Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bras and other challenges

bras and other challenges

When I first started dressing in my sister's clothes I would hood the bra in front, spin it around and slip my arms through the straps. I then learned to hook it in back like a lady. Did we all start out doing this? Other challenges were buckling the shoes with the buckle on the outside of the ankle, falsh eyelashes and dresses that zip up the back. I still avoid those. What other challenges do you face when dressing?
    Love to all
    LoriAnn

Quote Originally Posted by LoriAnn_CD View Post
    When I first started dressing in my sister's clothes I would hood the bra in front, spin it around and slip my arms through the straps. I then learned to hook it in back like a lady. Did we all start out doing this? Other challenges were buckling the shoes with the buckle on the outside of the ankle, falsh eyelashes and dresses that zip up the back. I still avoid those. What other challenges do you face when dressing?
    Love to all
    LoriAnn
    My wife has always hooked her bra on in front and then spun it around to get the straps and cups settled properly. I have always put mine on and reached behind me to hook it and back zippers have never given me much problem - but I am pretty flexible. Don't wear false eyelashes - mine are plenty long and a little mascara takes care of me!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I used to hook my bras in back like they were designed, but siunce my shoulder surgery I can no longer reach back there!. So I also hook in front and do the spin around! Have never worn false eyelashes, and don't need to!! And I don't buy dresses with back zippers!! I try to do away with all challenges to my dressing! It is supposed to be fun, not work!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Well my wife used to do it that way. I never did, always hooked it in the back--part of being a woman ya know!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Add me to the 'hook and spin' sorority. especially since all the genuine girls in my family were blessed by the boob fairy. While I still haven't been able to afford the surgery 'down south', I did get a little added in to my chest so I wear an 'E' cup.

I do the spin round with my bras, have a couple of back zip dresses and use a safety pin on a thread to zip up and down with it works fine, I also have two back fastening basques which needs the assistance of my wife

hook and spin here...thats how my girlfriend does it too. so i guess i learn from her. haha

Yup... hook and spin, unless I've got a front-hook, (but that's a given, LOL).
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Guess playing ice hockey keeps me pretty limber because I can reach behind my back and hook and unhook anything, zip up dresses and cinch and tie my corset..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I still spin the bra, but you're right, I should make the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriAnn_CD View Post
    Love to all
    LoriAnn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]Trying to hide my girliness a little less everyday, all suggestions appreciated. Check out my cardigans, and my wishlist ones, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Burton View Post
    My wife has always hooked her bra on in front and then spun it around to get the straps and cups settled properly. I have always put mine on and reached behind me to hook it and back zippers have never given me much problem - but I am pretty flexible. Don't wear false eyelashes - mine are plenty long and a little mascara takes care of me!
    My wife does the same thing...so I follow her lead. My shoulders, like Steph's won't allow me the range of motion to hook my bra from behind.

No spin for me, just reach back and hook. I usually get it right the first time.
    Keely

One of the Reds

I find reaching behind so much easier than the spin thing... I am pretty good at hooking anything from behind now, just like Karren. Suspenders... no problem!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I can manage 2 hooks (without spinning) no problem and 3 fairly easily. More than that gets a bit difficult when one will mysteriously unhook itself as I try for the next one! Spinning has it's uses. :-)
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

My main challenge is my body, arthritis in joints makes it difficult to hook my bra any other way than in front, and for rear zipper dresses I made a device that helps me get the zipper closed, all it is is a sturdy hook on a shoestring that I can pull up over my shoulder.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

i'm in the hook and spin club too. and i do the same with skirts and (some) dresses. i'm a lot less flexible since i dislocated my shoulder, so that has to work for me!

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    I used to hook and spin but I kept trying to reach behind and after some practice it is no problem now. Back zips are another story, I have my GF do those for me.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My wife hooks and spins and I reach behind. I have always done it like that ever since I started wearing bras as that's how I witnessed my mom doing it. Funnily enough, my wife says the exact same thing, she's always hooked and spun as did her mom. I guess it's just personal preference, and IMHO, no one way is "more womanly" than any other way.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I allso hook and spin cannot reach behind in onse it is on its on and it feels great

I hook the bra at the back but hook and spin my suspender belt, like Jill I also have an attachment that connects to the zipper at the back of the dress.
    The biggest challeng for me is any shoe with a heel above 2" that has the buckle on the outside.

xxx Jenny

I do a bit of both, usually spinning to put it on and reaching behind to take it off.

Odd aside: Does this thread remind anyone else of a conversation between Garibaldi and Sinclair in Babylon 5?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    I do what is easiest for me, hook and spin to put on and unhook from behind. My two partners have both done this so I guess that's why I do the same. Just makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I do a bit of both, usually spinning to put it on and reaching behind to take it off.

Odd aside: Does this thread remind anyone else of a conversation between Garibaldi and Sinclair in Babylon 5?
    No, but it does remind me of Archie Bunker and Mike on All in the Family debating the sequence for donning shoes and socks.

Quote Originally Posted by BritneyLynn View Post
    No, but it does remind me of Archie Bunker and Mike on All in the Family debating the sequence for donning shoes and socks.
    I didn't realize that there were any options for the order of donning shoes and socks! Garibaldi and Sinclair were discussing the order with which they button and zip their pants.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hook in the front & spin it around is how I do it.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud