Thread: I did it!!

I did it!!

Friday morning I got dressed, fem boot cut jeans, black top, a pair of flats and did my hair. I did not do any make up (I don't know why) but anyway I went to Sally Anns corset shop. When I got there she was still closed, she opens at 10:30 and it was 11:00 when I pulled into the parking lot. I parked the car and there were a couple of ladys parked next to me and I over heard them talking to eachother about how she is late. I sat there for a while (40 minutes) and started to get scard so I left, But something happend to me a mile or so down the road and I turned around a went back. When I pulled in this time there was only one lady sitting there waiting for the store to open, About 15 minutes later she left and I was alone waiting. I waited another 30 minutes and the store opened and I about had a hart attack but I went in anyway. When I entered the store I was treated like nothing was strange or wrong with me beeing there and ask what I was looking for. I told her I was looking for a corset to help my look and she set me up in a fitting room and started bring me diffrent corsets and waist sinchers. I tryed a few on and fell in love with how they made me look. I asked her what els she had to help my look and she brought me a pair of forms size 8, a bra and butt and hip enhancers. I tryed them all on and I was hooked. I bought one corset, one waist sincher, bra and forms and the butt and hip pads. I wore everything home except for the wais cincher. It was a great day for me and hope I will be able to do something like this again sonetime soon.

Wow, what a way to start. I love the fact that you now have your shape basically taken care of and you only have to concentrate of clothes and accessories, oops, and maybe a wig too. Good luck and enjoy your new figure.

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    Good job. I know that took a lot of courage.
    “What would we be if we were normal? I can't even picture it.” – Sookie Stackhouse

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
    Trisha

my clever saying here.... Mindy More's Avatar
    Way to stick with your plan. Sounds like it worked out even though you had to wait for long time.

That great and i am sure that took a lot of courage and even better sounds like you meet a really nice sales lady to make your first outing a good one. Good for you and tap yourself on the shoulder.

that's dedication. to wait for so long, and then to come back and wait again takes some nerve and i applaud your stick-to-it-ness. and then to have it be so rewarding, well, excellent.

Jealous. All I wanted to answer was just jealous.

Erin,

Thanks for sharing. I am excited to hear that Sally Ann’s is still as great as ever. It has been a few years but I also had a great experience there when I purchased an open bottom girdle. This was when I first started going out and I was treated very well. She measured my hips and said I needed a 32 waist, I was expecting to try on a 36, but she informed me I have small hips and a 32 is what I need. She handed me the girdle and directed me to a dressing room. After some time she asked how I was doing and if I could still breathe. She also handed me some other things around the curtain of the dressing room to try on. I purchased the girdle and also loved how it fit.

Here is a link to Sally Ann’s
    http://www.sallyanncorsetshop.com/

Hugs,
    Patti
    Last edited by patti.jean; 10-31-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Banned Read only
    So glad for you getting the shape wear that brought out your feminine hour glass figure, I know emotionally you must be walking on clouds and I'm sure it's opened the door to you getting out more and buying more feminine figure flattering girl clothes. Drop her a line and tell her she lost two customers that morning by being late, others have mentioned that they have noticed that too and it's very rude and inconsiderate to the customers that spend the cash that keeps her store open.

When sally first tied the corset, and I looked in the mirror I couldn't belive that was me. Next she brought me the hip and butt pads, then the brest forms. I stood there stairing at my self, WOW! From the neck down I looked like a female. I wore everything home, as soon as I got home I did my Makeup. I never thought I could look so good.

Now I'm sitting here all dressed, wondering what it's going to take for me to step out the door!

Recently moved to mid state Illinois; still travel a little
    Erin & Patti Jean,

I have never been to Sally Ann's and both of your experiences are very descriptive and I am definately looking forward the visit.

Hopefully, this week my travels will take me to the Chicago area on business. I have built enough time in my schedule for a visit to the Sally Ann corset shop.

I called the shop and asked if one time of day was better than others...No not really was the answer. The woman (presumably the shop owner / manager) was just a matter of fact to all questions I asked: Do I need to wear anything special? Answer: you must be wearing panties if you want to try on girdles. As I usually wear a high waist long leg panty girdle with panties (Bali SkimpSkamp usually with a panty liner..just in case) anyway this would not be a problem. She asked if I had any special areas that needed help; answer: Yes...a muffin top problem and a "poochie" tummy. She indicated that this is the usual area of concern for both women and CDers alike. She had many different types of girdles, both OBGs and panty styles that could help with my problem areas. Also did I ever consider a waist chincher? I also told her that I would like to consider different bras both long line and regular styles....again not a problem. They will measure me and make recommendations based on their measurements and suggest different styles to try on. Once I put on the girdle / bra combination, they will check out the fit and see if my problem areas are being helped. This sounds as if they will want to see me in just the shapewear…this is an option I have never experienced…no one has seen me in my bra and girdle except me, except for the one time I stopped at Frishmanns in NYC (unfortunately they are closed after the passing of the original owner Saul Frishmann); but how else can they make an objective evaluation unless they can see the issues. Apparently they do this all the time be it a GG or a Cder, and Cders are just customers and is not a problem what so ever as they cater to many Cders. I asked if I needed to be enfemme. She said no; I asked about do I need to be wearing panty hose? No not really only if I wanted to.....but it may make putting on a girdle easier...my choice. I asked if I needed to bring in my forms or should I be wearing forms for a bra fitting...again my choice. I believe they could "lend" me a pair of forms to try with bras.

I has been a long time since I was at Frishmann's in New York but that experience was wonderful; I am looking forward to visiting Sally Ann Corset Shop. I am definitely looking forward to the experience.....I will let you know how I make out.

Cheers,
    Roberta R.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by erintemp View Post
    Now I'm sitting here all dressed, wondering what it's going to take for me to step out the door!
    Well, just get up, walk over to the door, check to see that the door is not locked,turn the knob, pull the door open. Now take a deep breath and step out repeat 5 times without thinking about it.

Erintemp, Jorja is right, just walk out the door. I recently started going out dressed in the evenings for walks and the minute the door closed behind me and I was out in public for the first time I felt......normal. Any fears or worries I had had before immediately disappeared, it just felt so right. Rainy evenings are good because everybody seems to have their heads down and nobody peeks under your umbrella.

Congrats on getting over your fears. Enjoy looking feminine!

sweet

I should have worded that diffrently, I do step out the door. I take my dog for a walk every morning at 4:30am dressed (jeans,shoes,top and jacket). I go to the drive up ATM and to the red box a couple of times. I should have said what's it going to take for me to go to the mall, movies, clubs or just my everyday running around.

Great, congratulations, Erin!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Congratulations Erin! Way to conquer your fears!!!
    Hugs and Kisses,

Vanessa Jane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It really doesn't matter where or when u go, Erin!

Whenever and wherever, you KNOW you'll have a FABULOUS FEM FIGURE! Grin!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!