Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do when the doorbell rings??

I was getting ready for halloween, I had makeup on and it happened...I was prepared to do it, but told my young daughter to answer the door (she needs practice)... she wanted to, but she doesn't know what to say so I coached her from the other room... 'ask them what they are selling'....her 'what are you selling...'...guy at the door, 'nothing, I'm from the gas company...', 'tell him no thanks'. kid, 'no thanks, bye...slam'. Later, I told my daughter she just learned that people selling stuff lie and not to listen to them.
    Chickie

I opened up the door for the ups guy while dressed up as Kate. Just wearing my wife's shirt, and some leggings. (I will need to post pics soon). He rang the bell and walked away. I opened the door and got my box and i just waved to him. Prob passed at that distance.

Banned Read only
    There is only one window that faces the street. Before I get dressed I draw the drapes. If the doorbell rings I just don't answer. In my area USPS, FedEx and UPS leave the deliveries at the door. Since their trucks make distinctive sounds, I know it's them anyway. Sometimes our mail is put in the wrong box and the neighbor will deliver it. If I do not answer they leave it in the newspaper box. I also screen telephone calls in case a relative is trying to tell me they're standing outside.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by gen8890
    What to do when the doorbell rings?? Newbie question: What do I do when I'm getting all girled up - lipstick, eyeliner, makeup and wig on - and the doorbell rings! Argh! I know - all of you experienced girls say 'You can't live a lie', 'be yourself', etc. Well, I still need to have some privacy in my life, and dressing up is one of the private parts. If my dim-witted macho neighbor is at the door, well this hobby of mine is none of his business. But what do I do? Pretend nobody’s home? What if I want to play music while I'm having fun, then obviously someone is home. Well? Help!
    [SIZE="2"]I ignore the doorbell, unless it rings two or three times in succession. Of course, there’s no reason for the doorbell to ring – I have no friends (locally), I’m not overly connected in a neighborly way, and I sleep during the day, working at night in my studio. During the day, the cars are in the garage, and there are no signs of life. At night, very few lights are on – does anyone live in that house? In this atmosphere of inactivity I can crossdress in peace, and once I’m dressed I will completely ignore the doorbell if it rings. After all, in many ways “I” am not home…

PS – I listen to music on headphones, so nobody can hear me…
    [/SIZE]

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Good thread ... reminds me of that moment many of us have experienced , unwanted visitors so you hide behind the sofa . That daft bloomin moment you peek over it and find the said person looking thru the window clearly seeing you ... lol .

Think on ... one good sign youre home - Facebook ( unless youve set it up private) . Those dreaded words read - " Hi mate , saw you online be over in 10 "

My parents recently remarked on the new spare key I'd given them . I'd forgotten to test it . "Does it work - we'd better check it out sometime , just for safety like "
    From then on everytime I dress alone I double lock the doors . Trouble is I've forgotten to unlock them a few times before wifey comes home . Which often results in questions of "what you been up to - the door was bolted fast "

That doorbell - it rings bringing panic , swearing , and alarm .
    I wonder if theres an opening for Olympic speed showering?
    Last edited by Shelly67; 11-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.

There is no law that says that you must answer the door. Being in the shower or bathroom is a good reason not to.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by joanna marie View Post
    The nice thing is that;
    Door bells and telephone rings are there for your convenience
    You don't have to answer if you don't want to
    AMEN to that sister.

I would check to see who it was and if it was no one that knows me then I would just answer the door and go with the flow.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

One time when I was trying to sell my house, I answered the door to a real estate agent and her client. They arrived without an appointment and I was napping in the living room. I was in tight yoga pants, pink satin slippers and a pink tee. I had completely forgot I was wearing it all and answered the door and went outside. They gave me a look and I asked them to come back later in the day. Suffice it to say they never showed.

A while ago house's were getting robed and the thief would knock on the door and if nobody would answer they would go around the house and break in through your basement window, a couple of time's i didn't answer the door and i would go to the basement and see if i could give a thief a surprise, but thank god it never happened. Another time on a Sunday afternoon a lady with a church group wouldn't take no for a answer and came back a few times, on the third time my wife asked me to do her a favor and answer the door while i was dressed. Well lets just say she never came back a fourth time i guess from seeing a woman at the door with a mans voice.

I ignore it - A few folks have a key so I may head to the bathroom if I hear a key in the lock.
    If anyone asks I usually just say I had the head phones on.

The worst for me was a friend who called from a few miles away
    I answered the phone and ended up in the shower scrubbing furiously :-)

Wow, thanks so much everybody for your replies. This site is really great, I feel so much less alone to know that I can 'talk' with all of you here.

Kisses to all,

gen

Its an excuse to do a speedy undress and make-up removal, I can do it in about 10mins, then they go away so I put it all back on only to find them knocking at the back door, then its a speedy undress only to find out its the electricity man looking for the main electrical board. Geez that grates me.

When I first got out of the service and started accumulating my femme wardrobe I couldn't wait to spend some long 'Billie' time. That chance came about three months later when my folks took a long trip and were going to be gone about two weeks. My problem came when I closed the curtains on the side facing our next door neighbors. My parents never closed the curtains-EVER because it upset the neighbor lady. Didn't really matter because most of the time nothing ever happened and it kept the neighbor lady happy. We never saw the neighbors look into our house.
    Well, I got all dressed and was sitting in the living room and trying on my makeup (first time I ever wore makeup) when all of a sudden the doorbell rang, and rang, and rang ad nauseum. It was the neighbor lady coming over to see why I had closed the drapes. I couldn't run into the other room because she would have seen me through the front door. I was most certainly trapped and did take off all my clothes and tried cleaning off the makeup as well as I could. Thought that it would be better to be seen naked than dressed en femme. She had a key to our house and went home to get it. I then rushed up to my bedroom and quickly changed. The next thing I know she was entering our house through the back door. I met her downstairs and she explained that she was worried about the curtains. She also looked at me funny because I still had some makeup on. I told her I would open the drapes back up which I did. I had to confine my CDing to the upstairs from that point on. What a bummer!

hey gen i do exactly that i pretend im not even there hopefully they just go away. then i always think... what if this guy is a robber. so depending on far i am into dressing depends on if i change back or if i leave it alone

This is us

My dining room is just glass, no drapes, so people can see everything. And if I did get drapes, it would be like putting up a giant billboard saying I do things that can't stand the light of day.

This past summer I left the doors open with the security Door/screen locked. Three times the door bell rang. I was wearing fem shorts and top with bra and forms. Very quickly removed bra and forms and went to the door. The mail lady had the best reaction = a great big smile!! The others were just a shock look and continued on.

I have a motion sensor on front porch that sets off a chime in my upstairs office. I have 3 surveillance cams on front of house (3 in back) with the monitor feed in my upstairs office, so I know who is out there. I have 2 way audio on one camera but as a rule, I do not acknowledge anyone at the door. I have the front door bell disconnected.

All of the louvers are closed across the front of the house. The back of my house faces south, so tons of sun through back windows. My car is always in the garage and windows are tinted so it is impossible to know if anyone is home. I have a sticker on the front door that says:
    We only answer the door to people we know.
    (That will keep a potential burglar guessing).

I have a killer audio system and blast music all times of day and night. It is mostly on below ground level and office on third floor, both on backside of house. So nobody can hear it outside. (I block my fireplace flue which would otherwise be a “speaker” directly to the outside). Access to back of house by car is impossible, since it is a valley.

I do not have a house landline phone on purpose. If somebody on front porch “calls me”, I can be “anywhere” I choose to tell them. Entering my property at night from back or front will light you up like a prison yard (if you manage to get over the fence, which is unlikely) lol. My friends all know to call before coming over. UPS/FedEx/Postal all know the drill with packages. All windows in back are treated with thermo tint. I can see out, nobody can see in so I can stand in front of windows dressed/naked, whatever.

Oh, I live alone. (except nights when I get “lucky”, lol).
    Life is good…

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good idea. There have been teenage arsonist gangs in nearby townships, so far I've only had things in my yard stolen. I have a large property with lots of foliage, so it's relatively easy to sneak around.

Answer the door and be the girl that we ladies are the only problem for me is that I need to work on my girly voice

Well, my next door neighbors know that I crossdress, so they'll be prepared -- or at least forewarned. If anyone elsecomes to the door, I guess they'll meet Claire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Would that be before or after I have the heart attack? I think I'd have to do the instantly be really, really quiet routine.

It's my doorbell and I'll answer if I want to.
    I'm on the side of those who say don't answer the door if you don't want to or can't because you're en femme. If someone gets offended for being ignored, suggest that they call first next time.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Sometimes you just have to. Furnace man came early to work on unit this afternoon. Had to ditch my sparkly flats. Now if he will just leave..

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Knock on my door without calling first just might get you shot. I've been known to carry a gun to the door just because i have it in hand. Your guess, are you feeling lucky, then open the door and walk in. Come to the house without calling first, when the lights are off at night and you will spend time with the undertaker. During the day, take your chances.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)