Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who reads fashion magazines?

Who reads fashion magazines?

I find reading fashion magazines (Vogue, Cosmo, Lucky, Marie Claire) with my wife gives me a much better insight into what is fashionable. Some of the fashion advice I see in some posts often looks like it comes from a male fantasy of what looks good rather than what a real woman would wear. So how many of us read fashion magazines on a monthly basis?

For me, my first "erotic literature" was the sears catalog. I loved fashion magazines and eventually became a regular Cosmo reader. I love reading all sorts of fashion magazines, but I must admit that I find it frustrating that I can't wear some of the fashions I like the most. If I could, I'd wear those every day. But to wear any of my favorite looks today, I'd have to lose another 80 lbs.

Sometimes it gets very frustrating, even depressing.

In Style is currently a kind of bible for me. Especially like the articles where they show a few different pieces of clothing and the a month's worth of outfits made up by different combinations of those pieces.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I can't remember the last time I actually read a fashion magazine!! I get my ideas for what to wear by watching GG's out in public!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Nothing else to read at the salon!

While they are fun to read, their "advice" is either too hip or too advanced for me to apply. I get my advice from my wife and from looking at the GGs around me.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    I read what my wife reads- Ladies Home Journal, Red Book, Better Homes & Garden. In Ladies Home Journal I'm waiting for "Can This Marriage Be Saved?" with a cross dressing problem between husband and wife?

Yep im a sucker,I read plenty of fashion mags,wife hates them,but my daughter loves them,my wife's not into fashion.I like to keep on top of the latest fashions,trouble is once you get stuck in that rut its hard getting out.

Bluegrass Diva Savannah Daniels's Avatar
    I read In Style and Vogue. They're fabulous!

They're a great read, but I still get my fashion "do's and don'ts " from observing GG's in the real world.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I read In Style,Vogue and Lucky.They give some great ideas about fashion.

Love to read style and Elle, on line. But my style is found shopping, and what catches my eye.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

This is great. Do you realize how much these magazines would pay for this kind of advertizing ?? hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia B View Post
    I find reading fashion magazines (Vogue, Cosmo, Lucky, Marie Claire) with my wife gives me a much better insight into what is fashionable. Some of the fashion advice I see in some posts often looks like it comes from a male fantasy of what looks good rather than what a real woman would wear. So how many of us read fashion magazines on a monthly basis?

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    I do read fashion magazines very often. First at home cause my daughters are fond of and also on monthly basis when I go to the parlor to have my hair done. Marie Claire and Vogue, love them and get a lot of insight from them.

I'll read them sometimes but like sissystephanie, I get my information from watching GG's and asking questions of the GG's here.
    Hugs and Kisses,

Vanessa Jane

I like Vogue.
    i buy it mostly every month

Me, me, me I love reading the fashion mags and watching fashion shows. Just drool at how the material hangs and the designs provoke creativity in me to mix and match.

Honestly I prefer them, especially when I was taking my wife to the Doctor and that was almost all there was to read. Seems sometimes more intellectual, and brings out points I've never read elsewhere, and besides when I was growing up, my mother purchased mags, and Dad didn't, so that was just about all there was during stool time, other than Reader's Digest, and those were all read as well.

Toodles,
    Eve
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Subscribe to Cosmo, Allure, and Glamour. I could say I really love checking out the latest hairstyles, stylish fashion trends, and newest makeup tips...

But, really, I only read the articles...

I'm like a sponge, read the tons of women's mags around our house and observe gg's and my wife and daughters. It's all good!

People Stylewatch is always a great read.

my mother recieves cosmo so i read it when no ones here

Elle, Vogue, and Town & Country, and also am on about a dozen fashion shop newsletter email lists, e.g. Chadwick's, Urban Outfitters.

My preferred ones are In Style and Lucky. I like their sections on what combinations work and how to mix and match what you have. I read them at the nail salon, barber's, and my daughter's house.

I read them all the time, and pick them up in the store. I used to flinch and feel odd buying them. Now, I just put them along side whatever else I'm buying at the store. If my wife's friends were ever around they'd assume that I'm buying them for my wife, "yeah, that's the ticket.......they're for my wife" <smile>. I like More, Women's Health, Vogue, and Lucky to name only a few.

Although, I must admit that I like scanning the fashion blogs as well (maybe more than magazines since some get updated daily). Some of the bloggers really have a great sense of style (just wish I could look as great as they look).

I've been reading "girly magazines" since I was probably around 11 or 12. Love the fashion, the advice columns, and most importantly... LOVE the hot ladies!!
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)