I retired, I sold my snow blower to my neighbor and headed south.
    Last edited by linda allen; 10-14-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Sasha Anne
    Been retired (unvoluntary) since 1999 and I've thought about what friends might think and I think some of my friends might get a good laugh out of it and I also think some of them might not want to be friends with a crossdresser. Everyone who meets me knows right away that I'm open minded and state my opinion about different things and don't care if I'm P.C. or not. Besides a few neighbors that have seen me,salesgirls (your not fooling them when you shop in the womens department) and my wife , no one else knows. My mom has some pics. of me when I was 14 staying with my grandmother and she let me wear her nightgowns. Those pics. were shown to everyone in my family and then some. But I didn't care then and I don't care now.
    I know what you mean about the blurting out. Ive thought about doing the same thing and see how they take it. I have one friend that watched an HBO special about crossdressers ( this was about 12-13 yrs. ago) and I know it struck a nerve. He might be a closeted crossdresser. He mentioned it to me more than once to get my reaction to the idea and I said if thats what you want to do 'go for it'. Never letting him know thats what I have been doing.
    Good luck on whatever you do.
    MS

BTW: Why would someone retire and continue to live in the frozen north?

When I retired, I sold my snow blower to my neighbor and headed south.[/QUOTE]

See my avatar, but alas, I also am addicted to snowmobiling. What gets to me the worst is pulling into a restaurant on our sleds and having to get that darn helmet off without my hair coming off with it. lol, quite a challenge but getting better at it with practice.

Every winter we ask ourselves why we are here. And we never seem to have an answer except that everyone has to be someplace. I just wonder if we had moved could I have lived full time.
    Last edited by Sasha Anne Meadows; 10-17-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Probably not. We spend up to six months elsewhere usually and I still do not live full time in either location, and I'm out. The bottom line is I suppose, unless we intend on transitioning completely, then we will never live full time anywhere.

Every winter we ask ourselves why we are here. And we never seem to have an answer except that everyone has to be someplace. I just wonder if we had moved could I have lived full time.