Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hospitol proceedure and shaving

hospitol proceedure and shaving

As in another post, come early october I love to shave my legs well I kinda went witha total smooth look all over this time. I am at that age where they have to do a test or screening . it has to do with a probe and your rear quarters. I don't know if they put you out but , I know you have to get into a hospitol gown for the proceedure. Should I stop shaving my legs or not care and shave the morning of the testing so they look and feel great.... delimia here

Just shave them. The doctors and nurses aren't going to care one way or the other. It's not going to be that big of a deal to them. I took my mine physical completely shaved and had to endure the dreaded finger probe lol.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I think I know that procedure and do wish you the best of luck. I would not worry about the doctor and his nurse. Just go as yourself and let them deal with it, and I would guess that they have dealt with it many times before.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Denise Shave them! Good luck with the test!

Hugs
    Trisha

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Several years ago I had a garage accident; which required a hospital stay of three days. No one said anything about my shaved legs. My doctor did have a lot of fun telling everyone that she saw, to ask me who painted my toes though. It was weeks before the bandages came of my foot, before I could remove all of the polish.
    Dana Ryan

Aspiring Member
    You care much more about it than anybody else.
    Don't worry so much. Do what comes natural to you.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I wouldn't worry about it. Many men shave their legs for a variety of reasons. It not just a crossdresser thing. I am an avid cyclist, and banged up legs are much easier to care for when hairless. enjoy your smoothness!

Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    Several years ago I had a garage accident; which required a hospital stay of three days. No one said anything about my shaved legs. My doctor did have a lot of fun telling everyone that she saw, to ask me who painted my toes though. It was weeks before the bandages came of my foot, before I could remove all of the polish.
    Wow, that Dr. open themselves up for a nasty lawsuit. My wife is a nurse, and they have to be very careful about any type of privacy issue. If people see it themselves and ask you...no big deal. If the Dr. is advertising it...big deal! Major policy violation!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

go ahead and shave your legs...your doctors and nurses are not going to say a word...i had a procedure done and they didn't say a word ...i even had a test in the groin area, and a woman came in and was going to shave that area...then she looked at that area and said, " looks like i don't need to shave that area'..

wendy

Gold Member
    Whenever you have a procedure, there is more to worry about than your hair. Do what you want to do and save the worrying for the big stuff.

I shave my body all the time and don't think anything about it. a few years ago I had a problem with a rash on my legs mainly and went to the DR, he was looking at the spots and ask if I shaved my legs. I told him yes and that was the end of it, he first thought maybe that was what was causing the problem but after I told him I had been doing it for years it left him out of ideas and he sent me to a skin DR. It was nothing bad something that happens to a lot of older people and it only took a little cream to take care of it.. and when it jumps up again the cream is there.

Starr

Denise don't hesitate to shave your legs. Let me tell you how the procedure will go, been there and I will be there again later this month. You will put on a very fashionable gown that will possibly show about half your calves, rest assured, no one will even look at your calves. You will hop up in a bed and they will give you a blanket. They will wheel you down to the exam room, have you roll on your side. The doc will say hello, the anesthesiologist will say good night and you will wake up right back where you started. No big deal. I have had the same doctor for many years and started shaving down below. During my physical he never batted an eye

Had that done last spring, I shave that morning of like I do every morning. They will give you a sedative and you won't feel a thing the prep is the hardest.

Denise, Ellie's got it down, this is exactly how it go's you wont see,feel or know a thing until the doc comes in and tells you the results, piece a pie errr ah cake yeah thats it cake!! not to worry, shave'em baby!! Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    This is serious business and evidence of professional misconduct. I would complain in writing to the relevant medical regulatory body about the privacy breach with the particulars. In my case it is the College of Physicians and Surgeons of ...

Denise, medical professionals are not supposed to talk about shaved legs, nail polish, or anything else to anyone under pain of disciplinary action from their regulatory body. Go ahead and do as you wish without fear of consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    This is serious business and evidence of professional misconduct. I would complain in writing to the relevant medical regulatory body about the privacy breach with the particulars. In my case it is the College of Physicians and Surgeons of ...

Denise, medical professionals are not supposed to talk about shaved legs, nail polish, or anything else to anyone under pain of disciplinary action from their regulatory body. Go ahead and do as you wish without fear of consequences.

Wow, I didn't have a problem with what happened, nor do I now. When I was first asked about my nails, my wife told them that our granddaughter painted them and everyone thought that, that was cute. I ended up showing my doctor pictures of me dressed and she was cool with it.

I still like to joke around with people and have a good time. VMMV
    Last edited by DanaR; 11-09-2011 at 12:22 PM.
    Dana Ryan

...if you go to the hospital with shaved legs and wake up after your procedure with painted toes....you better check if they made any other modifications. ;-) I would go with your freshly shaved legs and just tell the nurse you thought you would help her out by doing it in advance.
    Chickie

Don't sweat it, just shave.

I went to the hospital the other day and didn't shave. Lol, I figured if they are gonna be messing my body around the last thing they should be caring about it whether I've shaved.

I will mention though, that I was told not to wash in "lotions and potions" before my procedure, so if I wear you I'd shave at least a day in advance rather than the night before. If you wash the night before, no make up or bubbles. I ended up having to eat an ice cream in the bath to make up for the fact I couldn't have my bubbles before I went to hospital.

Also, I was told no nail varnish on either fingers or toes. According to the nurse who ran through all my details first they need to see the skin under your nails as its a good indicator of whether your body is working well while your under aesthetic.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    ...if you go to the hospital with shaved legs and wake up after your procedure with painted toes....you better check if they made any other modifications. ;-) I would go with your freshly shaved legs and just tell the nurse you thought you would help her out by doing it in advance.
    Hopefully they use a cute color.
    Dana Ryan

Don't worry. First of all, your legs will be mostly covered; second, the people doing the procedure will not care.
    Hugs, Carole

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    As in another post, come early october I love to shave my legs well I kinda went witha total smooth look all over this time. I am at that age where they have to do a test or screening . it has to do with a probe and your rear quarters. I don't know if they put you out but , I know you have to get into a hospitol gown for the proceedure. Should I stop shaving my legs or not care and shave the morning of the testing so they look and feel great.... delimia here
    Been there, done that. Shave them. They don't care. That's going to be the least of your worries. If it goes the way mine did, they won't put you completely under, because they need you to be responsive. You won't remember anything though. Thank goodness.

Go ahead and shave.

I have had several procedures when someone in the operation room had to shave the area that was being worked on.

All I got from the person that had to do the shaving was a big thanks after telling them I wanted to do it myself.

Really Denise they are professionals

They don't give a darn about the outside, as they are looking for colorectal polyps. They don't put you out in fact you can elect not to take any drugs, as I did.

Saying that - I would go for the fresh shave.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    Uh...just had the same procedure done today. They did put me out and it was really nothing.
    As for the shaving...well, I'm smooth all over and have been for about 8 years. No one said a thing, nor would they if they are professional at all. Doing otherwise would leave them open to various impropriety accusations which I am certain they would not want.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

You girls are the greatest, AAMOF I just shaved today with the venus, Oh so smooth and silky. I will probably not elect to have my toes polished cause I don't wanna stir too much attention. So you can stay awake during this if you want to. If is doesn't hurt that much why would they put you asleep???

I've had it done....shaved that morning...like everyone said, they could care less.
    Also last fall I had lipo surgery on my right knee. I shave my legs(well everything)
    every couple of days. When the nurse begin to prep me she just smiled and said
    I was going to shave you but you are already clean as a whistle. I have been shaving
    for about 15 years on a regular bases. By now all my family, friends, and doctors
    have seen my smooth bare legs. Go ahead girl, you're fine.