Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG trapped in my own home!!

OMG trapped in my own home!!

My heart is still pounding and I am stressed as can be.....

following my post early today over limits etc...my wife took the children out for the night and I had my Jess time....didn't bother with much makeup..threw on a dress , heels and wig and started doing some work....I thought it would be fun to take some pics so I started altering the computer camera, and stepping back into the hall by the front door, to take some snaps...after 5 mins or so the phone rang..it was my wife saying she was on the way back and giving me time to change...whilst I was mid conversation a very heavy and loud banging on the front door broke the conversation...I made my excuses and ended the call...and sat panick stricken in the study...by the front door with no way out of the room that would not pass the window by the side of the front door....for a full 5 mins I sat there as the person repeatedly hammered on the door in a forcefull way...not saying a word...whoever it was must have known I was there as I had the lights on and had been talking openly and loudly to my wife...I did not hear them leave but waited a full 10 min before stipping off and making a dash for the bedroom...thankfully , they must have left...now I am wondering if they saw me posing for the camera as they walked by...or wether it was as simple as a neighbour calling round to have a chat/beer...

either way they have taken 5 years off my life...folkes around here are not that tolerant and as per my earlier post my wife does not want neighbours knowing our private life, and I have tried to respect that lets hope this does not become a problem and the secret is out...gulp!!!.

Oh my, this our worst fear! I have had close calls too, and feel the same way about the neighbors, and strangers. I close all the blinds, lock the door etc, or simply stay away from windows and keep my male clothes nearby for a quick change. I would think if they pounded that hard, they did not see you or if they did, realize it was you. If I walked up to a friend's house and saw what you think they may have, I would turn around and leave. I think most people would. I'm thinking it will be okay for you.

Good luck!

Thank for the words of comfort Marleena, I spoke to my SO just now and she reckons it was the husband of the friend she is out with...if he has seen...o'shit !!(excuse the language), but I am hoping you are right and that he would have made a bolt for it rather than comfronted...also if he was sure I was there I would have thought he would have called out or something...eeerrmmm...gulp ...hopefully anyway!!

As for not recognising me...not a chance of getting away with this one I was in girl /guy mode i.e virtually no make up , just wig shoes and dress...I was not trying to pass just trying to relax...a blind person on a galloping horse would have seen it was me ..!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you were seen you'll find out real soon I imagine! Perhaps a note on the front door would help the next time! ''DO NOT DISTURB!'' Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

You should have opened the door and if they said anything tell them your wife was punishing you because she thought you were cheating. It was this or a Chasity cage.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

My fingers are crossed for you Jessica! I still feel whoever it was knew somebody was home, but did not see anything they weren't supposed to.

If, and this is a big if, you are challenged for "not answering the door", you can always say that you were soaking in the tub.

That will tell whoever it was that you are not in a position to discuss the evening.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

My worst fear too sister.
    I always have a change of clothes available in the bathroom and the light is on.
    I come to the door late, I was in the washroom....
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Jess, I have been in your cloths..ugh, I mean position many times myself. Panic does not describe the feeling very well, but as you say it takes years off your life. Nothing ever came out of all my near misses and I'm sure things will be okay between you and your neighbors. Sometimes our mind can be our worst enemy, when we start thinking about all the "what if's".

It's amazing how sudden that stress/panic appears when you're home alone and not expecting anyone and hearing a pounding on the door. The last thing you want or need is to have such an quick ending to an otherwise pleasant time and to feel trapped on top of it makes it even worse.

I've experienced that same type of incident once before and nothing came of it. Maybe they thought you were home but couldn't hear them knocking so they kept trying. And if anything is ever said to you, who will argue with the excuse of being in the bathroom and unable to get to the door.

Sorry to hear about the terrible time and the stress you were under. I can certainly remember what that felt like!

Of course, if whoever it was did think they saw a woman in your house while your wife was away it could be a completeely different story!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Around here... I just answer the door as I am (pausing only long enough to get "decent".) My house, my life.

that has happen to me a few times

I strip and get the door unlook it say come in as i walk away with any thing over my but saying I be right back . tellthem hay i was hanging out naked while I had a empty house. or if I can I get to the door late and say cought me on the craperLOL

Nope, it would have taken 10 years of my life!
    I bet almost all of us have been there at sometime.
    Tell me, did you take your pulse at the time Jessica? My pulse is running at 100 just reading this.

Hugs, SUZY

That is one of my largest fears. Atleast your wife knows about your dressing. I have those same close calls but with my SO
    Be Yourself

Aspiring Member
    A few years ago I had almost exactly the same thing happen to me. I am sure I was seen. Nothing every came of it and I am still good friends with them.

Kitty

You we're just fooling around with some halloween items you were putting away and was going to scare your wife and felt embarrased to answer the door when it wasn't her... no big deal!..
    Chickie

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    I would say yikes! That was close call so now relax and laugh about it!

Hugs
    Trisha

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    This has happened to me a couple of times too.
    Dana Ryan

Thanks girls....can sound the all clear now...the guy who called round visited this afternoon ...did not mention anything and if he did see something (which I now doubt) it has not affected how he acts around me...thank goodness as it was the SO's best friend, if that had been messed up I would have been for the high jump...!

Like the idea about the "do not disturb sign" might try that next time !!!!

There is absolutely NOTHING that says you must answer the door, and many reasons not to. You do not need to make up excuses, you do not need to explain ANYTHING; it is your prerogative and you do not have to exercise it, period. The same applies to the phone or any other interruption.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Yes Donnalee, I agree.....the pressure I felt in this instance was because I was right next to the front door, it was obvious I was in and had been talking and laughing loudly, when the knocking started...it was I suspect it was obvious I was in the room and whilst I stayed put and did not answer the door...it could easily appear rude if you know the person you are visiting is in, just by the door and doesn't answer.....

Ah. The joys of the game. Soon, you will be laughing this off. Nice photo, BTW. Best wishes.

I had a similar event just two days ago, on Friday. I had gotten home from work, showered and had just put on my forms and a bra to hold them in place while the adhesive set well. I had on warm sloppy sweats otherwise... Unexpectedly the door bell rang and then a knock followed. I have a neighbor who is out of work and occassionaly bums smokes from me- I assumed it was he at the door.
    My GF got up to respond but I assumed it would be a waste of her time to go down and answer it, so I lifted my sweatshirt, peeled my tacky forms out of the bra and hurried down to answer the knock, grabbing my cigs as I went.

It turned out to be a UPS delivery!!! Bah! I'd have left my forms in and still answered that knock if I'd known. I've greeted assorted delivery people in various stages of 'dressed' and leave to them to deal with it.

I just don't want to blatantly 'out' myself to the neighbors, though. Having said that, last week I was fairly fresh from the shower, wearing silk pajamas and a very fem floral dressing gown, when a knock came. I thought it was the expected dinner delivery and instead it WAS the smoke bumming neighbor. He got an eyefull, I know.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

Quite a heart thumper isn't it? lmao, sorry Been there far too many times in the past. Everytime thinking I would have a heart attack. Wait until you lock yourself out of the house dressed. Been there, had to kick down the door and then come up with a good excuse as to why the door had 8 screws in it that were never there before. Wait until you forget to lock the doors and a friend walks in unannounced. That one I made it into the shower fully dressed and soaked!! and had to yellout I would call them later when I was finished showering. What a mess that one was!! Wait until your neighbor comes over and catches you walking around outdoors. Mine caught me in a deep plunging sexy red dress and heels. I freaked and froze. She asked me if Kevin was home and I said I'd tell him to call her. She be-lined it back to her house. later I told her it was me she saw and I was practicing for a house party where we all were switching roles and asked her to keep it quiet. She told me she thought I had a hooker at the house and didn't want to stick around. lol I'm sure there are more I forget now.