Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory Retention

I can remember my telephone number when I was just 7: VA-36816. It was drummed into me by my parents at the time we first moved into that town. I can remember my Army ID number as well. But...I can't remember where I spent my vacation in 1988, or 1997 for that matter. I can also remember the first time I looked with curiosity at skirts. I was about 4, in the summer of 1947, and was following my mother and grandmother as they strolled together down the sidewalk in Bramhall, UK. I can still see their skirts swaying as they walked, and their seamed stockings. Somehow it clicked, or opened a door in my mind, or something. I was 10 when I first found hose and put them on.

Banned Read only
    HI Jilleanne, I remember so many thing in life. I remember I got a toomy gun for my sixth birthday, I got a timex watch for my 8th birthday. I remember oh so well when JFK was killed, how they sent us all home from school, I asked my teacher why? She said the president had been killed. I said well he is no kin to me, for mom had taken me out of school when and kin people had passed away. I've won many bets when having discussions, then we get the topic proven, I win. I really can only speak for myself, but I feel that cd'ing has no bearing on maintaining or recalling old memories.
    Lve and Resect....................Tara

Quote Originally Posted by Tara-mxy View Post
    HI Jilleanne, I remember so many thing in life. I remember I got a toomy gun for my sixth birthday, I got a timex watch for my 8th birthday. I remember oh so well when JFK was killed, how they sent us all home from school, I asked my teacher why? She said the president had been killed. I said well he is no kin to me, for mom had taken me out of school when and kin people had passed away. I've won many bets when having discussions, then we get the topic proven, I win. I really can only speak for myself, but I feel that cd'ing has no bearing on maintaining or recalling old memories.
    Lve and Resect....................Tara
    You're probably right. I can remember every word to every Beatle tune but have to pause and think about my own telephone numnber.

Aspiring Member
    When I was a child our telephone number only had four digits, 2163. That was for local calls only. We had to ask the operator to dial a long distance number for us. Actually, our operator contacted the operator in the town where our party was located and that operator dialed their four digit number. I loved the old black dial phones with that over-sized handset. There were no area codes in the olden days; no zip codes either. Leanne

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    My first phone number? 714 821-0134 (I loved that number later since when I had to dial it, the dial would return to the default state quickly with all of those small numbers. It seemed to take forever to dial the 0 by comparison).
    As for address, it was 2818 Monarch Street San Diego CA 92123. I still remember my first credit card number (and all succeeding numbers), every bank account number, and almost anything numerically-related (which is odd as I really, really suck at math - I can't even help my kids with their homework after about the 6th grade!). So. I'm great at remembering little, insignificant details, however, I often forget birthdays (including mine) and lots of day-to-day stuff.

However, unlike many here, I can't remember my "first time" so to speak. I know it was young - around 6 or so, I believe. I guess that in this, like most other things, I'm just odd.

Kathi

Banned Read only
    Yes Jilleanne, I know every word to 90% of all Beatles songs. I do remember our phone number from the early sixties. I remember my first wedding anniversary. April 25th, 1986. My divorce from that marriage was March 13th 1991. Married second time March 15th 1992. I about to send a GF of mine that I have sent a birthday card to , her birthday is 11-20, I send her a card every year for the past 12 years. I send one to her husband too, 2-13. I see them maybe about once every couple of years and they wonder how can I remember their birthdays all these years. I can be around older people than me, and playing guitars and singing old songs from thier youth, and I play along and sing every word to all those songs.
    I was talking about memories the other day to my third wife. I was telling her how I remember so many things. But then again, I told myself that I can only remember things that I can remember. How can I remember things that I have forgotten??? I know I can't really prove the things that I do remember. But in my work, we need to set up a machine to machine a part that we manufactured three years ago, and I can still tell them the tools we need and what the dimensions of the part are before looking at the print.
    Maybe some cd's, but not this one though. I do type a lot of typos on here sometimes and sometimes I fix them,, but after a while, I don't care and just let it roll. I remember Stoney Burke, guns of will Sonnet,(Walter Brennon), Cowboy in Africa(Chuck Conners), Alias Smith and Jones, starring Pete Duel and Ben Murphy, then Pete duel committed suicide and was replaces by Roger Davis, Patsy Cline's hit song Crzy was written by Willie Nelson, First Tarzan played by buster crab, the Johnny Weismueller was the original Tarzan yell,and was used in all following Tarzan movies after that, and Ron Ely beong the last of the TV seiries. Pete best left the Beatles before Ringo, It was John Winston Lennon, James Paul McCartney, George Harrison, And Richard Starkey. Ringo was oldest and the shortest, George was the youngest. The song hey Jude lasted 17 minutes plus and was the first to be allowed to play to the full extent of the song ever before.
    I can call of my SS# by heart as well as my DL# and mt tag#,, I remember my first grade teacher was Miss Lines, she got married in that year and was Mrs, Buzzle, 2rd grade was Riddle, 3rd Gardner, 4th Well, 5th Anderson, 6th Rebecca Givens, I was in love with her, 7th, broke into all kinds of name I could recall. But I'll stop here. From my perspective, cross-dressing has no bearing on memory.
    well I could go on and on, so hard to prove what I say here.
    Love & Respect

For some reason for the life of me i can't remember the first time i put on pantyhose. I was sharing room with my sister at the time and remember wearing her pantyhose but i am not sure about the exact first time.. My sister would always wear mini skirts and for some reason she had no slips in a every women wore slips era, and God know's i searched. So my first slip must of been my mothers. I have lots of memory of wearing slips and pantyhose, but don't remember the exact first time. The funny thing i think about now and then is, i would wear the pantyhose with my boy underwear or wear only the pantyhose and i would relieve myself in the underwear or the pantyhose and till today i still can't believe no one said any thing. I put the pantyhose back in my sisters drawer and my mother would wash my underwear. They must have seen the stain. It makes me wonder.

[QUOTE=Kathi Lake;2660795]My first phone number? 714 821-0134 (I loved that number later since when I had to dial it, the dial would return to the default state quickly with all of those small numbers. It seemed to take forever to dial the 0 by comparison).
    As for address, it was 2818 Monarch Street San Diego CA 92123. I still remember my first credit card number (and all succeeding numbers), every bank account number, and almost anything numerically-related (which is odd as I really, really suck at math - I can't even help my kids with their homework after about the 6th grade!). So. I'm great at remembering little, insignificant details, however, I often forget birthdays (including mine) and lots of day-to-day stuff.

Good heavens girl, I guess I should have skipped attending Woodstock. I think it may have affected my........what was I saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Tara-mxy View Post
    Yes Jilleanne, I know every word to 90% of all Beatles songs. I do remember our phone number from the early sixties. I remember my first wedding anniversary. April 25th, 1986. My divorce from that marriage was March 13th 1991. Married second time March 15th 1992. I about to send a GF of mine that I have sent a birthday card to , her birthday is 11-20, I send her a card every year for the past 12 years. I send one to her husband too, 2-13. I see them maybe about once every couple of years and they wonder how can I remember their birthdays all these years. I can be around older people than me, and playing guitars and singing old songs from thier youth, and I play along and sing every word to all those songs.
    I was talking about memories the other day to my third wife. I was telling her how I remember so many things. But then again, I told myself that I can only remember things that I can remember. How can I remember things that I have forgotten??? I know I can't really prove the things that I do remember. But in my work, we need to set up a machine to machine a part that we manufactured three years ago, and I can still tell them the tools we need and what the dimensions of the part are before looking at the print.
    Maybe some cd's, but not this one though. I do type a lot of typos on here sometimes and sometimes I fix them,, but after a while, I don't care and just let it roll. I remember Stoney Burke, guns of will Sonnet,(Walter Brennon), Cowboy in Africa(Chuck Conners), Alias Smith and Jones, starring Pete Duel and Ben Murphy, then Pete duel committed suicide and was replaces by Roger Davis, Patsy Cline's hit song Crzy was written by Willie Nelson, First Tarzan played by buster crab, the Johnny Weismueller was the original Tarzan yell,and was used in all following Tarzan movies after that, and Ron Ely beong the last of the TV seiries. Pete best left the Beatles before Ringo, It was John Winston Lennon, James Paul McCartney, George Harrison, And Richard Starkey. Ringo was oldest and the shortest, George was the youngest. The song hey Jude lasted 17 minutes plus and was the first to be allowed to play to the full extent of the song ever before.
    I can call of my SS# by heart as well as my DL# and mt tag#,, I remember my first grade teacher was Miss Lines, she got married in that year and was Mrs, Buzzle, 2rd grade was Riddle, 3rd Gardner, 4th Well, 5th Anderson, 6th Rebecca Givens, I was in love with her, 7th, broke into all kinds of name I could recall. But I'll stop here. From my perspective, cross-dressing has no bearing on memory.
    well I could go on and on, so hard to prove what I say here.
    Love & Respect
    OMG, this is incredible. Oh BTW, you forgot to mention Abbey Road Album with Paul looking down while crossing the street in bare feet, play Number 9 backwards....well, you know. And Sir Paul, 27, Janice, 27, and Jimmy 27.

Best read my post # 33. I think it applies here also.

"Someday I hope to have only one hair in my head, and my hair falls out".

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    For some reason for the life of me i can't remember the first time i put on pantyhose. I was sharing room with my sister at the time and remember wearing her pantyhose but i am not sure about the exact first time.. My sister would always wear mini skirts and for some reason she had no slips in a every women wore slips era, and God know's i searched. So my first slip must of been my mothers. I have lots of memory of wearing slips and pantyhose, but don't remember the exact first time. The funny thing i think about now and then is, i would wear the pantyhose with my boy underwear or wear only the pantyhose and i would relieve myself in the underwear or the pantyhose and till today i still can't believe no one said any thing. I put the pantyhose back in my sisters drawer and my mother would wash my underwear. They must have seen the stain. It makes me wonder.
    No idea when I started wearing pantyhose either. In all fairness, they were not invented I don't think back then so everyone wore garterbelts and stockings. I still prefer hose.

[QUOTE=Kathi Lake;2660795]My first phone number? 714 821-0134 (I loved that number later since when I had to dial it, the dial would return to the default state quickly with all of those small numbers. It seemed to take forever to dial the 0 by comparison).

I really do not think I can honestly say I remember the first time I started expressing myself. I do recall many early periods of dressing in stockings at a very early age, but as for the exact age? Not really, probably 5 or 6, as I was in grade one I think and I started school at 5. I definitely do not remember the very first time I actually dressed but I wish I had a dollar for every time I did dress since the first time.
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-19-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jillleanne,
    Numbers are something that I have amazing recall of although I don't remember what I had for lunch today.
    I've found that it is easier to rember numbers in groups of three or four sets

About a month ago I sat down one night and made a list of the kids that I went to grade school
    back in the late 40's and early 50's I got 43 names on the list I'm trying to get a list from the local historical society
    I think that I may have missed one or two names maybe not.
    Back in the day forty some kids was a normal class size

Orchid

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    I find it incredible how a gender enhanced person can remember their first outing, their first time wearing hose, their first whatever, but they cannot remember to replace the empty bag of milk in the refrigerator. Why? I'm betting you cannot remember your telephone number when you were a child, maybe not even the address, and definitely not the zip/postal code. How many know their S.I.N. or Social Security Number without looking at the card? I'm betting few of us except maybe military people. So how is it we can remember so far back to childhood with regards to our gender expression? We can remember minute details such as color, where we hide things, things we purged, our first .....etc. Why has our gender expression impacted our memory to such an extent?
    Nope, never quite had that happen to me.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Originally posted by Jilleanne
    S/N???? What the hell did you do as a kid, steal cars???? lo

I haven't worked out how to copy previous replies yet.
    But I DID NOT steal cars. Lol.

"I was too busy chasing girls that wore clothes that I liked."

There are lots of little tricks you can employ to help remember peoples' names. One effective method you can use when you are meeting a person for the first time...

Is to say their name when you are shaking hands with them. Then immediately punch them in the face.

Hey, I said it was effective...I never said it was a sane thing to do...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    There are lots of little tricks you can employ to help remember peoples' names. One effective method you can use when you are meeting a person for the first time...

Is to say their name when you are shaking hands with them. Then immediately punch them in the face.

Hey, I said it was effective...I never said it was a sane thing to do...

I suppose that works along the same lines as," if your left arm is paining, stick a sharp object into your right leg and you will forget all about the pain in the left arm?"