Thread: The Masks We Wear

The Masks We Wear

When my eyes saw this image of a lady hold a mask, my mind saw the image below

mask.jpg
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Cindy wears a mask every day and only gets to take it off once in a while. I wish I didn't have to wear it.

Why am I thinking Marie Antoinette?
    Reine

Hi,

Yes i wonder why,, he he ,

...noeleena...

Title Change?

May Be...? I should change the title to " Don't Loose Your Head Over Crossdressing " ?

mask2.jpg

The bad news is, that is real blood, I had a slight accident...
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reminds of a scene in "Silence of the Lambs" when agent Clarice finds Dr. Lecter's Patients who wanted to be a woman with his head cut off in storage in a back seat of a Rolls Royce. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie1973 View Post
    Reminds of a scene in "Silence of the Lambs" when agent Clarice finds Dr. Lecter's Patients who wanted to be a woman with his head cut off in storage in a back seat of a Rolls Royce. Check it out.
    You speaking of " Miss Hester Mofet ", which is an anagram for " Miss tHe rest of Me "

Yeah, that's the scene. lol

great image - I may need to borrow it someday (soon)...

well at least the concept I mean.

[SIZE="4"]This brings to mind a couple of things my Mom always said........

"You would loose your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders"....

"I'll hand you your head if you don't stop doing that!!!"
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie1973 View Post
    I don't remember that scene. Was it in the movie or a book. Oh, and the last time I saw the movie was when it came out in the theatre.

Silver Member
    I know people are joking, but that image (the first!) hits home pretty hard to me. I've tried to describe the mask many times to my wife.

Lea

^ Intertwined, after reading Lea's post I realize I owe you an apology. I'm sorry. I looked at the image and I didn't stop to think about the significance of your words.

It can't be easy to be TG in a non-accepting world.

Edit - I forgot to mention ... great photoshop skills!
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-17-2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Reine

When i read your title, The Masks We Wear all i remembered was the book in the movie "Mask" (written by fictional author Dr Neuman). That was an awesome movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Paine View Post
    I know people are joking, but that image (the first!) hits home pretty hard to me. I've tried to describe the mask many times to my wife.

Lea
    I know exactly what you mean, thats why doing that image came to mind, and why I wanted to post it.

At work once, one of my co-workers said to me "Look at you, your not dressed up today, no women's clothing, no purse, no jewelry. Just being yourself today?"

My responce " ah, you have got it backwards, this IS my MASK, the real me is when you see me with my purse, or skirt or what ever I have that adds a touch of femininity"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't need no more stinkin' masks!

But, I WOULD like to get a-HEAD!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When i think of a mask i think of that Twilight Zone show in which the old man has his heirs wear a mask until midnight. When they take it off ,,,,,, YIKES.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)