Thread: A really helpful video for developing your Female Voice

Be free - overcome fear!

A really helpful video for developing your Female Voice

It can never be emphasised enough that developing a female voice is one of the most important aspects of feminisation. Many people struggle to understand how to find the correct pitch etc., but in this video this lady sums everything up and demonstrates it perfectly.

Last edited by Melody Moore; 10-30-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    What is often overlooked is that if someone is not 100% full time the voice almost always is not going to be acceptable. Truely the easiest way for a ts girl to figure out an acceptable voice is to go full time! It's real then and no longer a game.

Thanks Melody. It is a great short instructional video with the key elements defined and demonstrated. A perfect starting point.

Very cool, and incredibly useful. This is what I was told to do.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Very good video Melody, integration of a lot of videos condensed into a very good presentation. Well done. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    What is often overlooked is that if someone is not 100% full time the voice almost always is not going to be acceptable. Truely the easiest way for a ts girl to figure out an acceptable voice is to go full time! It's real then and no longer a game.
    I have to agree with Kate. In the beginning of my transition before I was full time, I was constantly trying to switch from male voice to female and back again. many times a day. The result was terrible. Every one called me sir on the phone or in a drive through speaker at a fast food place. All annoying as hell. Then my male voice started to fluctuate as well being caught in the higher pitches when trying to talk with a male voice..

It was not until I went full time and was forced to use my female voice 24/7 that I started to come into my own. Now, I could not get a more feminine voice and I am very happy with the way I sound. I have never gotten sired since and my muscles are no longer strained from speaking in a high pitch. Now, it is very very difficult for me to get to a lower pitch and when I do, I sound nothing like is did when presenting as a male. The female voice is a non-issue now and it is wonderful to have accomplished this partr of transition.
    Last edited by Traci Elizabeth; 10-30-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Wow...as good as it gets..

one thing about her is that her original voice was very nice...it had some softness from the start (it could be that she can't get to her old voice anymore)
    she could have almost gotten away with her "male" voice as she presented it in this video..

i

Good video....helpul starting place.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Thanks girls with your feedback, I only wish the mods would sticky this post because this is without
    any doubt one of the best video presentations I have seen that talks about what to do to feminise
    your voice. And we all know how important vocal feminisation is for us if we are to truly be accepted
    as women.

A lot of voice programs can sound so complex and confusing, but strip all of that away
    and this is what we should be shown in the very beginning of vocal feminisation because
    it will really help many to get started on the right path - especially with a speech therapist.

And here I was thinking that Kate was going to say that SRS is a requirement for vocal
    feminisation there for a minute. So sorry Kate, (joke) I couldn't resist that one, my bad

But I agree whole heartily with Kate about the need to be living fulltime as a female for it to be most effective.

You will never successfully feminise your voice as long as you are switching in between gender roles and you
    are not constantly using your female voice. I am female 24/7 everything I do is female from the time I get up
    and go to sleep and even dream, and even from the instant I wake up - I am no longer thinking as a male. If
    the phone rings & it wakes me up my voice is never the best first thing first thing in the morning, it may be a
    bit crackly but it is still a lot more female than male. I am at a stage now where it feels so weird using my male
    voice because I got use to feeling the reverberation in my face when I speak in my "head voice" or "falsetto" as
    opposed to rather than down in my "chest voice" or in my "tenor" range that I used so much to speak as a male.

I am so glad I learnt to sing because it really did help me a lot to understand these differences with using the male
    and female voice. The same types of exercises are used in vocal feminisation as in singing to develop projection. So
    all the jaw, neck and facial exercises you learn in singing or vocal feminisation might make you feel stupid at first, but
    they really do help to get your mouth working properly as a resonance chamber so you can speak a lot louder & clearer.
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 10-31-2011 at 03:15 AM.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

It really is an excellent video, Melody. Thanks for snagging it. I definitely want to start working along those lines, with or without a speech therapist, but with the considerations she laid out in mind--even though I can't go fulltime just yet.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

however you get there its worth it..

your voice can win or lost the day if you are trying to live a life quietly as female

Banned Read only
    Great video Melody. Your right it is one of the best videos out there on how to femininize the voice with out a lot of trouble. To those who say, "the ony way for a ts girl to figure out an acceptable voice is to go full time!" Well duh! I think most get that. One needs to learn and understand how to get there first. Most videos and self help courses make it way to complicated even for the experienced speech therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Moore View Post
    It can never be emphasised enough that developing a female voice is one of the most important aspects of feminisation. Many people struggle to understand how to find the correct pitch etc., but in this video this lady sums everything up and demonstrates it perfectly.
    I notice that even in my male presentation I have been forced to adopt more of a female speech pattern (except for raising the pitch of the voice) throughout the years so that I don't sound like Joe Friday of Dragnet since I have a very deep voice. I also notice the presenter of the video, when she speaks with the original pitch she still sounds acceptably feminine due to the speech patterns.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

You're right, Johanna. Even her lower voice sounds feminine. Many women have voices pitched in the male range, but they use them in a female way.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

The only way I can develop a female voice is for me to adopt more fully the speech patterns of a female. Since I actively sing bass I really do NOT want to raise the pitch of my speaking voice so that I don't lose the bass register. My bass singing voice really means a lot to me!

And if you think it is incompatible for females to sing bass, I refer you to YouTube and look up Vivaldi's Women and you will see several performances where women sing all four parts - soprano, alto, tenor, and bass.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 10-31-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

This is truly a great video. I didn't know female voice could be achieved through practice. It's almost like magic

Thank you Melody for this great video. Just thinking about this the other day and wondered how to improve my voice.

Banned Read only
    Melody, could you repost the link? It doesnt come up on my ipad. Thanks

I have the video series at the following link to be very helpful.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-ch...female-211158/