Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: names

names

hi everyone i'm having trouble coming up with a female name for myself any advice you might have how to choose one would be a great help.

xx

I am kind of partial to "Birgitte"
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

You will know when you hear/think of it............Debra

You can name yourself after a woman who has inspired you in your life, made a difference or a good impact. You can look at female celebrities who you adore. Maybe look through a book with names in them, like parents do for their children when they are choosing a name for them. Type in names for your ethnic background and see what is on the list.

You can also just browse through magazines, books, and the newspaper and see if anything calls to you. Plus, you can look at people in around and see what their names are; maybe it will be one you like.

Try not to over think it, just forget about it for awhile. It is like when you misplace your keys and frantically search for them to no avail. Yet, when you’re not looking frantically anymore is when you find them. Just relax, picture your feminine self, think about your like and dislikes, your style of dress and just see what name pops into your thoughts.

Another suggestion: Find a feminine variation of your name. My real name is John. So I picked out Johanna.

Johanna (John)
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I agree with Debra. Don't force it. The right one will come to you, and you'll know it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    You will know when you hear/think of it............Debra
    Deb is right. You will just know.

Are there any names you just like, or think is "pretty?"

Funny thing is, I chose my name based on a piece of spammail I got once.

Liz

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    No I have two I like and have always known!

Hugs
    Trisha

I agree with Debra, reflections-of, and Nicole – don’t force it, don’t over think it, you are under no deadlines to come up with a name. I think you’ll know when you find the right name – ooh I like the sound of that name and it fits me. As I suggested in replying to your introductory post, why don’t you ask your Wife for some input? Your Wife may have some ideas for the name of the girl within you.
    Babs

Well my input is that I've used a name that was short for Evelyn, which is Eve, and that is close to my birth given name. Although pronounced differently. I've been called another name, and my spouse likes it better and that is Eva, but she has an Aunt with that name, so I have kinda' steered away from it. But like Deb said, when it comes to you, you will know. But you ask for some advice, and not trying to steer you toward anything, that is how I came up with my name. Now other than here, I've never been called it. I can't even get my wife to call me that when I'm all dolled up. Someday maybe. We'll see what happens.

Toodles,
    Eve
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

There are all sorts of made up names these days. Made up names can be fun. I read about a girl who's mother was taking her daughter's school to task because the teachers were pronouncing her daughters name wrong. The girl's name was La-ah. The teachers were calling the girl Leigha or Laya. The mother went to the school and explained that her daughters name was "La dash a", 'cause the hyphen don't be silent".

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    Think about your hero or role-model.
    I took my name from Marco Polo's who was my history hero in highschool times.
    It could also be Elisa, my grandma role-model.

thank you for all the good idea's i'm sure i will be able to come up with something

xx

I always like Abigail Normal!! Abby Normal for sort! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Karren,

Are you aware that AbbyNormal is the female protagonist in a Christopher Moore novel?

-jj

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    Hi Karren,

Are you aware that AbbyNormal is the female protagonist in a Christopher Moore novel?

-jj
    No... I don't even know who Chrisstopher Moore is? Obviously not in the sunday comics or any engineering publications I read.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Shybi! When you come up with the right one you will know it! Rather it be Shelby or whatever! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    I thought Abby Normal was the source of the Monster's (peter boyle's) brain in Young Frankenstein.

How about shybi = Sybil......multiple personalities...might fit?

Aspiring Member
    Try to pick names that match your initials. For example, if your male name was James Lawrence Smith then you could pick Jessica Lynn Smith. Then you could start going by your initials on your important papers and bank accounts. If your checkbook was printed J.L.Smith then you could use it enfem to go shopping. So, Jessica Lynn Smith would sign her checks J.L. Smith. Now go out and buy some dresses. Leanne

Aspiring Member
    Leanne, that is exactly what did. Use my initials on my checks and use a fem name with the same initials - D E. the problem is the SO doesn't like the name I chose. So I am working on finding a new one that she agrees on that suits me.
    Diane Elizabeth

I recently discovered something cool that might help you with this. Google search "most popular baby names of (whatever year)" and there's a website you'll find that lists the 100 most popular names of every year going back for a LONG time. In my case, it was 1964. The boy names are on the left, the girl names are on the right. My real name was the 66th most popular boy name in '64, so, flipside of that would've been "Valerie" as that was the 66th most popular girl name in 1964. If I hadn't already long set my girly name as Randi, I'd probably have done it this way as it just seems like a fun way to pick a name.

Good luck, and it's a fun website!

My name chose me. I did not choose it.
    It’s the only part of my crossdressing that feels a bit creepy.
    Like I was possessed or something.
    I am scaring myself now so I will stop.

SUZY

Hi; I picked Paula as my guy name is Paul....and who can forget the singing duo of Paul and Paula?
    Paula.
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

Just let your brain spit one out and think about it later. That's what I did and no regrets.