Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silicone breast adhesive

silicone breast adhesive

Has anyone ever used an adhesive? I tried to use it for the first time. I bought it from Suddenly Fem. com and it said to apply it to the form and to place it against your chest. I did this and it burnt like crazy. I peeled it off and then looked closer at the bottle and it said flamable on the can. Well duh, I've never felt like such a moron, I thought it was simple glue to use on your skin. So what the heck is it used for?

some are allergic to different adhesives.
    try Kryolan silicone medical adhesive instead.good stuff.

I don't use any knid of adhesive anymore but when I did, I bought a surgical adhesive called Skin Tac. It's used to hold surgical appliances in place and works ok on smaller forms but not on my DDs. I stopped using glue all together and let the bra hold my forms. Of course that means I can never go braless but with forms as big as mine I nee all the support I can get.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I stopped using glues after I got my female silicone suit, too, Prissy!

However, I remember using Hollisters adhesive years ago. U were supposed to let it dry before applying it to your skin! Did u do that? It's generally the SOLVENTS in the glues that r dangerous! If u let them evaporate, I think MOST folks can use the glues with no problems!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Hollister's 7730 is pretty much the defacto standard. Note that you don't put the glue directly onto your skin. You apply it to the prosthetic, give it time to dry, then put it in place. So, how long do you wait? Good question. You are supposed to wait until it does not feel wet any more and starts to get tacky. I find that a little sooner is better, so I wait somewhere from 30 seconds to a minute. Maybe a little longer. I have my bra on and clasped and down out of the way. I position the forms on my chest, lean back so they don't fall, then lift the bra in place and insert my arms through the straps. Then I make sure the forms are pressed on tight so no air gets trapped under them. If your goal is to go bra less, leave the bra on for as long as you can before removing it to give the forms time to set. I usually put them on before doing my makeup. Then remove the bra as I finish up and get dressed. As always results may vary so test this out a few times before you wear that strapless dress to your next formal party. :-)

I use 3M 77 - despite other girls' bad experiences, it doesn't seem to cause any problems for me.

I spray a liberal coat on the backs of the forms, and while they are still wet press them (one at a time) briefly where they will be on my chest. I then remove them and let the glue dry on both the forms and my body for a couple of minutes. Then, press them back in place and use a tight-ish bra to secure for a few more minutes. They will then stay in place overnight under loose nighties.

If I dress continuously for more then 3 or 4 days, I do tend to get red and itchy under the forms, but I think that's more from the trapped perspiration and rubbing than from any reaction to the glue. It also happens if I don't glue them on.

This method does leave a ring of dry, sticky glue that is hard to wash off. I find I can get most of it with a good coat of cold cream.

-jj

I never use glue, I hate sticky stuff. After 20+ years of building fiberglass boats, anything sticky (like the polyester resin used in FRP construction) makes me run for the hills!!! LOL

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Perhaps you could give breast form tapes from http://www.thebreastformstore.com/?
    Absolutely fab for sensative skin and cost .

Thanks all for the advice. Like a meathead I applied the glue while it was still wet. what a dumb ass. I'm done with the adhesive. I'm going to get fitted with a top notch bra. Even if it costs a lot of money and wear tight chested dresses. problem solved. I'm just about over the burn marks on my tits.

It was probably the solvent that gave the painful reaction you experienced. I made that mistake once before. Here is the method I use. First, remove any chest hair. If you shave, it is best to allow a few hours to pass before using adhesive. Your skin is sensitive after shaving. Second, clean your chest area to remove dirt and oils and allow it to dry. Spray a small amount of adhesive on the back of one form. You do not need to cover the entire area. Take the second form and place it onto the first form (back to back) then smear them around so the adhesive covers both forms. It should almost be invisible, and there should only be a very thin film on the back of both forms. Allow the forms to dry for 5-10 minutes. If the adhesive is wet or you can easily smell the solvent, the adhesive is not dry enough. Carefully, position the forms then press down. I put on my bra and move it below my chest area before attaching the forms. I quickly move the bra into place while supporting the forms. I've used the Hollister adhesive and the 3M 77 adhesive without any problems. If you have any skin sensitivities, it is best to use the Hollister medical adhesive. It is more expensive, but a little goes a long way when properly used. Except for the one mistake, I have never experienced any redness, rashes or reactions. YMMV.

Pretty much definitive advise from Melissa! When i got my first forms many years ago I was so excited.. I got Hollisters adhesive, pre-cleaning stuff and thought my world would change overnight. That was before I joined this forum!

Needless to say it didn't work out that way! I wasn't allergic to anything but the stickiness was wierd and took ages to clean up and my tits were sore for days after... but then you figure out how to make it all work... I have used the adhesive tapes from Breast Form Store... they kind of work sometimes (depends on your boob size I guess!)... I haven't tried adhesives now in 3 years or so.. I just wear nice bras... but I still want the feel of that 'jiggle'! I have had it and while not the real thing it was real interesting... just didn't last long!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

gr8 thread, i have a question tho... what is the best adhesive remover? thnx
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I use goo gone, erases the adhesive from me and the forms instantly! It smells though, so a shower right after is best.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    I use 3M 77 - despite other girls' bad experiences, it doesn't seem to cause any problems for me.
    Ditto for me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisia View Post
    I use goo gone, erases the adhesive from me and the forms instantly! It smells though, so a shower right after is best.
    Ditto for me too!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

thank you girls, the 3m sounds great! the sell it every where rather than the holister (which is $$$$ and hard to come by where i live.) goo gone to
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Melissa's advice on how to apply the Hollister's adhesive is pretty much how I use it and it's been working great for me lately.
    I have sensitive skin and making sure the Hollister's dries completely first before applying the forms to my chest is key.
    I've also found that using Skin-Prep wipes to clean the area where the forms will be going really helps to not only reduce any irritation from the adhesive but also seems to help it stick better.
    Skin-Prep wipes are used in hospitals to prepare skin for adhesive bandages - in addition to cleaning the skin of oils and such, it also provides a protective barrier that adhesives adhere better to.
    Glamour Boutique sells it but you can also find it cheaper in larger quantities from most medical supply stores.

I use an elmer's spray adhesive, very similar and VERY affordable. I have a feeling the 3M might be a little more effective though, 3M are adhesive super-experts.

I use the medical adhesive purchased with my forms from www.janetscloset.com/

Sounds like an "operator" problem to me, .

People can be allergic to anything. Maybe in your case, it is that adhesive. Applying any type of "glue" to your skin is not exactly natural thing to do to a human body.

There are other options available which are typically not advertised on "breast form" sites. Sites promote the products from the vendors that they profit from. Many of the "monster mask/special effects" supply houses (like fxsupply.com) sell prosthetic adhesives that are specifically formulated to be "skin safe". Medical supply houses is another option.

Most things of this nature often contain the element of "trial and error", until you identify a winner for you.

Of course there is always the staple gun route, but that tends to be a permanent (and painful) strategy reserved for the high pain tolerance crowd...

*just a side-bar here...possibly irrelevant but...whenever discussing "silicone" breast forms, attaching them, etc. the material of the casing that encloses the silicone filler...is typically NOT silicone...it is some type of urethane (polyurethane, etc). So searching for adhesives for silicon is not the objective, because it is simply the filler material encased by an outer material that is typically not silicone rubber.

Same applies to "repairing" tears/holes in silicone forms. You are repairing/resealing/gluing/adhering a polyurethane material (outer casing), not a silicone material. There is a difference.

Last edited by eluuzion; 11-28-2011 at 01:51 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I use Uro-Bond silicone adhesive with Smith-Nephew adhesive remover. The adhsive brushes onto the form.

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    There is some great advice, here. I've noticed that the common problem seems to be large forms and adhesive. I've considered using adhesive to correct the shifting problem I have with my forms. However, all the research I've done suggests that adhesives aren't that effective, with larger, heavier forms. Seems like a bra is the best option, when it comes to supporting the extra weight. Still, even with a well-fitted bra, it seems that shifting is still an issue. I imagine that this is because bras are meant to work with the support of the chest. Unfortunately, our breasts don't have that natural chest support and those of us with larger breasts can't turn to adhesive. I have size 28 forms which weigh 11lbs, each. Needless to say, adhesive doesn't seem like a promising solution, for me. So, here I am, still wishing upon stars for a viable solution to breast form shift. Sigh...
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Miss Maxine - yes, with the size of your forms, adhesives alone won't hold them on, but would help hold them in place a bit more securely when wearing a bra.
    I wear large forms with adhesive only that most people say won't work without a bra - it's all in the proper preparation of the skin and application of the adhesive.
    I wear size 15 asymmetric GL2000's which on me are about a DDD size.
    Now, I probably wouldn't be able to go 24x7 completely braless, but I have gone braless for extended periods and they've remained stuck on just fine.
    The one thing the mainly kills the adhesion of the forms for me is a build up of sweat behind them.

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    Quote Originally Posted by racquelr View Post
    The one thing the mainly kills the adhesion of the forms for me is a build up of sweat behind them.
    I used adhesive, once, and my sweat killed it. I sweat easily and sweat profusely, when I do. All that resulted from the adhesive was sticky grossness. I wish I could just velcro those suckers on!
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Yeah, sweat is a real killer. I too sweat easily and profusely.
    With the Hollister's, it doesn't lead to a sticky mess, they just lose their adhesive capabilities and fall off. Once a section starts to pull away, they are done for.
    I just ordered some Skin-TacTM Liquid Adhesive Barrier Wipes and the Skin-Tac adhesive. Reviews on amazon seem to indicate this stuff holds well and is not affected by sweat.
    We'll see - I'll post my results once I've received it and had a chance to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Maxine View Post
    I used adhesive, once, and my sweat killed it. I sweat easily and sweat profusely, when I do. All that resulted from the adhesive was sticky grossness. I wish I could just velcro those suckers on!
    Eluuzion suggests a construction grade stapler which may work fine, albeit a little uncomfortable. I think I'd be more inclined to setup an appointment with the lcoal autobody repair shop who specializes in fiberglass repair and see if they can mold something directly onto you. That should hold those cute little sisters in place. I use form tape and Tack Wipes alot now but that's only to hold "d" forms and it works fine overall. If I go braless, I use Hollisters and carry tape in my purse just in case.