Thread: Going overboard?

Going overboard?

Hi, I have not posted on here in awhile but been thinking about this lately.
    I started going out dressed about 5 or 6 years ago and lately I have been going out alot,almost anywhere and everywhere shopping, I am very at ease about going out and do not lack any confidence.Just wondering if I am going too quick with this and am I looking for trouble? I love being out and about and have not had any problems when I am out so far, Also use the womens dressing rooms at stores most of the time. It may be silly but I was just wondering and looking for any insight others could give me.
    Thx, Jenn

Jenn,

As long as you are comfortable, then it is right for you to do. As far as what facilities you are using, there have been hundreds of long and short threads on this subject and, again, if you are comfortable, use whatever you want. Most stores these days are at least CD/TG accepting if not welcoming.

Personally, I go through periods where I am out and about nearly daily and just love it. The major reason I don't do it all of the time is that my schedule gets too crazy and I end up working until 7 or 8 PM. Right now I am looking forward to a 4 day weekend as Leann that I should have two weeks from now.

Enjoy,
    Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

As long as you are confortable, enjoy yourself. As I dress in fem clothes 24/7 and I know I am "read" most of the time, I let the SA's dictate when and where I use the changing boths. With this attitude I get numeroud requests to return, weather I'm just brousing or looking for a new outfit. I have a few special SA's that I always gravitate to when shopping and this helps also.
    Alice

As long as your not neglecting things in your life that are more important.... Go as fast as you can...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

How can expressing yourself and having fun be going overboard unless you are hurting others???
    It can't!!

I would say be careful around bathrooms and dressing rooms.. there are samesex or handicap bathrooms in most places

Nope, not at all . Actually, I prefer to shop en femme without my s/o as it allows me to concentrate on what I want to buy and at what stores, and when. I always feel rushed when we shop together. It also allows me to buy her something nice and surprise her when I get home which she always appreciates even if she returns it for whatever reason. Having her with me though is often good as she will comment on something that might look inappropriate on me for instance. Overall though, I prefer to shop alone.

Thx for the reply's, I know I have beed read a few times but realy dont care, I feel very comfortable in what I am doing, just the dressing room & bathroom thing might be a little to far, even though I have not had any problems, knock on wood...
    Jenn

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Jennifer, if you are comfortable that is what counts. If you do get read, so what? You dress to please yourself, not the general public!! As far as the dressing rooms and bathrooms are concerned, you should use the ones that fit the image you are protraying. If you are dressed enfemme and look enfemme, then definitely use the womens!! Just remember to sit, not stand, in the bathroom!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Oh steph, I always sit when using the ladies room, most of the time when I shop I go alone.

If it feels good DO IT!! Keep your head up and be proud of who you are! Never put off 'til tomorow what you can wear today! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're KIDDING, Jenn, rite? Asking US for advice?

I think u should be OFFERING it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

SOOOOOO????? whats the problem then?

Silver Member
    Great advice from previous posts! Keep going with being comfortable and confident, but always be cautious. IMO, most people don't care what you are wearing, as long as it doesn't reveal too much! Best to please yourself,'cause you can't please everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer24 View Post
    Hi, I have not posted on here in awhile but been thinking about this lately.
    I started going out dressed about 5 or 6 years ago and lately I have been going out alot,almost anywhere and everywhere shopping, I am very at ease about going out and do not lack any confidence.Just wondering if I am going too quick with this and am I looking for trouble? I love being out and about and have not had any problems when I am out so far, Also use the womens dressing rooms at stores most of the time. It may be silly but I was just wondering and looking for any insight others could give me.
    Thx, Jenn
    Jenn,
    I think you should see a therapist about this overboard thing.....and not to make you go overboard but when you see the therapist you should dress as Jenn!
    Hugs,
    Kristina

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    You're KIDDING, Jenn, rite? Asking US for advice?

I think u should be OFFERING it!
    Doc, I'm willing to give advice to anyone who wants it, most of all its about confidence

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    Jenn,
    I think you should see a therapist about this overboard thing.....and not to make you go overboard but when you see the therapist you should dress as Jenn!
    Hugs,
    Kristina
    Kristina, as you know I already have, and she says go for it, u know also I see her as jenn most times anyway..
    Keep your head up and keep reaching for the stars, its all about confidence girl, you know that.
    See ya soon hun, Huggs, Jenn

I don't think you are being "silly" about it Hon. You are just enjoying being yourself doing what you like to do, right?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Ya I'm with April on this one for sure.

Gold Member
    Of course I am going to agree with everyone here. But I would like to add a point. If you are introducing new things in your life and you question them, that is good as you are keeping your head out of the clouds. As long as you don't overthink it all so it doesn't become a stress point.

And I wouldn't worry about being read. It is part of the action. I have been read so much that I feel like a Time magazine at the doctor's office.

If you are comfortable and confident then I say go for it. I would like to someday be able to go out and about as often as you do.

AnitaH

"If it ain't broke, don't need to fix it."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds pretty much like me. I first went out about 7 years ago and attended a Tri-Es meeting. There I met another girl who is now a close friend. Since then she and I and my wife have gone shopping and dining most every where and now I don't look back. My wife and I go out all the time together also and never give it a second thought any more. I'm always ready to head out the door and actually had a wish come true last week. We were on vacation all week on a "girls only" vacation. We travelled all over New England and had a lot of fun.
    Of course I'd love to do it again and look forward to every opportunity I have to go out.
    Seems so natural now. Wish I had done it so many years ago.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I agree - so long as you aren't neglecting other responsibilities or relationships, go as fast as you want. There isn't a formal schedule. Its your life - live and enjoy!