Thread: Should I have said something?

Should I have said something?

I was at VS today to take advantage of the 7 for $26 sale, redeem a free pair of panties and get a new yoga pants. I was at a register that they setup in the middle of the store for credit card purchases only and both a male and female SA were operating that station. I gave them my bag and he commented that I had a lot of panties and must be making up for something I did wrong (a joke which I got, but so untrue). He is a cool dude and I have seen him at this store for a couple of years now so no problem with him working there. While he tried to make small talk about my large selection, a woman and her teenage daughter stood next to me waiting and the mom looked shocked that a man would be buying so much female items. She then asked me if I came in here by myself? "Yes" I responded and keeping my answers short and brief. She said that her husband would never come into a store like this out of embarrassment. I told her I have no problem being in here and have made lots of purchases as I handed my Angels card to the female SA who also commented that some of their stores are almost entirely staffed by men. I added that VS was started by a man to make lingerie shopping more comfortable for men since the old dept stores are a bit of fuddy duddies towards that. Well she was surprised that I would be so willing to shop in a VS and comfortable touching womans undergarments to which I told her it is just underwear.

On occasion, I have shared that fact that I am cder with some people and I would have with her but the presence of her teen daughter stopped me. I didn't feel comfortable sharing that info incase the mom wouldn't react well to some bearded guy talking about cding in front of her innocent teen girl. Had it just been the girl standing in line and commenting on my purchase, I might have said something.

Has anyone been in a similiar situation? What did you say or do and what was their reaction? I don't regret not saying anything but I would have liked for them to all know the truth that we exist and you never know what guy might just be a cder.

The presence of the teenager changes things considerably. If it had just been adults in line a comment would have been appropriate (and probably fun.) With the woman's daughter silence was probably your best option. While the teenager most likely would have had no problem the mother could have taken issue with your presence. While I am, like you, unafraid to confess my crossdressing when out shopping I am far more reserved when around children.