Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More than meets the eye (brow)

More than meets the eye (brow)

Ok, so i sometimes work in a bar, more when I have less gigs, less when I have lots and the other week this guy came in. I served him and as I do I notice his eyebrows.

Now I know its not uncommon for strait men to pluck their eyebrows, this whole metrosexual monicker is always batted around these days. Guys who fall into this category are usually well groomed all over, designer clothes, immaculately sculpted hair, plucked eyebrows...but this was different, and not the only person I have come across on this subject. This guy was very drab, scraggy hair, very manly and showing no sign of femininity apart from the eyebrows. I mean these were very thin, very shaped and in no way fitted with the rest of this guys attire and demeanour. (at the time).

Ok so I do pluck mine but I fall way more into the metro section so I think I get away with it more, although some girls do comment, but they are in no way plucked to the extent of this guys. (Hats off to the girl for having the balls though)

When he was placing the order we exchanged looks, more than to a normal customer and this continued, he was chatting to his mate but kept looking at me with this pensive look toward my facial groomage as, I'm sure, I was doing to him. He got his drinks and left the bar area with a few double takes back to me as if he were thinking "are you one too" as again, I'm sure (definitely) I was doing back to him.

My question is this - Do men who do not fall into our category notice these tells or not? Do we simply sneak under the radar, not noticed by your average man man and only get made by fellow sisters? How far do you think you can go before the average man man thinks, ey up somethings not right here, you are (are you) a crossdresser/ts

See got to the point eventually xXx
    Last edited by crystal99; 11-05-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal99 View Post
    Do we simply sneak under the radar, not noticed by your average man man and only get made by fellow sisters? xXx
    I have asked my self this a hundred times. I notice when guys have no hair on their legs. I notice the trimed eyebrows. Do others notice me?

Just about everyone will notice plucked eyebrows--unless they are totally blind, or if you are in complete dark. Whether or not they make anything of it is another question. Many men trim, shave, or pluck their eyebrows because they suffer from the dreaded "Monobrow" condition. Others suffer from "busheybrow" condition, and their attempt to correct their condiion and "look normal" has nothing to do with crossdressing. It is so common that I have even had barbers ask if I want my eyebrows trimmed, and they were hardly even bordering on "bushey".

I don't have that much experience with this as I haven't been dressing (and consequently, looking) for long, but I would say that other men probably wouldn't see much unless it was obviously fem, like really thin, arched eyebrows. If it were me (as a guy looking), I would tend to put it down to just how that person looks and not think more of it. Would probably think they simply like to look after their appearance. Of course, if I knew the person well and they looked noticeably different that's another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila11 View Post
    I have asked my self this a hundred times. I notice when guys have no hair on their legs. I notice the trimed eyebrows. Do others notice me?
    A couple of times now I have noticed but once,what really gave it away is we were both looking at the same dresses in a second hand clothing store.

If I happen to be in drab, I get that look from bank tellers usually. We chat and all the while they stare at my face. Sometimes they even tell me I have some sparkles on my face and chuckle a bit. Works for me.

I dunno, I've been wearing my hair really short (#2 on top, #1 in back), an earing in both ears and my brows trimmed, arched and waxed now for a while and nobody's said anything. My sister , who used to roll her eyes at me and trim the longer errant brow hair has never said anything about my new-found neat eye brows, so not everybody notices these things. I suppose if I was otherwise unkempt the ached & waxed brow might stand out.

Best,
    SS

I have my brows threaded about once a month. thin and slightly arched.
    when i first had it done my wife said it would hurt, but it didn't.

when i used to have my brows waxed it hurt and always left the skin raw.

brows ae one of the first things i notice becaus i tend to look people in the eye.

I couldn't believe that maybe a month ago, there we were ten construction workers talking about threading. Where do you get it done? How much do you pay? Doe's it hurt? Why don't you shave your body hairs? I couldn't believe i didn't realize how many of the guys i work with shave there body hair and even get threaded. I couldn't believe it.

I get my brows threaded or waxed every two weeks. Very thin and arched, I use eye brow pencil every day to sharpen them up,

I've been spending a few years raising mine slowly and no one has mentioned a thing.They are not done super high or with a drastic arch but that's the way I want them,so they can work in both modes.I don't think id like it much if I were constantly being made because of them and I don't feel there is a need to go overboard with them in order to achieve a femme look.

Aspiring Member
    Do men who do not fall into our category notice these tells or not? Do we simply sneak under the radar, not noticed by your average man man and only get made by fellow sisters? How far do you think you can go before the average man man thinks, ey up somethings not right here, you are (are you) a crossdresser/ts
    Crystal to answer you question simply. Yes, men notice. So do women.

Im a girly guy. In the sense that when you put me into a room with a bunch of other guys from my area, i stick out like a sore thumb. Well groomed, shaven, very long hair, well dressed, pay attention to fashion and yes... i pluck my eyebrows too. Most social interactions with others only go on a few minutes before i notice people trying to read me. As in they notice something but cant quite put their finger on it. Do they KNOW anything, no......but they suspect. In this world thats all the evidence one needs to make a stereotype. I mean i own a few pair of mens skinny jeans and a pair of converse, so that makes me a hipster now....see my point.

I get comments sometimes that seem like they are loaded with innuendo. The kind of comments that make it known that they see some kind of femininity in my male persona. Not a bad thing, but yes people do notice how we groom and take care of ourselves as men.

-Donni-
    Last edited by DonniDarkness; 11-07-2011 at 07:46 AM.

I just spent awhile viewing your website.Very impressive girl. I love the music and the great pictures. You
    are indeed an attractive girl. I think you have the right idea about your brows. I've been doing mine for so
    long my natural brow line is all but gone and unfortunitely it does cause some stairs when in male mode.
    On the other hand mine have been that way for so long friends and family hardly seem to notice anymore.

Crystal, I know exactly who you are saying. My thought is, if you are not ready to deal
    with the reactions of others than be careful doing it. I begin slowly giving my brows
    what I thought was a mild arch about three years ago. Today my brows are unmistakenly
    feminine but then that's me and I am not bothered by the reactions of others.

They probably do but so what? I always notice, in summer months, men who shave their legs
    and some who take care of their eyebrows. More than one would think. I think the reason I
    notice is because I keep my legs shaved and my eyebrows done. I also wear women's sandels
    and keep a lite color on my toenails which keep my feet looking fresh and clean through the
    summer months. Some do a quick glance but most hardly even notice. I think sometimes we
    are more concerned about it than others.

I'm only gonna say this: it takes one to know another. ;-)

It would be hard not to see some ones brows while looking them face to face. Many years ago I had a women hair dresser that started trimming mine, no one has ever said a word about it, and may not think cross dresser, but you have to be able to see it. I've seen at least three brands of electric razors this season that are for male body grooming, different size tools to shave or trim all parts of the body, I doubt they are putting them all out there just for us.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I think it is more that WE notice if someone notices us. I don't think the average guy-guy even notices when his wife/GF has her brows done or could tell you what color nail polish she has on right now,etc. She,on the other hand, could tell you with great detail about how her BFF's makeup looked 2 weeks ago.
    Got your mother in a whirl
    Cuz she's not sure if you're a boy or a girl...

wow! well on your way!

I pluck my eyebrows and it doesn't seem to get noticed, but then again I have zero gauge stretched piercings in both ears, a lip ring, and my tongue pierced. That isn't terribly unusual in this area (Philadelphia), so maybe people just think "oh, he's one of those freaky people," and don't bother looking at my eyebrows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I Don't know for sure, But,,,, Working in A bar, has it's advantages!!!
    I don't make squat for tips, But It has it's advantages,,
    I get to meet people who I like to think " Are they?:? _ Or are NOT C.D???
    You don't know till you ask !!!!!!

I'm sure others that have a clue or are like us do notice. Most men don't notice anything beyond their nose.

I was shopping at a tall girls store with my wife and she pokes me and points to the other side of the store. There is a man about my height (5'12") with very long blonde hair, clean shaven ... looking through all the dresses on the rack. Then he moves to the blouses and skirts. My wife gives me the look and I nod yes....he probably is. Then he looks at me while I'm looking at the coats and gives a little knowing smile....and keeps shopping.
    Sometimes it's this obvious...sometimes it's not.

Another time we were shopping in a mall and as we walked I spied a sister and her wife coming towards us. After they passed I asked my wife (I was dressed) if she had seen the other "girl". She totally missed her. We went looking for them, but never saw them again. Would have been nice to say hi.
    The "tells" are almost like a secret handshake...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

This means practically nothing to us light haired blondes. I've shaved, plucked and still can't see my eyebrows from more than 2 feet away. Ahh but do I look. You bet. I'm constantly on the lookout for the latest eyeliner style or eye brow arch. I start at the eyes of GGs and then go to the lips to see the color and extent of the coverage. Then I'll work my way down to the shoes to check the heel height, style and color and file all that info for future reference. I have this attention to detail thing in my brain and gather wayyy too much information on the people I see....

Renne.....

I don;t have hardly any eyebrows, I need to have a pencil to draw in my eyebrows and there are guys with thin eyebrows so don,t read to much into it.

I've got light brows too, but they used to be very bushy and were quite dominant on my face. Since moving back into CDing I've tweezered them back a lot and now they're much thinner (in depth and density of hair) so from a few feet away they're not very noticeable at all.

I really thought that someone would notice and say something, but they haven't. I think I've now gone as far as I can though.

Jxx
    From the dark end of the street, to the bright side of the road.

Follow me - www.twitter.com/closettran