Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Pink Fog Seasonal for you?

Is the Pink Fog Seasonal for you?

Hi,
    Through meditation and acceptance, I have come to point in my life where I am able to largely dissipate the pink fog. I understand the ultimate purpose of it is to lead me to acceptance of my feminine self. Once I accepted my feminine self, let's say capitulated, caved in, worn down, ground down, the fog dissipated and I could see and breath again.

Oddly enough, it is back. I understand the process and am able to step to the side to watch it unfold in my person, but it also upsets me because I thought I was done with this. I don't feel a total "victim" this time, I recognize it tendrils and have a pretty good idea how this will play out. Thus far, I am able to keep my head intact and not allow myself to become carried away with the fog.

Looking back over the past 4 years, I see a pattern and the pattern is also seasonal, that is, the fog seems to roll in for me around November and is completely dissipated sometime in January. November - January is also the time when the Northern hemisphere has the least amount of sunlight and I am one of those who like and enjoy my daily allowance of some sunlight. Thus, I wonder if there's a connection to sunlight or lack thereof?

Anyone else see a pattern?
    -Meri

Central Ohio

Yes, for me it comes in a around halloween!!! I must have spend over two hundred bucks on new petticoats, costumes, and online stuff too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy Kay View Post
    Yes, for me it comes in a around halloween!!! I must have spend over two hundred bucks on new petticoats, costumes, and online stuff too!!!
    Me too! I'm going to be broke soon.

For me it starts on January 1st and lasts until December 31st every year.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalA View Post
    I like that! I hope to arrive at that point.

Platinum Member
    I know I dress differently - when it finally cools off down here I can finally tap into my Fall/Winter wardrobe. As to "the fog", its less a part of my existence now that I have an opportunity to dress on a daily basis.

Although not related it's been know for awhile that the lack of sunlight or daylight hours due to location in the hemisphere is directly related to the number of caes of Multiple Sclrosis(MS). In the Northern hemisphere there is a much higher rate of MS, no matter what the country. As far as how the lack of sunlight affects our desire to dress or if it changes our masculin/feminine mood, I have no idea but it would be a interesting study.
    I know my mood definatly changes when there is less sunlight and the days get shorter. I think I know why bears hibernate all winter long. As far as my en femme desire during the winter months, I think for me it much more related to outside activites and the lack of exposure to the public. No longer are there BBQ's or sporting events, etc. that require me to dress en drab. I can dress en femme in comfort in the house and not be worried that I am becoming anti-social because I am doing so. This summer might be different but first we must survive the winter!

It's definitely seasonal for me. Usually when it turns into pants weather I shave my legs and keep them like that until it's time to let the hair grow back for shorts season. It gives me something to look forward to in the winter, and I really like it that way.

Yeah, that's about my season too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

haha!yeah, I'm trying to stay in that frame of mind always! Not a fog,though, but with a clear purpose of what I want!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

yes it is seasonal. i get this need in the spring for a cute dress, and in the summer i just can not pass up a nice summer dress, in the fall i must have a new pair of boots, to go with a skirt, and for the winter a great jacket with bells on it.
    i have this none reason to dress drab any more, except going to the Dr's office were insurance says "male" on it.

loni

I also find it seasonal, my seasons/pink fog hits every time the stores change seasons of whats on sale. Like Loni, I find something about every season that is special. Warm spring breezes in a short skirt, Summer shorts, peasant blouses, and sandals, Fall has it's blustery days that make long skirts and sweaters feel great, and then the winter comes, here that means rain, and cold days with a warm fire, nothing beats backing up to the stove and feeling the warmth on pantyhose clad legs. Oh yeah, it's seasonal.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

[SIZE=4]I made my very own Pink Fog Machine....it runs 24/7.

Got some of the parts from Karren.....
    [/SIZE]
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post

[/SIZE]
    Now I know why I haven't experienced pink fog in a long time!! I have no season any more... I don't have time for pink fog... Sigh....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Mine goes only 356 days at 24/7. I must be lucky not to be full-time.
    joank
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Although not related it's been know for awhile that the lack of sunlight or daylight hours due to location in the hemisphere is directly related to the number of caes of Multiple Sclrosis(MS). In the Northern hemisphere there is a much higher rate of MS, no matter what the country. As far as how the lack of sunlight affects our desire to dress or if it changes our masculin/feminine mood, I have no idea but it would be a interesting study.
    I know my mood definatly changes when there is less sunlight and the days get shorter. I think I know why bears hibernate all winter long. As far as my en femme desire during the winter months, I think for me it much more related to outside activites and the lack of exposure to the public. No longer are there BBQ's or sporting events, etc. that require me to dress en drab. I can dress en femme in comfort in the house and not be worried that I am becoming anti-social because I am doing so. This summer might be different but first we must survive the winter!

There is no firm scientific fact linking MS with lack of sunlight. There is a great deal of speculation about this and the fact that there are more cases in the north then the south. But they have never found acu link. I think you have read to many billboards around Seattle. Most of them saying that there are more cases per capita in the NW then anywhere else. Then go on to list possible reasons. if there is a concrete study. Point me in its direction. I love to learn.

That said for the most part I agree with the seasonal aspect. My desire lessens greatly in the summer for lots of reasons and then escalates in the fall and winter. Summer is meant to be outdoors and backyard BBQ.

Now my interest in fashion never lessens but that is a sepperate issue all together.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Natasha
    I am not going to touch this one and perhap I should n't have mentioned anything because its not directly related to the orginal thread. The National MS society is a great place for information.

Is it seasonal, no,,, However, it is easyer,due to the extra amount of parifinalia do do in cooler months, and there isn't as much going on in winter, so time is more on my side

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post

[/SIZE]
    Cheryl...your avatar is fantastic..You look wonderful...Just thought I'd mention that smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Definitely seasonal for me as well, the need to dress increases as the weather gets colder but maybe its only the convenience factor..

Banned Read only
    Ah, I'm a devotee to Judy Tyler who played Princess Winter Spring Summer Fall on the Howdy Doody Show in the 1950's. The only thing seasonal is the length of the sleeves of my dresses. The warmer the weather, the shorter the sleeves.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Now I know why I haven't experienced pink fog in a long time!! I have no season any more... I don't have time for pink fog... Sigh....
    Karren, don't you come from Planet Pink? I just wanted to mention that because I want to go there sometime....

Do I need to bring a lot of money?

In keeping with the spirit of the thread....no I don't have a seasonal Pink Fog. I just tend to dress even more in the fall and winter seasons, simply because it's cooler, but I dress as often as possible in summer, too. Now that I am fully dressing, and have a wig, I think I'm going to prefer fall and winter for the same obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Piora; 11-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    No not seasonal. Though I get out for more drives and walks when the weather is fine and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Natasha
    I am not going to touch this one and perhap I should n't have mentioned anything because its not directly related to the orginal thread. The National MS society is a great place for information.
    OK. Went there. All it says is they are studing the relationship between Vit D, that's the sun part and MS. No one has managed to prove the connection yet. It probable does but it has not been proven any more then through observation.

My cross dressing habits are still seasonal. Even after reading the national MS site.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

The holidays are special for me
    I think its mostly the extra time off and an excuse to buy myself a gift :-)