Thread: Coming out to my sister!!!

Coming out to my sister!!!

I think tonight is the night that i come out to my sister. Two things one is that i am bisexual, actually more gay.... and i am also going to tell her that i feel more comfortable wearing womens clothing then mens. is it to early to tell her i want to be her SISTER?????? What should i do?

You should do what feels right for you. You gave all the facts for your situation that we do not have. Follow your heart, follow your gut. It's a big step to be sure but I'm guessing you've chosen to come out to your sister for a reason. Good luck and let us know how it all goes.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Step one: Slow down, girl!!

Tell us about your sister. Is she the type that is easily frightened? Does she handle change well? Did you dress for her or talk to her about this in the past? You are about to throw her a few curveballs. I would try to prepare her a bit first.

Of course, only you really know your sister. You already know pretty much how she is going to take it, and if she will tell other family members about it as well.

Kathi

My sister is absolutely amazing... but i do know its a little much.... this will be the first time i dress in front of her.... should i show up dressed or talk to her first??? Honestly i know she wont judge me thats why i want to tell her and not anyone else in my family yet....

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Definitely talk to her first, and see if she would like to see you dressed. Take it slow, and at her pace. We tend to want to share this secret at 90 miles an hour, it seems. She'll be there for you. You have time.

Kathi

You are the only one that know your sister well to decide, i know i wish i could tell my sister, if it is me i could stay your remember back when we were kids and i wore your dress to suprise you at one day, well i really like dressing as a women, but that is me i would talk first and ask can i dress for you and get your opinion how i look. good luck girl, i waiting to hear how it comes out, but i know if you two are close, i would bet she will love for you to be her sister.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Definitely talk to her first, and see if she would like to see you dressed. Take it slow, and at her pace. We tend to want to share this secret at 90 miles an hour, it seems. She'll be there for you. You have time.

Kathi
    Agree with this thinking, so it saved me some typing. Good luck!
    Last edited by Marleena; 11-12-2011 at 04:49 PM.

honestly i think as soon as i tell her she is going to want to do my make up.... im closer to her than my parents.... and she is so open i know that

Kathi is right a little prep work will go a long way, better than just opening up with both barrels so to speak. Remember your sister has feelings too. I still think you should follow your heart but with a little temperance.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

well i did it!!! it was very casual and she said that she was accepting of it.... she asked to see me in what i brought.. so i went to the bathroom and put on my thong and yoga pants and sports bra and sweatshirt... i walked out to her saying "wow you have a better ass than most girls" i smirked and she immediately asked if she could do my make up..... i was then the shocked one.... she told me she wants to make me over sometime and go out!!!! love her

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    What a great sister you have!

Hugs
    Trisha

my sister is also very supportive. when i told her about my bisexuality, and my crossdressing. she was very cool about it, we went shopping, went partying, and cought a movie. she even tried to hook me up with a friends of hers(guys and girls) . its always good to hear that others are lucky as me. just sucks that my sis moved 8 hours away by car. i hope you have as much fun with your sis, as i have with mine.

Wow how awsome would it be to have a sister like that and to be able to tell someone about your crossdressing, what a wonderfull sister you have best wishes to you girl.

Wonderful story, thanks for sharing! Embrace the relationship that is to come! I wonder how many others have had experiences like this with their sisters. I'm an only child, but I'd think coming out to a sister is easier than coming out to a brother -- much like I find it easy to come out to GG's, difficult to come out to guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

i am so happy for you, i thought the way you talk in the thread, that their was so much love it would work, enjoy the time you two can spend now as sisters, you are a lucky girl,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeGirl View Post
    well i did it!!! it was very casual and she said that she was accepting of it.... she asked to see me in what i brought.. so i went to the bathroom and put on my thong and yoga pants and sports bra and sweatshirt... i walked out to her saying "wow you have a better ass than most girls" i smirked and she immediately asked if she could do my make up..... i was then the shocked one.... she told me she wants to make me over sometime and go out!!!! love her
    I love stories like this with a happy ending. Your sister sounds awesome,and supportive too! We all need that.

That's great, I'm so happy everything worked out for you.