Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Men's Cut Better for WOMEN?

Men's Cut Better for WOMEN?

I had something happen to me that I figured y'all might get a kick out of since some of you like to think that all GGs are crossdressing 24/7...

I AM NOW!!!! Seriously. I am basically being forced.

So, I have to have a uniform for nursing school that consists of the following items: a navy blue Polo, khakis (that must be pretty loose), brown leather shoes, a brown leather belt, no jewelry, hair pulled back, a fanny pack (yes, you have read that correctly), brown socks, and minimal makeup.

So, it already is rather masculine in and of itself; however, I have to wear a MEN'S Polo. Every woman was specifically told by the dean to order a men's Polo. Her reasoning was that the "women's polo was not cut with a woman in mind."

While wearing this suit, I look kind of like a dude. I feel really awkward about my appearance and just generally hate the way the day is going when I am wearing it.

My girlfriend and I used to go to lunch together between classes (I was in uniform), and I was handed the check by the waiter. You should have seen my face. My friend fell over laughing and said, "Aw, honey...you don't have to buy me lunch!"

My SO came over to my apartment one night after I got in from school and we were supposed to go out to dinner. I was still in my uniform...he had never seen me in this uniform before. I opened the door and he said, "Oh...uhm...wow. That's what you wear to school?" I rolled my eyes and said, "Yes, this is what I have to wear. It's also laundry day. Would you be embarrassed if I wore this to dinner?" He laughed a little and said, "I mean...no...I wouldn't be embarrassed per se...but...you know..." I threw up my hands and said, "Yes, I look butch! I know! I'll just have to wear dirty clothes then!"

So, anyway, now every Monday...I feel like I am crossdressing and I think fondly of y'all. You can say without a doubt that all of the GGs in my nursing class are crossdressing...we are wearing clothes designed for men. And, it makes for a GREAT Monday.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Another humorous story you provide us with.It's kind of like revenge of the crossdressers.lol

That is sooooo funny, as I am still laughing about you getting the check and what your friend said. Thank you for posting this story.
    All I can add is just today my gf and I were talking about cloths and why people wear what they do. She said some ladies wear tops that cover their complete chest, because they think only the SO should see what is under the cloths. Maybe that is why your instructor wants you to wear mens tops...she feels only an SO should see your chest and projects her view onto the students. Just my 2 cents.
    Love you posting here with us, cross dressing crossdressers, you crossdresser you. hehe

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Nope..nope..not gonna do it..no way..no way I'm gonna even try to imagine you looking like a dude...ur just too pretty for that to happen

But if it has to be, its okay if you CHOOSE to crossdress..we won't hold it against you or think that you will make other dudes jealous because you look more masculine than them..... That is too funny..anyway..feel for you and all the other students, thanks for taking it in stride and sharing.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

What a funny story! I am a nurse, and I swear they just try to embarass nursing students. The uniform I had to wear back in the day looked horrible on men and women. I literally burned it in a fire pit outside when I was done.

Quote Originally Posted by April_Ligeia View Post
    What a funny story! I am a nurse, and I swear they just try to embarass nursing students. The uniform I had to wear back in the day looked horrible on men and women. I literally burned it in a fire pit outside when I was done.
    Yeah, we have this white little get-up that we have to wear to the hospitals. I didn't think it was for real. I was talking to my friends at lunch and I said, "I think it's stupid that we have to buy that white uniform! It's not like we are ever going to wear it to the hospital!" They looked at me kind of funny and said, "Honey, that's the uniform for clinicals..." I was like, "WHAT?!? I thought it was just for meetings, or nursing rituals, or something! OH MY GOD, WE WEAR IT IN PUBLIC?!?" They laughed and told me that I wasn't in a sorority anymore and there are no uniforms for rituals in nursing school. It kind of looks like what we wore to formal chapter though. It's a little creepy.

And, white? That's just stupid. It's going to look dirty in two seconds. I like it better than the polo and khakis though...at least it's made with my gender in mind.

We also have to tuck in that polo and I feel like I am walking around with a muffin top all day. I thought tucking in a shirt looked nice...it doesn't. I take it all back.

EDIT: Also, I have figured clothes didn't matter that much. However, I can tell you that I have a complex every Monday that someone is going to think that I am a dude. The waiter apparently just thought I was a big ol' lesbian, but he was only half right. And, it was the first time ever that my SO was embarrassed of how I looked. So, now I have this complex and dread of Mondays. All because of stupid khakis, a man's shirt, and shoes that seemed to have no particular gender in mind. So, clothes matter!...I don't like looking manly. One of my friends does kind of dress manly and binds her chest. She may be FTM, but she has never came out with it. She's a lesbian and is pretty masculine, but that's how she has always been. She always gets a kick when she sees me in my uniform because she knows how girlie I can be. She told me I look more comfortable and would be more successful on a horse in that outfit than the other crap she has seen me wear, but she said she couldn't handle my expression or self consciousness. And, when I held the door open for her, she said that she was a one-woman kind of gal and I was barking up the wrong tree. I hate my friends. I really do.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 11-12-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Aspiring Member
    consperacy thery , someones doing a study, and your the guinne 's

the happy camper
    I'll bet you're the cutest guy ever.

Fortunately, it ends, and then you can wear what you want.

Thanks for the smile I really needed it tonight.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Knowing you Hon, I don't think there is any way I would ever consider you looked like a "dude" no matter what you are wearing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This is too funny

I can imagine your expression as your friends tease you about this

On a serious note I am surprised the dean was allowed to tell you to order a man's polo shirt
    ( maybe he knows it's not cut for women because he is a CD ? )

I cant imagine you ever being mistaken for a man
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Shan,

You are definitely becoming one of my favorites here!

You mean nursing students don't dress like this:

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Don't feel bad someone I know has just retrained after being retrenched, He has just started with a nursing service (who provides the uniform) and was doing inservice training at a retirement home. His uniform is navy blue with white trim at cuffs and neckline. It consists of pants and tunnic scrubs type top. He is very prode of it. What he hasn't realised (his GF and other friends have) is that it is a female top with darts in it for breasts. Obviously they don't have many male nurse staff. No one has the heart to tell him if he was to find out he well probably go ballistic lol.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Also, I have figured clothes didn't matter that much. However, I can tell you that I have a complex every Monday that someone is going to think that I am a dude. The waiter apparently just thought I was a big ol' lesbian, but he was only half right. And, it was the first time ever that my SO was embarrassed of how I looked. So, now I have this complex and dread of Mondays. All because of stupid khakis, a man's shirt, and shoes that seemed to have no particular gender in mind. So, clothes matter!
    Thanks for the honesty about your reaction. It's an interesting take on CDing, of course, but also a great illustration of how life sometimes hands us interesting perspectives when we least expect them!

Lea

I wish a teacher/supervisor/ or anyone in authority had told me to wear something from the womens department, I would have jumped at the chance. Well it is "a mixed up jumbled up world, except for Lola". Good luck in school and enjoy the experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

now, that's just plain wrong.
    that's like asking Grace Kelly or Marilyn Monroe to wear Jerry Lewis' clothes. a complete waste of glamour and sophistication.
    Shannon - please graduate quickly!

Well, that's what happens when you let all those regular guys in nursing schools!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

So funny. All this talk and no pics. I don't believe that you could ever be mistaken for a dude.

So I have some ideas for you to girlify yourself. Wear some of the girly perfume you told me about. Paint your nails. Bright pink. Tie your hair up with a ribbon. Wear a pink watch. Oh, and a girdle or corset to help with the muffin top.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Shan, just tell that supervisor that you re not a crossdresser, and just what does she mean a womens polo was not made with a women in mind, was it a trick to get crossdressers back in the appropriate clothes? Funny what a person will do just to get a very hard job, good luck in school, we need more of our own in the medical field.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

[QUOTE=Debglam;2655036]Shan,

You are definitely becoming one of my favorites here!

i agree, i see your picture and can't wait to say what you have to say on the subject. I can't not see anyone think you could be a guy to cute for that. good luck in school.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    So funny. All this talk and no pics. I don't believe that you could ever be mistaken for a dude.

So I have some ideas for you to girlify yourself. Wear some of the girly perfume you told me about. Paint your nails. Bright pink. Tie your hair up with a ribbon. Wear a pink watch. Oh, and a girdle or corset to help with the muffin top.
    You ain't getting pics of me in this!!! HECK NO! I'm killing this polo with fire and pretending it never happened after I get done with school!

Also, we can't paint our nails and they must be kept short

Edit: Also, I don't actually have a muffin top. Lost that when I lost 35 pounds! But, if you have ever tucked a shirt in then pulled it loose to look neat...it makes a muffin shape. It looks just awful.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 11-13-2011 at 04:36 PM.

...that is funny. I'm with ya Shanan. I don't really want to wear boy clothes either!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

I have always felt women had the advantage because you can wear most anything you wanted when it came to clothes. After all, you are wearing a uniform.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I have to admit I've read my share of Forced Feminization stories and this forced Masculinization is nothing like any of them. Good luck.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.