Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do when the doorbell rings??

What to do when the doorbell rings??

Newbe question: What do I do when I'm getting all girled up - lipstick, eyeliner, makeup and wig on - and the doorbell rings! Argh! I know - all of you experienced girls say 'You can't live a lie', 'be yourself', etc. Well, I still need to have some privacy in my life, and dressing up is one of the private parts. If my dim-witted macho neighbor is at the door, well this hobby of mine is none of his business. But what do I do? Pretend nobodys home? What if I want to play music while I'm having fun, then obviously someone is home. Well? Help!

gen

I would just pretend your sleeping or not at home. My secret is just that also and finding the time to be who I want to be in private can be daunting.

That all depends,... if it's a neighbor, you can pretend you're not home (as long as they don't peek in and see you first) but if it's the FedEx or UPS guy and he's delivering a bunch of skirts and shoes that you purchased on eBay, you really don't want to have to wait an extra day to get them so what's the crime in answering the door, smiling while you sign your name, and saying "Thanks hon, have a great day!" before you slam the door and run to the kitchen for the box cutter!

jenn

I have had the dreaded door bell ring when I was dressed at home during the day. I just ignored it. If it was a neighbor, I will tell him later I was in the bathroom on the throne, and they definitely know what that means! UPS and FedEx and the postman will always leave a note telling you when they will try to deliver again or where you can pick it up if it requires a signature.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    So the other evening I was trying on some Halloween outfits and there was a knock at the door. Based on the time, I assumed it was someone looking for donations or a signature or some cable or phone service I don't need. It was quite unusual for me but I decided to ignore all three knocks. They finally went away. A short while later I peeked out the window to asses the situation and I noticed the headlights were on on my truck. It was then I realized it was my neighbor trying to let me know. Oops! As I left for work in the morning, I saw her walking her dog and rolled the window down to thank her and let her know that I did look out and see the lights on. You just never know who could be knocking or why. Two days later I did answer a knock and that time it was a solicitor.l Uggghhh!

The nice thing is that;
    Door bells and telephone rings are there for your convenience
    You don't have to answer if you don't want to

Insofar as Christine is concerned, the rule is to be proud to be Christine, except if something pretty bad is about to occur. Unfortunately, this is particularly likely at home, since all manner of my S/Os friends, workers and hangers on will show up without notice, and press the doorbell while Christine is out on the porch in heels and dress or just getting ready at her mirror in her favorite lingerie. The real answer at home is, if the doorbell rings and I am "en femme" I run into the attic or basement, and be very, very quiet. Elsewhere, Christine will answer the door with a Mae West swagger.
    Cheers, Christine

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My UPS driver always rings the doorbell when he leaves a package! But he never stays to wait for someone to answer the door, which I don't do anyway. The door does have a peephole so I can see who is at the door before I open it! Stephanie does not answer the door for neighbors!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    I am with Joanna. I don't owe anyone any excuses. If I am busy then I don't answer the door. My mother-in-law could never understand why I didn't answer my cell phone sometimes. I told her I bought it for my convenience and not hers. This is not something to get to wrapped up in. If you want to answer it, go for it. Otherwise, they will figure it out.

I agree with Joanna, my doorbell and phone aren't the boss of me.

People tend to get uptight if they think that they are being ignored, so I keep the front room unlit.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Pretend your starring in a sit com and get in a panic trying to change clothes while saying "I'll be there in a minute, hold on"!

Actually, it might depend on how often someone rings your doorbell, and who it usually is. Pretending you're not home probably won't work repeatedly with the same person. I rarely get a knock on my front door, but sometimes worry that a family member might drop by unexpected. That's why I usually dress later at night.

i was in the backyard en femme smoking a cigarette when the doorbell rang. i didn't hear it. our front door was open as we have a security door and my SO was gone for the evening. did i mention that you can see the living room window to the backyard through the security door? i finished my cigarette and walked to the bathroom, which is in a hallway to the left of the door.

when i got to the bathroom door, i hear a voice, "knock, knock" i said "who is it?" the voice said "teens of america" i said "i'm not interested".

i don't know what he saw or do i care. if he saw anything he's probably really confused right now. seeing a woman and hearing a man's voice. that'll teach those boneheads to hang around and wait after they rang a doorbell and nobody answers.
    man, i feel like a woman

Silver Member
    Just answer the door if you so choose. I'm out so I answer it if convenient. Had two men who were trying to convert wife and I years ago to their church. Answered the door with a thin top and shorts on. They kept looking up and down at me. Couldn't figure out why. Later we realized that my lace bra and lace panties were clearly visible through the fabrics in the daylight outside. You know they never returned.

One day I was going to answer the door dressed but no makeup as I saw two women coming up the walk with religious material. As they rang the door, I saw several children run up. I ignored the ring.

One day the doorbell rang. I was en femme and just decided to go ahead and answer it. It was a real estate agent wondering if we would like to sell our house.

We chatted about it and, in femme voice, I told him that we were interested in putting our house on the market but that we weren't ready yet. Perhaps he should return in a couple of months.

One day, when I happened to be in drab (male) mode, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and it was the same real estate agent.

He said, "Hi! I spoke with your wife a couple of months ago . . . "

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I always use the shower excuse. You can’t be expected to hear the doorbell when in the shower.
    It’s an especially good excuse because I often have the radio on and the lights on if it’s dark so I can’t say I was not at home.

SUZY

Hi girls beachbum becky here. Just the other nite my doorbell rang I answered it, I was wearing a white babydoll nightgown, it was a neighbor I just stood there and talked to him. Its my house, you rang, I don't care who sees me.

Platinum Member
    Do you have a peep hole in the door? If so, check and see who's there. If its someone you don't want to see...don't answer. there's no obligation for you to open the door.

I answer the door all the time no matter what I am wearing.

The most interesting incident was the tome I answered the door wearing a dress, and there were Mormon "sisters" wanting to talk to me.

I simply told them I was not interested and they left.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I know of no law that says you are required to answer the door.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Install an intercom at the front door if it's a privacy issue. I look pretty fem all the time, so it wouldn't really phase me to answer the door.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I always use the shower excuse. You can’t be expected to hear the doorbell when in the shower.
    It’s an especially good excuse

SUZY
    I don't worry about answering the door, because just because there is a car in the drive don't mean i home, sometimes my SO will answer it and let me go to the other room first, if some ask later i heard the tv on, i jsut say will i left it on for the pets. enjoy being a girl, it is so much fun
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Well luckily we live 10 floors up,and theres a door entry system so the chances are slim of there being an Issue,slowly I've gotten more comfortable answering the door to postie,gas man,mormons etc It's my home and I should answer the door in any way I choose

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Chewies sister-moulted!
    This'll fit the thread as it really happened whilst taking pictures . I haven't a clue who knocked on the door .... but by heck I jumped ! Its a strange thing ....but gets even stranger when if like me you draw the blinds only then one day to have the neighbours remark on it .
    So ...what to do with the heart stopping moment of the doorbell ringing , the phone going ( imminent visitors ) do nowt - and for goodness sake don't peek round the door curtain .... I did last winter after the door went . The postman was standing there .... thank goodness he was too busy writing a collect unposted item ticket ...... !!!
    Last edited by Shelly67; 11-07-2011 at 04:02 PM.

One of the reasons I only dress late at night. I hate when people come around unannounced, but there's really not much I can do about that without coming across as an anti-social weirdo. I want to be out, but I don't know if could handle giving an essay every time I open the door explaining why I'm wearing a skirt, pantyhose and heels. And we're all hillbillies around here, mostly nice people, but it adds to my fears.

the happy camper
    Don't answer.

If they ask later what you were doing, just tell them you were in the middle of pleasuring yourself and didn't want to have to start all over.