Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Question For Everyone TS/IS/CD Or Otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    My wife and I managed to have sex for 9 years without conceiving a child, and could have continued that indefinitely. Having children wasn't a side effect of some other motivation. It was a conscious decision based on the fact that we both wanted a child, and felt we had reached a point in our lives where we could raise one well. When we decided to have a second child five years later that was also a decision based on what we wanted in our lives.
    Having offspring for gratifying feelings is socially induced, and this is also somewhat of a new phenomenon in the history of our species. It's only existed for much less than 0.1% of our time on the planet. Besides, if you didn't have a sex drive, you wouldn't be having children, either. The whole romantic connection is hormonally induced to keep the parents together long enough for the child to be able to function more independently so as to have a better chance to survive.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    My motivation to breed some time in the future is multi-faceted.

1: Simply to experience it at least once before I die.

2: I'm the last male with my family name. Seriously. If you some how were able to create a more comprehensive family tree than my father and I've been able to dig up over the past few years, you'd see it. You can look all the way down to... 20th cousins, or whatever, and I'm the last male with the family name.

3: Because most GG's seem to want a family eventually. Just like most G...Gs? Genetic girls ------> Genetic... Guys? You know what I mean. So yes, there is easily the potential for pressure. Especially if I end up with my dream girl, who'd be Japanese. Definite desire to have kids there.

4: To experience it at least once before I die.

I won't question your use of the word breed, reason being if that is the outcome of having sex then we(my wife and I) were breeding. That is what sex is for, having children. Some may think that it because it feels good. But if it didn't feel good you wouldn't do it. I never thought or made a decision to have kids, we just became pregnant.

Sure kids are costly now a days. This is only for people like me without a whole lot of money. But there is no doubt that I can find it easy to spend some on them and some on me and the Mrs. I help them and from time to time they return the favor. I love them all I told them of my need to dress in women's clothes and they understood. I didn't say they liked it but they understood. Your children would love you if you could have any or at least one as you would love them. I know a person my sister wishes she had had a kid, she still does and she is in her sixties. I feel sorry that she was not able to keep the ones that were terminated due to her age at the time.

Some good people have kids and some bad people have them too. Some kids grow up to be good and some don't. I turned out pretty good and I am a CD'er. This maybe the only time I can't say I am a girl that looks like a boy (smile). I don't know if I answered your question but I sure enjoyed typing it.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Having offspring for gratifying feelings is socially induced, and this is also somewhat of a new phenomenon in the history of our species. It's only existed for much less than 0.1% of our time on the planet. Besides, if you didn't have a sex drive, you wouldn't be having children, either. The whole romantic connection is hormonally induced to keep the parents together long enough for the child to be able to function more independently so as to have a better chance to survive.
    Studies show that the belief in social and/or biological determinism is a consequence of having either an under- or over-privileged upbringing, which causes a chemical imbalance in the brain, which in turn leads one to think that nothing is ever the result of conscious, rational choice.

Julia, I have never been and never will be a biological father but when I married, my wife had a daughter from a previous marriage. Through the years I considered her to be my daughter as well and received such joy from watching her grow into a young woman. I still have the "Worlds Greatest Dad" home made certificate on my wall twenty years later.

I started there because I have always believed, as some have pointed out, it was selfish to bring a child into this world due to it's sorry state. I will add however, at one point in my marriage my wife said there was a chance she was pregnant. It turned out to be some sort of cyst, but for a little while my heart actually soared at the prospect of being a biological father. Perhaps this was that biological imperative in action, I'm not quite sure.

Banned Read only
    Thank you for your continued responses.

Julia

I didn't feel any kind of base impulse to have children, they just sort of happened as these things sometimes do. My wife had a child from a previous marriage, and we planned on having at least one ourselves. Hilariously our first was conceived while my wife was on birth control, so while it was surprising, it wasn't unwelcome. Our second was not exactly planned, but not exactly prevented, either. I love them all and wouldn't trade them for anything.

As for hindering my lifestyle choices, I will admit I keep things under wraps around my stepchild, but with my own, not at all. They've grown up since birth seeing Daddy wearing a skirt, it's normal to them. We're raising all of them to be accepting and open minded, so that they can make their own choices, and when the eldest is at a point where we think he can deal with it in a mature manner, I'm sure we'll let him in on things, too. I'm glad that they are living in a more tolerant society than what it was like even twenty years ago.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Because my Wife and I sincerely wanted a child,and I love my boy unconditionaly and if I ever consider my Son a burden to me,then take me outside and shoot me in the head,for that is the day I become a soulless b*****d.My boy means the world to me.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Julia, I understand your question and unlike many, am not offended by it or your wording.

I've never had a strong desire to have children and most of it has to do with my CDing. As far as my family is concerned, I'm totally in the closet and don't see any possibility of coming out, at least, not anytime soon. In any case, I don't think it would be responsible of me to breed, to only later in life find out that I want to transition, and then put those children through the psychological trauma to have daddy turn into a TS woman. Heck, even if I don't transition, but say they find my femme stuff one day... how pathetic, traumatizing, and unnecessary would that be? At the same time I'd run to post here "oops outed by my kids" (like I've seen a few times), what would those kids post in their own little forums... "oops, found out daddy is a tranny"?

No thanks, not for me. So, exactly because I'm not entirely sure about my own gender issues, I feel children would indeed be an additional burden. It is already hard as is to both entertain and hide my dressing, I can't imagine having to do it with children of my own to take care of.

One last comment, and I know that I'm going a bit off-topic, so bear with me. I'm amazed at how fast some people passed judgement that they feel "sorry for you" because of your question and your wording. One would expect a little more open-mindedness from peers posting in a site like this. Guess not. That very intolerance is, IMO, something to be truly sorry about.

Banned Read only
    Thank you both of you. :O)

Julia

Well I for one aplaud you for yor posting. I personaly am Ok with the word "Breed" but I know some find it offensive or too scientific. I dont have children and that will always be a regret. However I have worked with children throughtout my life so I think I do have a clue. Children can be a burden. So can spouses, parents, friends etc. Anyone who says differently may be fibbing. Children like any relationship is tuff, there are demands and struggles. The definition of burden is a "Load, duty, responsibility" according to Websters.
    I dont think any parent in there right mind thinks that children arent a responsibility, and that it takes time and it takes work to be a parent. Maybe the reason there are so many messed up kids is that people are unwilling to accept the burden that being a parent is. They want all the joy without putting in the time and work. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by msginaadoll; 11-26-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: mispelled word

I have seen a few responses that state in essense that procreation (not sure how that is any better a term than breed, but ok), is a biblical, or moral responsibility, or even a biological one. So how are people that through nature are unable to procreate? How are they to fill that expectation?

Sometimes I too think that people who have kids have them for entirely selfish, and self centered reasons, others definitely are brought into this world out of the expression of true love.

I for one will not bring a new mouth into the world to feed. My economic status would not be able to support said child. The cost of raising one child has gone up exponentially over the last 3 decades, and I know that I even with financial support from my spouse could not do it. It would be unfair to the child, unfair to me, and unfair to my spouse, resulting in a very miserable marriage.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Banned Read only
    There was ever a question of "should we" just "when"

Trader was no feeling of have to or being guilted into it. We both wanted it we knew we would be great parents. Kids are a burden and a fantastic reward.