Thread: Found a Gold Mine

Aspiring Member

Found a Gold Mine

Well, I kept my promise and so this weekend I spent almost 2 days cleaning out and organizing my wife's sewing room so it is no longer a catch-all and can actually be used for sewing. Now she'll be able to alter my nightgowns like she promised so they fit better. I even did all the work en femme with what I currently have available (mid-length slip, hose, panties and one of her wigs). Really wish I had a house dress of some sort--baby-steps, baby-steps.

Okay, back to the Gold Mine...

My wife used to sell Avon for over 20 years, along with being a hair stylist/beautician for over 30 years. When she sold Avon, she would always order extra to keep on hand so if one of her regulars needed something they could have it right then instead of waiting 2 weeks. I knew she had done this and I remember packing some up when we moved. Going through the boxes in the sewing room I kept finding box after box of Avon products, so I started organizing and sorting them to place them in the dresser we have in that room.

By the time I was finished, I had one full drawer of nail products, just about any color you could imagine. Quick dry, strengtheners, clears, and also everything you need to do both acrylic and fiberglass nails.

I also had a half drawer full of lipstick, once again in just about any color you could think of. Eye makeup, another half drawer, all assorted colors and shades.

Foundations, concealers, blushes were another half drawer. Perfumes and fragrances, another half drawer, mostly Imari.

And then I filled up 2 drawers with moisturizers, lotions, and skin care stuff. Even wound up with a good quantity of jewerly, all in boxes.

Now all I need to do wait until the wife is comfortable with the idea of me having on makeup.

She has come along way since Oct 3rd, the day she found my stuff and I came out to her about my crossdressing. Since that time, we have bought some me nightgowns, panties and hose together. She pulled her wigs out of storage and let me try on those, resulting in me ordering 3 last night (she ordered herself 2 new ones also). Last night I even tried on and modeled for her a couple of her older dresses. Baby-steps, baby-steps. Don't want to proceed too fast and wear out Renee's welcome, maybe makeup in a few weeks, can't wait.

That's awesome!! I love discovering hidden treasures!! But please check expiration dates. If its really old makeup you could end up with a nasty infection or worse!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

You organized your wife's sewing room?........If I even dare move anything in my wife's sewing room I might as well just move out, it's sacred territory. On the up side of things though it's nice to hear she will do alterations for you, my wife does that for me all the time just make sure you show your appreciation by dinners out at a nice place or even just bringing home flowers.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Previously GraceAnne
    Might want to put on the brakes and let her get used to it a bit. Seems pretty fast to me. But, hey, I'm just a wife.

Hello Renee, congratulations on the find. I would like to buy some of the cosmetics if you would like to sell any.

Wow!, a gold mine is right Woo HOO!! Lol
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Renee W View Post
    Well, I kept my promise and so this weekend I spent almost 2 days cleaning out and organizing my wife's sewing room so it is no longer a catch-all and can actually be used for sewing. Now she'll be able to alter my nightgowns like she promised so they fit better. I even did all the work en femme with what I currently have available (mid-length slip, hose, panties and one of her wigs). Really wish I had a house dress of some sort--baby-steps, baby-steps.

Okay, back to the Gold Mine...

My wife used to sell Avon for over 20 years, along with being a hair stylist/beautician for over 30 years. When she sold Avon, she would always order extra to keep on hand so if one of her regulars needed something they could have it right then instead of waiting 2 weeks. I knew she had done this and I remember packing some up when we moved. Going through the boxes in the sewing room I kept finding box after box of Avon products, so I started organizing and sorting them to place them in the dresser we have in that room.

By the time I was finished, I had one full drawer of nail products, just about any color you could imagine. Quick dry, strengtheners, clears, and also everything you need to do both acrylic and fiberglass nails.

I also had a half drawer full of lipstick, once again in just about any color you could think of. Eye makeup, another half drawer, all assorted colors and shades.

Foundations, concealers, blushes were another half drawer. Perfumes and fragrances, another half drawer, mostly Imari.

And then I filled up 2 drawers with moisturizers, lotions, and skin care stuff. Even wound up with a good quantity of jewerly, all in boxes.

Now all I need to do wait until the wife is comfortable with the idea of me having on makeup.

She has come along way since Oct 3rd, the day she found my stuff and I came out to her about my crossdressing. Since that time, we have bought some me nightgowns, panties and hose together. She pulled her wigs out of storage and let me try on those, resulting in me ordering 3 last night (she ordered herself 2 new ones also). Last night I even tried on and modeled for her a couple of her older dresses. Baby-steps, baby-steps. Don't want to proceed too fast and wear out Renee's welcome, maybe makeup in a few weeks, can't wait.
    You reminded me of the most wonderful find I have ever made. I was visiting my Mother and while there she asked me if I would clear out the attic storage and toss it all out. I really wasn't interested. Then she said, it's just old dresses and stuff from the lady that lived here before. Hello! So I went up there expecting to find a few dresses and maybe some shoes. Oh my was I wrong. First, the clothes where from the 40's, a period I adore. And there were more than 25 dressed. Amazing dresses. Of course there was old bras and panties. But they were the equivelant of granny gear of the day. Boo Hoo. Then there was the mother load. I opend a box that said "stockings" with much glee anticipating some good stuff. There were 20 pairs of sild stockings, cuban heels, all seemed, and fitted. I almost passed out at that point. It took some explaining about why I was donating it instead of just tossing it. But away I went, right to the Fedex and sent it home to await my eager arrival.