Thread: My real name is Nigel, but...

My real name is Nigel, but...

I need a girlier one. I would like it if you girls would help me choose. I'm not a sexy girl, more feminine, girl next door type, demure, cardigan addict. Love shopping, curious about needlework and baking. I like names like Jennifer, Pamela, Susan, Lana, Elizabeth, Linda, Rose, Primrose, Rosemary, Rebecca, Dorothy, etc. Which of these, or any others, do you think would be more me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]Trying to hide my girliness a little less everyday, all suggestions appreciated. Check out my cardigans, and my wishlist ones, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/[/SIZE]

I chose my fem name because if i would have been born a girl my name would have been Ann. When I chose a name it was Ann then it change it to Anna then to Annaliese. Then nice thing is you don't have to live with it if you don't like it. Pick the name you like and go with it.

When I decided I needed a female name I just let it hang for a few weeks and it chose me. Kaz came first... close to my male name but sufficiently different. I realised that this was a nickname for a few other possibilities, one of them being Karen, whioch I settled on. Not a name I would ever have chosen if I hadn't come across it by this route! So I am Karen, but I prefer to be known as Kaz.

As it happens, K is also my initial in male mode, and you may wish to consider a name starting with N... Nigella is an obvious one, but I suspect not to your taste! Then you have Naomi, Natalie, Natasha, Nicolla, Nicole, Nola, Nuala.... Nuala and cardigans work for me! But then you are looking to be more conventional... Play around with Nigel and you could Gillian?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Platinum Member
    I cheated - I use my given name

Hi, I really like Lana or Rebecca, or if you wanted to stay close to your real name how about Nigella, just a thought. Hugs
    Sophie May, Sophie May not

I had actually thought about Gillian, so now it's more interesting. What is it about Nuala that works with cardigans for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    When I decided I needed a female name I just let it hang for a few weeks and it chose me. Kaz came first... close to my male name but sufficiently different. I realised that this was a nickname for a few other possibilities, one of them being Karen, whioch I settled on. Not a name I would ever have chosen if I hadn't come across it by this route! So I am Karen, but I prefer to be known as Kaz.

As it happens, K is also my initial in male mode, and you may wish to consider a name starting with N... Nigella is an obvious one, but I suspect not to your taste! Then you have Naomi, Natalie, Natasha, Nicolla, Nicole, Nola, Nuala.... Nuala and cardigans work for me! But then you are looking to be more conventional... Play around with Nigel and you could Gillian?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]Trying to hide my girliness a little less everyday, all suggestions appreciated. Check out my cardigans, and my wishlist ones, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/[/SIZE]

Nuala... cardigans... not sure... one of those 'organic' things that feels right!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife gave me the name of Stephanie, and never told me why!! I love the name Pamela simply because it is my daughters name!! Nigel and Pamela go together well!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Well, not knowing you it's hard to know which name might fit but you might want to try something that works for both genders. How about something like Dana, Lynn, Fran, Pat, Gale, Meridith, or La Verne.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I vote for Lana. To me it is a real classy "girl next door" name.