Thread: Just got asked to catwalk model!

Just got asked to catwalk model!

A 3rd year fashion student from my LGBT society at Uni was looking for female models to catwalk at a small show next month. I jokingly suggested I should in the LGBT group on Facebook... before thinking, on principal 'why not?' I then proceeded to explain to this girl that I was a crossdresser, and that in doing so would be a huge stride forward for others like me (I'm 19, I add).

So to my surprise, she took me entirely seriously and we had a conversation. It's not really my thing, not whatsoever, but it was interesting. I've never considered modelling before, least not as Lizzie. So, anyway, I decided it would probably just be too much hassle for the poor girl.. I don't live 24/7 as a female and thought it would just be too much effort for her transforming me from a male > female > model when she could just transform a female > male...

I would've had professional makeup artists too...

Anyway, there'd also be a swimsuit round, I discovered, and I kind of thought... 'yes, there's going to be bulges (I don't want to tuck) and it'll be quite obvious I don't have breasts'... and also 'I don't want to be too revealing'...

So, I'm not doing it.
    But don't you think it's fantastic on principal that I got asked, and taken seriously??
    I think so!

ahh cmon... just do it.. i think its possible to make the bulge not too noticeable without torturing your junk.. just tight tight spanx or something.. no big deal..
    Last edited by bridgetta; 10-27-2011 at 01:19 PM.

No, I wouldn’t do it either. Not with a swimsuit. But like you I would have got a kick out of being asked. On the other hand.

I think it would be a lot of fun! I wouldn't have to even think about it! I'd go for it in a heartbeat! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sure it's awesome they asked you!

Not doing it? Look at the free publicity this will garner for you, and for the event. You never know what lurks on the other side of such events. A legit way of breaking out, maybe even make some legit $$ with other opportunities later on. Don't consider this a locked door. Consider it an opportunity to open a new one.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

If you wouldn't feel comfortable, then I absolutely would not do it. But oh how wonderful it must have felt to have been asked!

I would not ever ask anyone to do something they were not comfortable with, but if I were your age, and I was asked, my heart would skip a beat I'm sure. As for tucking it is not hard at all for me, and I've been doing it for many, many, many years. I can remember when I started it, it was kinda' painful, but after I got use to it, I realized the body can get use to anything, I think it would be a very, very, hard thing to say no. But your decision has to be respected either way. That is just what makes us human. I think I would've been excited, that someone took the interest.

Toodles,
    Eve
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Yes, nice indeed that she took you seriously for the part. Other than the swimsuit round, I think it could've been a very cool opportunity. I don't know what I would've done in your shoes. What I do know is that, IMO, you did well for respecting yourself and your limits. Good for you!

do it, do it, do it,.............a memory for life !! the challenge is thrilling.. no matter what - just the fact of doing it for a LGBT group is enough of an out if asked why... Oh just to help em out... or whatever! These oppertunities don't come around very often -- what a blast.............Debra

I've done it many times. Swim suit? Use one that has a little skirt and no one will know.

Platinum Member
    Do it. You're cute, young and you can get help making bumps where you want and hiding those where you don't.

I agree go ahead. Or, this will make a great post in the 2021 version of the lost opportunities thread.

I hope you reconsider. It will be a bit scary at first, but I think you will have a great time! You might regret not doing it when you get to be my age...

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    No, I wouldn’t do it either. Not with a swimsuit. But like you I would have got a kick out of being asked. On the other hand.
    It's not so much a kick out of being asked - it's the fact it'd actively promote the Crossdressing community. There's clearly less understanding of this area than for say, homosexuals!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle1 View Post
    A legit way of breaking out, maybe even make some legit $$ with other opportunities later on. Don't consider this a locked door. Consider it an opportunity to open a new one.
    I wouldn't be happy with modelling as my way of life, I only considered it this one time because I found it interesting. I made a point on principal about C/ding modelling and nobody argued - which is the fantastic thing and why I'm so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MackenzieMarigold View Post
    If you wouldn't feel comfortable, then I absolutely would not do it. But oh how wonderful it must have felt to have been asked!
    I can imagine not being comfortable at first, but sliding into it, like anything really.

What I'm not comfortable about is the swimwear round - not because of the bulges or stuff, but because I don't like being revealing. Because when you're revealing it's normally quite sexual... and I don't want to be sexual for anybody else but my girlfriend :/ I only want her to get a kick out of me...

And I don't get to choose what I wear anyway, chances are it may be something I really don't like
    Although I mentioned LGBT, the catwalk isn't FOR the LGBT, it's just I think they were mainly after some of the gay guys to do the male modelling (they were after male models too, but I signed up under the female models section :') )

They've suggested that I try some modelling with some lower stuff - i.e. literally, private fashion shoots as opposed to catwalking, which'd be a smaller step and with less pressure I can imagine.. with a catwalk I'd have to stay en guarde and en femme all the time. With a fashion shoot I could relax between shots, and the rubbish photos wouldn't be used, and there'd be no audience

I've only ever gone out in public twice, I think you can see my unwillingness. Nice thought if the clothes weren't so revealing though :')

Oh yeah...... but do it anyway I mean it all just sounds so exciting !!!.......... Debra

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It sounds like you really don't want to do it. Maybe you are afraid. It is obvious because you are making excuses for easy things to fix. Eventually you will get wherever you are meant to be in life. Getting there sooner gives you more time to sit back and enjoy it. You really should go for it, but only if you can give it 100% effort.

Gen

That makes sense. Its kind of absurd
    To
    Be sexualized by a large group of people. Yep.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I HOPE you're NOT making a mistake, Lijdi! How many opportunities does a guy get in his LIFE to do this?

I just hope u don't look back on this in your later years and think, "Just think. When I was young, I COULD have been a runway model! With the pics to PROVE IT!"

I'm pretty sure u could hold veto power over the swim suit selection if u REALLY wanted to do this! And, "bulges"? Unless you're 12"+, u don't need no stinkin' bulges!

Being ASKED to and actually doing something r TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Just ask Ricky in 2015. When no one remembers he ran for prez!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    It sounds like you really don't want to do it. Maybe you are afraid. It is obvious because you are making excuses for easy things to fix. Eventually you will get wherever you are meant to be in life. Getting there sooner gives you more time to sit back and enjoy it. You really should go for it, but only if you can give it 100% effort.

Gen
    Nono, the excuses are what I don't want to do I don't want to tuck, never have done and never will, and I don't wanna be revealing, specially in a swimsuit.. I mean, that's what I don't like. I'm just not comfortable with that. It's not easy to get out of being sexualised. Being sexualised is something I will not do.

I don't think I'll regret it because it's not what I want with life, and I've got quite a lot on the go that well... requires my passions in life... crossdressing is more of a lifestyle choice. I've just been made a YouTube Partner for comedy and have released two albums... And I've never ever had an appreciation for models

The fashion student did tell me "catwalking is a big leap considering you've done nothing before. I recommend you should try smaller things first"
    Anyway, she's also told me she'll ask me if anything else comes up (which it will) and she'll ask other fashion students if they're interested in me too!

So basically, it seems I'll have a number of opportunities.. considering I'm only in my 4th week of university and have been asked, it's highly likely

But honestly, I just don't wanna do the swimwear shoot. I'm barely comfortable out and about with clothed Liz (which I've only done twice), let alone going out in a bikini in front of a huge audience, being photographed all the time and my every move watched. It's silly really.

Anyway, I've thought for ages about this. I promise I'll keep you updated if I do any clothing shoots for fashion students! But no-half nakedness from me, I'm serious.
    Last edited by lijdi; 10-27-2011 at 07:56 PM.

You Go Girl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lijdi View Post
    It's not so much a kick out of being asked - it's the fact it'd actively promote the Crossdressing community. There's clearly less understanding of this area than for say, homosexuals!

I wouldn't be happy with modelling as my way of life, I only considered it this one time because I found it interesting. I made a point on principal about C/ding modelling and nobody argued - which is the fantastic thing and why I'm so happy.

I can imagine not being comfortable at first, but sliding into it, like anything really.

What I'm not comfortable about is the swimwear round - not because of the bulges or stuff, but because I don't like being revealing. Because when you're revealing it's normally quite sexual... and I don't want to be sexual for anybody else but my girlfriend :/ I only want her to get a kick out of me...

And I don't get to choose what I wear anyway, chances are it may be something I really don't like
    Although I mentioned LGBT, the catwalk isn't FOR the LGBT, it's just I think they were mainly after some of the gay guys to do the male modelling (they were after male models too, but I signed up under the female models section :') )

They've suggested that I try some modelling with some lower stuff - i.e. literally, private fashion shoots as opposed to catwalking, which'd be a smaller step and with less pressure I can imagine.. with a catwalk I'd have to stay en guarde and en femme all the time. With a fashion shoot I could relax between shots, and the rubbish photos wouldn't be used, and there'd be no audience

I've only ever gone out in public twice, I think you can see my unwillingness. Nice thought if the clothes weren't so revealing though :')

How about modelling in a one-piece? Would they allow that? If you modelled a one-piece swimsuit it would be much less revealing and you would have a much greater latitude for tucking, for taping cleavage, etc. And if you chose a dark color swimsuit it would not show any of your fashion *secrets*, so to speak.

I think you should go for it. I would if I had an opportunity like that! You are young enough to be very convincing as a model. Take a look at some of Astrid Sabrina's pics and see her youtube video's. She makes a very attractive model example with a modern look and a catwalk figure. Perhaps she might be able to share some of her fashion ideas with you. If this is a LGBT related function, nobody is going to be concerned whether you are male or female anyways.

Now, about being sensitive about going public, I know exactly what you mean. The first time I went public was a few years back on Halloween night, one of the few days of the year when you can get away with dressing up in public. I wore my prettiest outfit and just enjoyed myself. It was really scary at first, but after a while I just got into it and had a good time.

I took some pictures from that night and I think they are some of the best I have ever taken en femme.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...71#post2638371

So bottom line, this is a great opportunity for you to get out there and overcome your fears. There are lots of supportive people who will help you.
    Catwalk? You go girl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana7 View Post
    How about modelling in a one-piece? Would they allow that?
    I'm modelling clothes that they've designed specifically. It's about their clothes, not the models themselves