Thread: Nine West

Silver Member

Nine West

Usually when I buy shoes, I feel more comfortable holding a note with a style and size on it. Sounds stupid, but makes me think that anyone else in the store will think that I am buying high heels for my wife if I have a note.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 12-31-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Hey Heather,

That is terrific! You know that it sounds like you made a connection with that SA. She "gets" it. I think you can go in there anytime, without the "note" and she will gladly take care of you! It also shows that you have nothing to worry about. You could go in there, try shoes on, and lightning won't strike! Very cool!

Debby
    Last edited by Debglam; 10-27-2011 at 08:43 AM.

A new song came to my mind as soon as I finnish reading your great story! Called ''CRAZY GIRL!''ha,ha! I am sure she figured you out very quicky! I'm still laughing! Not at you but at the cute way you 'tried' to cover up! Getting great comments from other customers is proof you don't need a note! But it turn out great so have fun! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    I did that when I bought my first shaper. It was a Vanity Fair shaper slip in white. I tore out the ad from the newspaper and scrawled the size my "wife" wanted me to pick up. I didn't fool the older salesclerk. She said with a smirk "You got the right size and everything!" I was young. I love it so much that I went back and got the same in black. I still have both of them. They are now classified as "vintage" to go along with the buyer. I thought it would have been unusual for a guy to be buying a woman a shaper.

I started out, "back then", shopping for shoes for Halloween. It took a long time, and you will find that "it" time in your life, but when "it" happened, I no longer cared about the freaking out thing. For example, tonight on the way home from work, a particularly beyond stressful day that I thought would result in a MI... I took a detour to a mall, stopped at Rack Room Shoes, and in about 20 minutes found this pair of amazing shoes. The sale going on is Buy One get Half Off the second pair. I asked the sales person, MALE!!!!, to find a particular shoe in the back room in 11w... he came back and said "not in stock" but offered to order it for me.

All I can offer you for support is this... there will come a day when you find your comfort level. Hopefully it happens soon.

“They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

WOW! What a fun and exciting experience. I'm certain you're anxious to stop back again soon. Keep us posted. Shoe shopping is hard to beat.
    Deb

All you had to say was "the shoes are for me. I am transgendered" and she would have smiled and been just as helpful, and you would have felt like a thousand pounds had been lifted off your shoulders

Hi Heather,

Great Story! I think as you get more confident, you'll find that people are alot more open minded and maybe care less than you think about the man in the womans section.

Just this week I was shopping en drab at an upscale thrift/consignment shop out on the mainline (wealthier Philly suburb) where I had a nice conversation with an older woman volunteer whilst looking at the womans suits and then had nice friendly interactions with two female customers discussing handbags and jewelry. One woman even held up a bag and asked my opinion!

Enjoy!

SS

Heather,
    Love the story. Most of us have been through something similar. The SA's can usually tell the items are for us. I remember purchasing some hose at Nordstroms. I hadn't said anything about "who" they were for. I just walked up to the counter to pay, and she asked me if I found what I needed; size, etc. I said yes, she looked at the size, and said "looks like you found the right size" with a smile. I smiled back, and left the store feeling great.

Sounds like you have your own personal shoe saleslady, Heather...This girl has the uncanny ability to walk that fine line between obtrusive and inquisitive, with the ability to avoid offense and even promote sales...She's good..And good for you...Go get 'em..(I had a similar experience at a local Payless) smooches Jackie
    Jackie

You have nothing to really be nervous about. I have yet to find a store that did not want or need my money. Yesterday I went into a used ladies clothing boutique (after searching my local Salation Army) looking for a pair of nice pinstriped wide legged pants for my halloween outfit. Told the woman what I was looking for, the approximate size (woman's sizing, that may have been a tip off, that I knew my size). She promptly picked out three pairs for me to try on, no hesitation or anything. First pair was the right color and fit perfect. Treated just like any other customer.
    Only problem I'm friends with her competion and I feel guilty shopping elsewhere, although I did show them to her after I bought them.

Sounds like a wonderful shopping experience, Heather - good for you for trying on your "wife's friend's" shoes and interacting with other customers.

Next time (there IS going to be one, right?!) try doing it without the note. Tell the SA the shoes are for you but don't go so far as to say you are transgendered - that's inconsequential to a sales transaction. And enjoy!

Arrow Re: Nine West

heatherdress,

Good to hear you had a great experience at Nine West shoes.

Stopped at the Nine West shoe store in The Mall Of America about six weeks ago. They did not have any shoes in my size, 9 Wide. Also looked at Designer Shoe Warehouse at MOA, three styles in my size that would not wear to a dog fight! Decided that none of the stores at MOA would carry my size.

im going to go to an outlet sometime.. i never wore them.. but .. they have 10.5.. for years ive been trying to find shoes that fit... im a 10.5 men.. and woman size as well.. always wore 10 or 11 .. too small and too big.. i dont understand why they say that womans sizes are a size up or whatever.. maybe i have femm feet that fit womans shoes better than a wide mens foot or something.. .. half sizes are so hard to find.. but now i think i have it figured out..

I love Nine West. I'm a friend of the manager and assistant manager of the outlet nearest to me. These gals are always a big help. They will even show me the literature they are getting that shows what styles they can expect to receive.

Nine West is now carrying up to size 12 for those that are interested. Recently the styles carried at the Nine West stores seem to be running on the large size (frequently taking a half-size smaller than I am used to). This was confirmed by the manager when I made a comment about it. She said the company was getting their stock from a new manufacturer.

Of course the SA knew the shoes were for you. The sad thing is that you had to play games with her. She was letting you know that she knew and was giving you every hint to try them on.

Why the fear? These SA's have seen it all. Honesty is always the best policy. Tell the SA the shoes are for you and you would like to try them on. Let her help you and do her job.

Jodi

My ex-wife used to go with me to shop, but one time she told me To go get my own shoes. I went to Payless and was looking at shoes when the young female SA asked if she could help me find shoes for my wife/girlfriend? I thought what the heck and told her that I was actually looking for some for myself. She smiled real big and was very helpful and even invited me back saying that she thought it was awesome that I didn't lie about it. She said most guys do but they're only fooling themselves. She finished up by saying that she would like to see me dressed sometime. I just laughed and told her I was married which just got a "darn" out of her lol
    Last edited by Dixie; 10-27-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I had the opposite happen to me.I went to a payless. I went in and got up the nerve to look for some shoes. The manager that was there asked me if I needed help and I said yes and told her what I was looking for. After I told her she asked what size my wife wore and I said no they are for me. She looked at me and said you know these are womens right? I said yes and she said( I am sorry we dont cater to your kind here) and walked away. that burned me so bad I cant seem to go shopping in a store anymore.

TGSara, I would write a note to Payless' corporate office. This manager was completely incorrect in her statement and should be set straight. Payless DOES cater to "our kind." A sale is a sale. It does not matter if a man is buying mens or womens shoes. Where was this Payless? I think all of "our kind" should be forewarned so we can avoid that store when we are in that area.
    Our kind--what a joke. What is our kind? Human beings? That's what we are.
    Whew, now I can jump off this soapbox. That chaps my hide!!

@TGSara, i agree with Janet and Dixie in that i've never had any issues in Payless. maybe call the store and talk to a different manager?

i usually know exactly what i'm looking for in shoes, and don't need any assistance. but shopping for a new handbag, i was well helped and shown courtesy. it may also help that around here, some of the assistants really don't give a expletive and are biding time until 5 o'clock