Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: long or short male hair

Quote Originally Posted by TracyBoy View Post
    I started growing mine out about 18 months ago too- but mine is only down to the bottom of my neck! How do you grow it so fast? Are there some kind of vitamins one can use or something? I know I don't get a lot of sleep each night either. Does that make a difference?
    I'm pretty sure it's genetics. Last time I got my hair cut was in early December, 2010. I started out with a business man's side part haircut, and my hair is now down at collar length, doesn't even touch my shoulders. Hair is mostly protein, but I take protein supplements and vitamin pills because I work out 2-3 times a week, and that doesn't seem to affect my rate of hair growth.

I'm fairly sure that lack of sleep affects every body function, so your irregular sleeping habits probably don't help, but the root answer is probably still genetics.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 11-02-2011 at 02:05 PM.

I am with Lea. I keep mine short. It is easier to wear my wigs, and if I tried to grow it long my male pattern baldness would interfere with that.

Playing music lol
    I am for long hair!!! But right now, I've short hair :/

I have long hair that I keep in a pony tail that goes down to my mid back but as I have gotten older an it is getting much finer, I still have to use a wig unless I use a lot of "product" and a blow dryer and a curling iron.

Aspiring Member
    How about I lete my hair grow out after 36 years of short hair cuts (military style mostly). My mother still gives me guff about it. She suggested that I get a nice haircut for my son;s wedding next July. I told her no way. I am standing my ground with this one.
    Diane Elizabeth

Mine is just below shoulder length.

Have thought about cutting it to chin level, but am wanting to grow it down to my bra strap also.
    Until I decide, then it will continue to grow!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Long hair is my style and my wife likes it too. Thinning is an issue now but a fall works for going out. Wigs are still worn when I do a drag show.

My hair goes half-way down my back, past the band of my bra. As a guy, I just put it back in a ponytail every morning... but when I'm home I usually let it hang free.

The only haircuts I've had for over 10 years now are once every 6 months or so my SO will cut an inch or two off the end just to tidy up things like split ends. My only issues is that my forehead keeps getting bigger...

I'm interviewing for a job change soon (in a pretty conservative industry) and will see if they say anything about it. It has never been an issue where I am now.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I'm in the process of growing mine out now. Haven't had a cut in over six months. Am hoping to get started on the hormone you take to stop the growing bald spot I have (kind of similar to Rogaine, but taken internally).

Mine is long and has been for about 3 years now. In male mode I wear it up or down and mostly down when I dress up. What I need to do is get it styled. It is currently just cut straight across the bottom. Maybe next time layers...highlights!?!?!? idk

I let mine grow out for 11 months and behind my head it's down to shoulder length, but side is only down to about chin area and front hair is down to upper lip. Now, I'm trying hard to find a good solution to my thick hair behind my head, I don't want to cut them but they look very thick, I have used some argan oil to make it softer, shinier and I've bought some hair straightening chemical, they are all helpful than doing nothing at all.

But now, I'm debating whether I should try this Brazilian Keratin Treatment, it is supposed to make hair straight soft shinny for 3 months and I'm shy to go to salon for such girly hair styling, so I just wonder if anybody know anything about this, since it's definitely not cheap. Straightening flat iron, straightening spray comb/brush are not long term styling, you know I'm very jealous of the girls in my college walk pass away with their soft hair dancing and waving in the mid air while my hair is stiff.

I have short hair but I am thinking about growing it out as my new job does not require me to keep it at a "business length"

I had long hair that I had my stylist keep it in a page style with bangs. I did cut it this past year when my wife was sick and I just did not have the time to deal with it. Angel was disappointed since she was the one who kept after me to let it grow out in the first place. It is a lot of work everyday, to wash and condition it, style it, blowdry, use a round brush and keep it brushed it all day, etc. Now I am letting it grow back again because I miss having it long. It feels good to identify with women in that way, having to tend to it all the time and having the ability to add pretty accessories on my own hair. I hope it grows back soon, before it falls out!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

To grow or not to grow? That is the question. After reading these posts I'm canceling my appointment for Monday to get it cut. I like the look of Gandalf the White!

Aspiring Member
    This past summer I had decided that I was going to let my hair grow out. I would like to get it style and perm in a feminine style. Yes it turning gray but that has happen all of my life nothing some hair dye won't take care of. There again nothing but hair dye for woman.

Been growing mine out for about a year, mostly to hide a hearing aid implant and surgery scars, but the good news is, it's starting to look good. Have to see a stylist real soon.

Sharon,
    I myself have been getting a women's feminine cuts and hairstyle and color for many years now. I have short hair and during the day i just mouse it and comb it into a mans stlye and no one knows.
    Heather1

Gold Member
    I'm like Cristi. Have it long and ponytail it when out and about in guy mode and let it hang otherwise. Putting it in a tail as a guy and brushing it forward otherwise does give your look some contrast to make up for the lack of contrast that a wig provides.

Mine has just reached the point where if I sit in a tall chair, my back is pressed against my ponytail and I can't move my head. So over the shoulder it goes. I enjoy mine long and even though I am not always happy with my efforts, styling your own hair is an interesting challenge sometimes.

Short here also. Much easier with wigs that way. BTW, staring to experiement and go with some shorter gray colored wigs now.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine