Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hospitol proceedure and shaving

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Had the same procedure several times and each time I was shaved and not a mention of it by the folks performing the test. I would just remind you to be sure and make sure you do not see both of the doctors hands on your shoulders.

I have had a couple of operations and I had shaved everything from the ears down the night before except the runway strip. I noticed that nobody looked at all. Most good doctors and nurses are so focused on getting the proceedures done that it doesn't cross their minds. The probably look at you and say hey this guy is clean, showered, shaved etc and doesn't stink like some other people with lots of hair and BO etc...

The people doing the procedure could care less. I would everything good and smooth that morning and not worry about it. I have been there and done that myself. Hugs Riki and good luck I hope all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    ... If is doesn't hurt that much why would they put you asleep???
    It's not that it will hurt, you have to be able to breath through it and relax. Even if you elect not to take the drugs you will be prepped just in case you need a little help.

you'll be fine

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    You girls are the greatest, AAMOF I just shaved today with the venus, Oh so smooth and silky. I will probably not elect to have my toes polished cause I don't wanna stir too much attention. So you can stay awake during this if you want to. If is doesn't hurt that much why would they put you asleep???
    It's weird. It's not the same as if you were having an operation and they had to give you anesthesia. The stuff they give you puts you in a twilight state where you are sort of half-asleep. They can talk to you and tell you to move this way and that, but you won't remember any of it.

This is fortunate, because there are some embarrassing things that happen. My wife was with me while I was waking up, so she got to tell me all about it. I'll just say that in order to get a good view, they have to put air inside you. When they're done, the air has to come back out....

The worst part of the whole thing, though, is the prep the day before. The procedure itself is nothing. You go to sleep, and you wake up. No biggie.

Leave it until the night before and Veet it off, no stubble means you can claim alopecia
    Samantha -x-

You will wear a gown and they will put a surgical drape over everything except the area of immediate interest. And the doctor will be totally focused on what he sees inside you, not your outside, anyway. You can't shave "up there" and as far as I know, there is no need to!

I thought my polished toenails might arouse some interest, not that I had any intention of cleaning them off, but in my case, they surprised me by letting me leave my socks on throughout the procedure.

- Diane
    Last edited by Diane Smith; 11-10-2011 at 01:57 AM.

I had a heart attack a few years ago and there was no time to clean off my toenail polish, when i came to in the helicopter during transport the lady and i were talking a little and she whispered in my ear that my toenail polish was better than hers. I said thank you to her and i wasn't embarassed at all. She then told me that one of the nurses had told her and she had to look. It was a nice thing for her to say and it made me feel feminine allover.I was wearing some pretty panties too but no one said anything about that.Have a fem day

I see things in my office that make shaving look like child's play. I always shave to present a clean appearance. MD's and nurses have seen it all, and consider it is just people living life.
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"