Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your SO Know?

Does your SO Know?

How many SO's know about your crossdressing? After I told mine she tried to understand and accept it and after about a year she is better with it but still doesn't fully accept it, but she tolerates it for my sake and I don't have to hide it.

She has even complained to me that she feels that she should be the only pretty thing in the house LOL then she says I make one UGLY woman LOL.

It's a shame, because with just a little luck, opportunity, and a deal of booze (ha) you could show her and persuade her and encourage her that she IS the most beautiful pretty thing in the house. Doesn't take too much imagination.

Now .....If you made her feel special...maybe she would return the feeling?

Good luck.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Joanne, have you considered asking your SO to come here? Especially with the GG forum, she'd have someone else to talk to, which might help her become more comfortable with it.

Also as Julie says, try making her feel like she's the special woman in the house -- and don't forget to make sure she's got some "man time" -- and who knows....
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

My wife knows

My wife has know for three years. At first she was appaled and said it was down right weird. She doesn't say much now except to comment that my bra is showing or something like that. She is coming around but it takes time.

Vivian

MichelleFCD's other half
    Ummmm ....I know about my so's crossdressing
    AngGG

My SO definitely knows, she's very open-minded and has accepted it but guess still has some issues with seeing her "man" all dolled up so even though she's ok with it, she prefers not to see me dressed.
    [SIZE="2"]Life is beautiful in the eyes of an accepted crossdresser[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    My wife knows about RobertaCD and is quite excepting. It was she understood how hard it was for me to tell her and was not really angry that we were married for a few years before I did finally tell her.

Yes, mine knows, but the issue has been brushed under the rug...for now. I don't quite know what to make of it, but I do know that she is not accepting of it. She has asked me why I do this, and I find that I cannot give her a definitive answer. In all of the soul-searching and introspection I have done, I still cannot clearly state why I crossdress. And lets face it, girls, it's not just crossdressing, it's female emulation. It's more than just clothing. She has said that she likes "manly men", and she just cannot accept that the man in her life likes to be a woman. And she has also asked how she can understand if I cannot completely understand it myself. She's got a point. Yet, the fact that she knows coupled with the fact that we are still together and loving one another gives me hope for our future. One day, perhaps, she will grow to accept even this unconventional facet of me. I'm hopeful.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Marla if it's any consolation, I doubt any of us have the "why" question fully figured out. I think I have a good sense of my motivations, but why I started....that something I still haven't figured out.

I realize it's a trite example, but if you were left-handed (assuming you're not already) you wouldn't be able to explain it either, and not being able to explain it presumeably wouldn't stop her for accepting you. (I'm left-handed and it was only a generation or two ago that we had it literally beaten out of us.)

I realize she likes manly men, but I suspect something of your "softer" side came through and that may have been part of what made you appealing to here. After all many GGs profess to want a man who's tough but tender. We just happen to take that a little literally.

Good luck to you both.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

Mine knows

My wife knows about "Francine". Doesn't like her though.
    She found out by 'accident' 25 years ago. We have been married for 30 years. Back then, she found a box with women's clothes she couldn't identify. So I "came clean" and told her. Thought I might lose her, but she stayed. I guess I was lucky.
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

My SO knows... and accepts! HTGurl is a member here as well. She shops with me, goes out with me, helps me with my makeup... she's my wife AND my best friend. Love you, honey!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

My wife knows, but has gone through several phases of acceptance. At first she thought it was cool. Then I made the mistake of training her like Pavlov's dog. i.e. Every time I dressed, bedroom nastiness ensued. After I nipped that in the bud she became less interested and slightly less accepting overall.

2 months ago I purged (I know, I know!!), and the wife seemed very happy. Now that I'm rebuilding my inventory, she's apprehensive, but doesn't really object openly.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

My wife knows that I am a crossdresser and has seen me fully dressed a number of times. She still doesn't like it and just puts up with it. She says that she has ni desire to be with anither woman and won't touch me when I am dressed. We sit and watch TV or play cards. I think she thinks that I will outgrow this someday. Hard to believe after forty years of dressing. I have never purged but go through long spells of not dressing in her presence. Frankly, it's no fun to dress when she's around. It's hard to be my feminine self then.
    Dawn

michellejean

does my so know ?

my wife knows ,i told her before we married and i dress as i want too and she even helps me with my make up at times. like when we are going out to a club or mall shopping.michellejean(mrs highheels)

Yeah, my g/f knows. I'm fortunate because she seems to be pretty accepting. She has a simple philosophy once I told her: You're still the same person, just wearing different clothes. We have a long distance relationship (she in TX, me in VA), so I haven't been able to test the boundaries of what I can and cannot get away with. But she is one of the few people to see me dressed up, so that's definetly a good thing. I'm one lucky guy/girl, whatever.

migrane_prone
    my fiance knows, i told her about a year back. she is kinda cool with it. she thinks its a little weird, but hopefully with time she will be more cool with it.

My wife knows.
    I told her shortly after we were married, and she was accepting of it at first, but I think she hoped I would grow out of it. That was 30 years ago!
    I deference to her, I only dress when she is out, and we don't talk about it.
    Michelle

My g/f knows although isn't too encouraging about it, although she does tolerate me dressing at home while she is around. She won't go out with Paula though
    Living on the edge might be dangerous, but it has an awesome view!!

Thumbs up SO knows;

I think after a long time CD'ing in the shadows and not meeting a GG that understands or accepts us the way we are is very stressful. For me, finally, I have met a person that understands me and to a certain degree helps me with various CD issues. She has been so accepting from the moment I shared the news that I CD in various roles. I feel very blessed to say the least and I continually share my thoughts and dressing experiences with her and always ask her advice. I think this helps her to gain even more understanding about my Cd'ing. It has been a real rush in the last couple of years that all the previous ones that were ridden with guilt, self-doubt, isolation and purges have for the most part, melted away. So, there is hope and may I suggest to those girls who are expeiencing difficulties with your SO's acceptance, have you shared this forum with them so that they can see that you're not alone and neither is she???? Love and hugs to all!!!!XXXX

I'm single, but I'd feel downright uncomfortable if anyone I got involved with didn't know
    Do Not Feed The Newbie

Smile My wife knows

My wife knew about my CDing before we got married, I felt that it was only fair when she moved in with me to let her know but that was 16 years ago and we have been married for 14 years. My wife tolerates it, but I think she is becoming more accepting due to the fact that last Saturday my wife and I went to my first TRI-ESS meeting and she allowed me to go dressed(my first time out ever), even did my hair for me, before that she had told me many times that she did not want me to be out in public dressed.
    Kayla Horn

my wife knows , she found out by accident when she found some of my hidden clothes in our attic,at first she thought i was having an affair,then when i told her she found it hard to understand but after a few hard days she told ne she still loved me and within reason she would help me with buying clothes etc.

my girl knows, she basically discovered it.

Actually yesterday she came up to me and she noticed I hadnt dressed in about a week and was wondering if something was wrong. She was asking me when I would dress again, and basically saying she misses it lol. She is great...

We are to be wed this weekend

Angry No fun when she is around

Quote Originally Posted by DawnRodgers
    I have never purged but go through long spells of not dressing in her presence. Frankly, it's no fun to dress when she's around. It's hard to be my feminine self then.
    Dawn
    I know exactly what you mean Dawn. My wife knows and has not really accepted it. She acknowledges my freedom to dress on an intellectual level, but is repulsed emotionally. This means that she doesn't try to stop me dressing, but is very uncomfortable about it. This makes it unpleasant for me and so I usually wait for her to go out before I dress Sometimes, I'm changing into my femme gear before she gets to the end of our road...this can't be healthy for our relationship. Unfortunately, she hardly ever does go out which means I hardly ever dress right now. I'm definitely getting the CD pressure cooker effect, though, and something has to blow soon :mad:

GypsyKaren
    Not only does my SO know, she has been such a huge help to me. Her love and understanding has helped me grow into a much better person.

GypsyKaren