Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: long or short male hair

Smile long or short male hair

Just . wondering how many have long male hair, I just started letting hair grow after 20yrs of short hair. I really like my hair long, just harder to tuck under wig. I use my playing music as my excuse for letting grow out.

And you assume that we all have hair? Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-01-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Mine is moderate length - I was able to get it styled in a fairly feminine manner. But I lacked the skills to replicate it reliably on my own. Besides, I noticed that the thinning area in the back was still visible...So, I bought a wig!

my forehead has been increasing for 30 years and is now on the back of my head. However I have a 30 inch ponytail.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    I have a choice! Grey wig or the Yul Brenner look. I'll go with the wig.

I've been letting mine grow. It is about shoulder length in back and to the bottom of my nose in front. It is pretty straight. Now I just need to figure out how to style it in a feminine style.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

I have very thick hair that I normally always say, I got Elvis beat in the hair department. But seriously, I keep my hair cropped short, because I enjoy the net and wigs, changing looks on a whim. Although my long wig that is on my profile, and avatar is my fav.

Toodles,
    Eve
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Mine used to be long. Hmm....and it used to be brown, too! But it started falling out about fifteen years ago, and turned gray at the same time. So now I keep it kinda short. Wigs wear better that way anyway.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Silver Member
    Two words - "buzz cut". Once the top thinned, that was that.

Lea (feels like I should sign this one with my given name ...)

Gee, I wish I had enough hair to even think about it. I don't think I'd grow it very long even if I had the choice.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

I'm lucky to have great hair genes. My dad just turned 80 and he still has a full head of hair.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

I started growing mine out about 18 months ago
    it is now down past my shoulders and I love it,
    My wife not so much ,but its my hair and as long as I still have some I'm going to enjoy it
    I pull it back into a pony tail during the day

I have been trying to grown mine out, but I work in uniform. I just got told to get a haircut yesterday. We don't have a grooming policy, but I am pretty sure that if I pushed it we would suddenly have a grooming policy. As such, I'm going to go for an androgynous shorter look. Sigh, but at least it's easier to hide under my wig.

Anna

Quote Originally Posted by joanna marie View Post
    I started growing mine out about 18 months ago
    it is now down past my shoulders and I love it,
    My wife not so much ,but its my hair and as long as I still have some I'm going to enjoy it
    I pull it back into a pony tail during the day
    I started growing mine out about 18 months ago too- but mine is only down to the bottom of my neck! How do you grow it so fast? Are there some kind of vitamins one can use or something? I know I don't get a lot of sleep each night either. Does that make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by TracyBoy View Post
    I started growing mine out about 18 months ago too- but mine is only down to the bottom of my neck! How do you grow it so fast? Are there some kind of vitamins one can use or something? I know I don't get a lot of sleep each night either. Does that make a difference?
    Yes, lack of sleep matters. As for what to take, I take Biotin. Many GG's and TG's have suggested it.

Anna

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I've been letting mine grow out for some time. Recently I had a hair cut (just cutting off the ends, really), and the lady didn't quite get it right .. a little too short on top, which helps the slightly thinner area have hair standing up, but it made me think again about shaving it and just wearing wigs.

I do like having my own hair, though.

I'm 11 months without a haircut, with the exceptions of getting the split ends nipped.
    Right now it's just ok, but I don't feel comfortable being wigless until 4 or 5 months from now, which is March/April.
    I love long hair....it doesn't matter what gender.

other than an occasional trim, mine hasn't been cut in almost 20 years. At one point, it touched my belt when braided, now its about bra-strap length and still crawling up my back!

Jenn

I have gone 3yrs now without a cut. It has gotten to about mid back...and I love it.

Two and a half years from shaved head to pony tail down between my shoulder blades, but I also have a very very long forehead, kind of like Ben Franklin when not in a pony tail.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Grew it out

I'm lucky to have long thick hair. I grew mine out about 2 years ago, it's at my shoulders and I keep it there now. Just enough for a pony tail if I want.

I always found wigs to be very warm so I'm happy to use my real hair. I also have a couple of clip in pieces that match my color. You can get long clip in extensions or big pony tail type clip ins.
    Rebecca Bas

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    #2 all over,did like to leave a fringe,but alas not enough hair these days lol

theres another sign of getting older,they never ask whether i want gel on anymore

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 11-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Last December I had a haircut. The gal who game me the "trim" cut it really short. My response over the next two weeks was "She hacked all my hair off." I let it out until July before getting it cleaned up (during which time a few people asked me if I was going for the hippie look), at which time I asked for a unisex cut and said I was just trying to get the hair cleaned up - I wanted to minimize the amount of length lost.

Currently, the bangs are a bother - they keep getting into my eyes. My hair is curly, though, so even though my bangs reach my mouth when my hair is wet, they reach my nose when dry.

I've been letting my grow long since the last time I saw my stylist, uhhh about 2 years now. It's nice and long now and I love it. I need to make an appointment for a new style, and color...

Long hair for about 8 years now.