Thread: Socks and Breasts

Socks and Breasts

As crossdressers, we all have to start off somewhere. Although I have been a crossdesser my entire life, I did not recognize the importance of breasts until sometime during my teenage years (imagine that – lol).

Unfortunately, back in my day, it was not like I could simply log on to the nearest computer or smart phone, and order a nice pair of realistic, silicon breast forms off of the internet. But even if I could have logged on to a TI99-4A or an Atari 400 and placed such an order, I was removed from the breast market by simple virtue of lack of sufficient funds.

So, undoubtedly like many here, I began my breast days by filling my bra cups with socks. Specifically, I used two socks for each breast. But they were not just any socks. They were my “breast socks.” I did not use these socks for any other purpose.

In fact, I had each sock folded precisely in such a manner as to best approximate the shape of a natural breast, and I took great pains to ensure that my “breast socks” remained perfectly folded at all times, and ready for immediate use. I remember once dropping a “breast” while dressing, and the two socks that composed the “breast” came unfolded. I was crushed, because it had been perfect! At least perfect, in so far as it is possible for socks to compose a breast, but I digress . . . .

Fortunately, however, I moved on to silicon breast forms long ago. But I still fondly remember those days of innocence, simplicity, and exploration, where using mere, plain socks for breasts was good enough, which allowed me to create and maintain the illusion and appearance of femininity I so desired, craved, and needed.

In this, my socks were but simple, non-descript, typical, average socks. They were quite basic, bland, and of no real consequence other than their intended use of covering one's feet. But these socks were my breasts! They were my breasts, and I loved my socks for this!

So what did you use for your first pair of breasts? Socks, balloons, or perhaps a ball cut in half? I have no doubt, unlike me, that there are some creative girls out there . . . .

Btw, not that this is some crazy, profound, or amazing thread, but I do want to thank TGMarla for the inspiration, and for the fond memories I have revisited while composing this thread. Specifically, the inspiration came from Marla's 6,000th post here. You should check it out. Unlike this post, Marla's 6000th is fantastic, and well worth the viewing . . . .

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    My first experience with fake breasts was in a theatrical production in high school and they were cloth filled with some sort of beads. So when I started dressing and needed my first breasts I used balloons filled with rice. Its a wonder I wasn't attacked by a marauding flock of birds, although they would have definitely come in handy had I gone to a wedding en femme. Needless to say thank goodness for the advent of the internet and silicon.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Ah yes, breast socks, sure didn’t feel like the real thing, but them what did I know, I hadn’t started dating yet and had no idea what a real breast felt like and only knew what they looked like thanks to Playboy. I also tried the foot section of an old pair of pantyhose filled with various materials such as beans, rice, etc. Rice wasn’t too bad but it made a noise that was a bit disconcerting when it shifted around and if pressed was a bit slow returning to a nice pleasing shape without some prodding. Later I discovered water balloons, and by then I knew what a breast should feel like, and if a large enough balloon could be found a fairly good breast could be fashioned, but again there was that noise problem only now it was the sloshing of the water. But the big problem was the abrupt end to a pleasurable time en femme when the damn balloon broke. I was practically in hog heaven when I ordered some foam rubber breast forms, with cloth covers, from the Sears catalog. They looked good, they felt good, only they didn’t weigh but about an ounce, but they were the best thing I had found yet, and only I knew they were really lightweight.
    Babs

Haha, yes, fond sock memories here too, specifically Hanes tube socks!

I started dressing before socks were invented!! But we had 2 hamsters and they worked great as long as you stuffed a little bit of cedar shavings for them to bed down in!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Nice thread Anne! Think we've all been there. In my case it was pantyhose in the bra, my favorite girlie thing in there. Never tried water ballons, I had a fear of getting soaked with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I started dressing before socks were invented!! But we had 2 hamsters and they worked great as long as you stuffed a little bit of cedar shavings for them to bed down in!
    Darn you Karren! I almost spit my coffee out lol.
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-15-2011 at 01:04 PM.

a bit nutty
    I'm STILL using socks. I can't really just order things like silicon breasts and have them delivered to my door. My wife may know of my tendencies, but to see prosthetic breasts may drive her over the edge. At least right now they may. In time I may be able to obtain them but until then sadly my socks do double duty. I just have to make sure I use a clean pair....

Ginger

I remember trying to use socks when younger, but the itchy feeling just drove me nuts, and it wasn't as if I could explain to my mum why I needed socks which didn't make my chest itch (that would have been an interesting conversation), so I just resorted to balloons filled with saw dust (my sister had a hamster and I figured they wouldn't miss it)
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Hey, back in the 80's it was all about the shoulder pads. Those worked pretty well with a padded bra. Thank goodness we've moved on, both in terms of silicone and leaving those shoulder pads back in the 80's where they deserve to stay!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Darn you Karren! I almost spit my coffee out lol.
    When they passed away I wanted two guinea pigs but we got two gerbils. Had to switch from borrowing my mothers bra to my sisters! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When they passed away I wanted two guinea pigs but we got two gerbils. Had to switch from borrowing my mothers bra to my sisters! Lol.
    No doubt. Sounds like a breast reduction there..lol.

I, too, used socks in my bra when I first started to "dress". Folded properly they worked OK.
    Hugs, Carole

Put one water balloon inside another and filled it with dish soap or shampoo. Worked sooooooo well, but always had issues making them perfectly the same size. So you could imagine my face when I was FINALLY able to afford breast forms!

Plus you got a bit of movement from the hamsters. maybe much better than limp socks?
    Babs

AH Noo...only one hamster at my house. Socks--one per side were fine for my figure. However, plastic bread bags filled with water, and tied with a knot worked nicely. A car wash sponge cut to shape looked fine--although a little high due to the lack of weight. And water filled condoms bounced nicely. Worked fine until...a cold week in my outdoor storage shed...froze hard as stone. Brrrr!!

Check out my new avatar. Not so distant--but closeups are not kind to me.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 11-15-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by CalvinH View Post
    Haha, yes, fond sock memories here too, specifically Hanes tube socks!
    Tube socks made the best breasts! I feel sorry for today's young crossdressers who have to use those sorry old crew socks.

I always did want something more realistic. My experiments with water balloons were not successful. I could never get an equal amount of water in both balloons, and anyway, where was I supposed to hide them in between? I'm so happy with my silicone girls now.

Girl, you so crazy. lol.
    Last edited by Sophie86; 11-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Yup. I started out with socks. But whereas certain kinds of socks worked best, I had no single favorite pair that I used exclusively for boobies. Eventually, I began using the old "pantyhose tips filled with rice, and tied in a knot to simulate an actual nipple" trick. This worked for many years. In fact, I was using these when I joined this forum. It was only about three years ago that I first got actual breast forms.

Anne....yer crackin' me up here! LOL

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I used double ballons filled with water - never a leak !

Anne, I started off quite the same way as you. Two of my sisters wore 34B bras and I would stuff them with socks when I was in the experimental stage of my dressing. I later progressed to water balloons but first I'll have to tell how that started. At age 16 I went to a halloween party dressed as a girl. A GG friend helped me with clothes and makeup and she came up with an idea to fill balloons with cooking oil. We did it and it worked but through the entire party there was the fear of them breaking and getting oil all over my pretty clothes. I used water balloons several times afterwards when I dressed at home.

In my twenties I discovered that Nerf balls were the perfect size to fill a 36C and kept a pair of matching nerf balls (as close to flesh color as I could get) along with my stash of clothes. At age 36 I made another important discovery, (actually it was somebody else who told me). I discovered bird seed filled knee high stockings made dandy forms, I could make them as large or small as I wanted, to fit my desired cup size and so I progressed to a D cup.

Now that I'm able to afford silicone, I have forms in several cup sizes (C to DD) so I can alternate at will. So there you have my tale of socks to silicone and I'll have to admit, they're the best forms I've ever owned.
    Last edited by Jilmac; 11-15-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I was extremely fortunate in that I had actual breasts at age 9!! That is when I started wearing a bra on doctors orders! I was a 36 B at that time, and grew into 40 B when in my teens! Other than my military time, I have worn a bra almost every day since age 9. Of course I am wearing one as I write this! I do not need embellishments for my breasts, as I think they are the right size for my body. That statement has been backed up by several professional bra fitters!! Oh yes, I do have pretty nice cleavage also!! And for those who may ask the question, yes I am a male!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Socks were my first,but then I found that a nerf ball cut in half (I never liked my breasts too large) worked great...ah the good old days.
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I was a member of the sock club for a long time.
    It was a big day when I was promoted to breast forms and now I proudly use my own breasts to fill my bra.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Banned Read only
    Teenage boys use socks for purposes other than breast forms!!

My first breast forms was to cut a Nerf baseball in half. I tried rice once, and, wasn't too thrilled. I'm still in the large water balloon stage. I've never had a balloon failure. Usually any manufacturing defects become apparent while filling them. I've found them inexpensive and effective.