Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the first steps to go out ?

What's the first steps to go out ?

Hey I've been thinking about going out lately anyone have any tips or ideas on where to go first and what to wear ?

Hi Bianca, welcome to our forum. I think it's a personal choice...some of us here go all-the-way their first time out...while others like myself did it in baby steps. My first adventure outside as Diana was a walk around the neighborhood with my wife. I wore excerise pants and a fem top. Do and wear what YOU feel comfortable with...and good luck. Once your out...your hooked!!!

First time....You could go for drive, hit a drive through resturant. More adveture some........go to the mall shopping. What to wear? For a drive the possibilities are more open. To the mall, try to blend in. Best way to decide what to wear, observe women about your age. Avoid the Walmart look though, we all can look better than that.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Banned Read only
    First and formost, take a deep breath and relax. Since this is your first time out the door, you may just want to venture out around your immediate area. Go for a walk. Go to a park near by. It doesn't need to be a big all out affair unless that is what you want.

Look at women about your age to get an idea of what they are wearing. Try to match it. At this point you don't want to stand out I am sure, you want to blend in. As your confidence builds, start getting bolder as to where you go and what you wear. Go get gas in the car. Go to the grocery store. Go out to a TG friendly club. Join a support group near you. Soon you will be on stage in the middle of the mall with a spotlight on you.

Ever find your self waiting till you have your look so perfect before you even step out to venture in public. I was procrastinating and buying things for days from clothes, jewlrey, wigs, and makeup waiting for the right moment to go out. Until I said heck with it and just went with the best I had walking the neighborhood at night. What a rush. Today is the best night to go out as you have the halloween party out clause if needed.

My first time out was a drive around the neighborhood after dark just to work out the mechanics of leaving and arriving back at home without showing off for the neighbors. I don't really count it because nobody else saw me, but it did give me confidence for the next step.

The next couple of times were a weekend in a tourist town a couple of hours from home and a dinner with a CDing group about an hour out. Those were a lot of fun!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I think if your going out during the day then underdress or dress down a bit but try to look the best you can. If you go to any TG clubs then you can dress it up as much as you want. My opinion is always do whatever you can to look your best. Once you try to go out you might see that it is not as big of a deal in the general public as we think it is. I went out 2 nights ago for my first time and had I known it was going to be that easy then I would have done it long ago. Good Luck.

I think the going out for a night walk is a good thing ..what's a good way to dress for that it is nightime so I can be a little more daring so any ideas ?

Hey, go to the 2nd house from the end of the street, on the left side of the road. The one with the witch on the front door. They are giving out full sized Milky Way Bars!!!

And the guy that answers the door is dressed like a GIRL! Can you believe that!! Check it out for yourself!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bianca1 View Post
    I think the going out for a night walk is a good thing ..what's a good way to dress for that it is nightime so I can be a little more daring so any ideas ?
    I have doubts about this idea. You should ask yourself if what you plan is something a GG would do. Walking alone at night might be acceptable if you live in a very safe area, but if you don't commonly see GGs walking alone then you shouldn't either.

Do you have a shopping mall you can go to? They are generally safe, you have things to do and look at, but reasons to move along if you start to feel uncomfortable. Everybody else has something to do so they don't pay close attention to the other shoppers. I prefer shopping during the quieter times, but the busier times are no real problem either.

I don't recommend "daring" for your first outing. An outfit that is definitely feminine but not over-the-top would be most appropriate. Again, watch the GGs of your own age to see what you should be wearing.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I suggest contacting some local girls. Find out what clubs/bars they visit. Plan on going and meeting them if u can. That way, instead of dressing like a granny and shaking in your 1 1/2" boots at Walmart, u can dress hotter, wear 5" heels, and go out and have some FUN!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Go for a drive if you can, or find a local Trans group. Unless you're going to a club with other people, try to blend in - wear women's jeans and other clothes that women wear these days... Don't do anything dangerous and good luck!

Hey I've been thinking about going out lately anyone have any tips or ideas on where to go first and what to wear ?
    open the damn door..... step across threshold of closet... shut door... your out...lol

Self acceptance and confidence. Once you have those the rest of it is just logistics.

The first place I went to was to a botanical garden. I would go during the cooler fall and winter months and early on Sunday morning.

There would be almost nobody there and just walking through the gardens, with the sunlight on my face being dressed and wearing one of my long colorful jumpers, winter tights and flats, was just wonderful.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Thanks Im definitely gonna give the drive a try tonight I just gotta find something to wear

Banned Read only
    Fall and winter are the best times of the year to make your first foray into the unknown. I think your body type would dictate how much apprehension your mind will take for the first time out. Also, what will you wear? Now, I'm thinking a dress. I see you're twenty, so you're young. Dress young with a just above the knee dress. Heels? I'd go with a low two inch heel that does not have a spiked heel. If you're going to walk on concrete, there are too many imperfections in concrete sidewalks for a spiked heel. If you haven't practiced your walk, watch some demonstrations on the Internet. I recommend wearing a gender neutral jacket that allows you're dress and slip to be moved by a breeze- a very sensual feeling of a slip against hosiery. A wig and makeup is a must.

I recommend driving to a commercial area that has some foot traffic for your safety. Window shop. If there is a light rain that's even better since an umbrella is great for hiding your face.

If you're going to go for a drive, make sure your car is in working order, fully gassed up and carry a change of guy clothing. For a first time out en femme, you really do not want to have anything happen which would curtail expanding you're horizons. Frankly, at age twenty I would have passed as a slender six foot young woman. Now the more adult features make it difficult to hide my true gender.

I always start with the left foot

Well don't wear what ever you were wearing in your profile pic! Lol. And don't wear women's jeans. That's a cop out in my rule book! My first step out was getting the courage to open the door and step out. After that everything else seemed easy.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gotta wear a dress. It's makes me feel like a lady. No mistaking a dress. I agree with Karren.
    ​Cindy

Ok sounds good and I definitely won't wear jeans but something conservative definitely

My first time out was a drive just because I needed to get out of the house. It was great for my mental health. Hit a fast food drive in for a drink then came home. The second time was this past friday at a halloween party.
    Hugs and Kisses,

Vanessa Jane

Shoes that fit! A mile or two in heels is a LOT different to teetering round your home. The other day I went to a local shop in drab but wearing my new wedges and managed to slip sideways twice and I barely made it back. I badly bruised my foot and if it had happened further from my home I would have been in real trouble. Don't wear really dark glasses, even during the day. If someone can't see your eyes they will automatically pay more attention to the rest of your face ie. your beard area. If you keep your elbows next to your body you will just naturally walk in a more feminine way, it must be something to do with balance. I have only been out fully dressed a few times and although it hasn't proved to be the exciting and scary experience that others that others seem to find, (I just feel calm and more 'normal' than usual), it is still a drug and I am HOOKED.

As for where to go...take a drive, maybe a nice park on a sunny day.
    As for what to wear...depends on where you go. Dress for the venue, not for effect. If you go to the mall then dress as the other women your age do, unless you have a need to stand out and be recognized. No mini's and 5" heels to Walmart or you might become one of those "WalMartians" that appear in the emails I get from time to time.
    Time of year, where you are going, weather that day should all influence your attire just as it would anyone else.
    Just go and be confident when you do and you will be fine.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Here's the link to my first time out in public dressed:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ing&highlight=

and the link to my most recent time out in public dressed:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...wn!&highlight=

Let me know what you think.