Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you Googled your Femme name

Platinum Member
    I have and I came up with a number of people, including my doppleganger! She's female, my age, and has the same last name...so weird.

Follow your dream.
    I've got a goodie: Jill Devine also happens to be a radio DJ. The radio station actually contacted me to do an on air interview. She thought it was so cool when we traded emails that was actually a guy; she tried several times (plus the producer) to meet on air. For some reason, I decided not to do it. True story!

No problem... I blend into the distance.. as if I was never here..
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Yes, I've googled Hannah Feldman, also in Google images. I'm surprised how many hits there are. Also googled Hannahf7 and I seem to be a very horsey woman. Nothing seems to link back to this web site.

Hannah

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    There are a ton of hits when I Google mine. The two most prominent are a film producer and a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist sent me an IM on face book introducing herself that was cool.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I chose a name that I thought was quite unique and reflected my Scottish heritage, the surname anyway because I was going by the name of Nicole at the time - not very Scottish. There were lots of people with that exact name on a Google search and none of them me. Recently though I've been going by the name Carla, inspired by the Coronation Street character. I just checked and I'm not the only Carla McNabb out there.

Banned Read only
    Yes a few times. Loads of results, a few were me but also loads on facebook and other networking. A fine selection from body boarders to physicists.

I just googled the femme name I use and came up with a person who makes and sells a line of womens shirts and other apperel. It seems that her brand has become quite popular in some specialty stores.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

8rys, going on walkabout
    I am in the clear, which is a little ironic since I have been using my alias as my default profile on almost everything for the last year. Which is the way I really want it. He on the other hand is a internet hot mess I need to fix that before I get my name change.

I searched for my name on google images last night. I'm everywhere and on everybody. Ever checked out stylebistro.com? there's a whole slide show of me on many different famous women!

Also, google images indexes flikr, so the search 'talbots dress' will show pics of both me and Michele Obama on the same page!!

Best,
    Skirt Suit

When I google on my femme first and last name in quotes I get one hit, a site that simply took all possible first and last names and put them together in all combinations.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Gold Member
    When you search mine, outside of Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn, you get a DJ (Hi Jill!) and a real estate agent. The DJ sounds more exciting. Went through several pages and didn't see myself. Saw a lot of people sueing each other.

Under both names, I am me. Articles I have written and employment. I guess I can't hide
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I only found a Georgia Hall, Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist, National Institute on Out-of-School Time, Wellesley Centers for Women; a residence hall (Georgia Hall) at Valdosta State University; a MySpace and LinkedIn profiles (neither are mine) and that's about it. Nothing from here popped but I didn't look beyond the second page of results.
    --------

I get this old painting of a smiling woman painted by some guy from Italy!

I googled Debbie Lawrence and got 21 million hits. I deliberately chose Debbie because it was a very commonly used name. Lawrence was my great-grandmother's maiden name. She was a homesteader who homesteaded in Missouri with her husband, a circuit preacher. When her husband ran off with the Organist, she lost the land (women weren't allowed to own land). She homesteaded in Montana, and scared off the railroad men and cowboys who usually burned out the farmers. Then she Opened a Bath-house and laundry in a mining town (Miner's would pay a week's wages - a year's wages to normal people) for the first bath. Because that gave them best choice and first.

My google search produces a "black OPs" game title (which totally unrelated, but rather applicable to my interests in real life, lol)...and little else connected directly to me.

I take many steps to try and keep it that way. I spell my "name (eluuzion)" in the manner that I do for a reason...it is not a recognizable/proper English word, so it is not a target in bot searches, etc. or a predictable choice for random data nets hunting me down. I have also taken action to remove it from all sites like Spokeo, Radaris and the other people search giants, as well as providing lots of "disinformation" whenever I can, to confuse the hunters. I also take care to never use my "signature" on any forum posts, pic titles, etc. on the net. Simply doing that will prevent most of your posts on forums from showing up in a search.

This is one area when my goal is to be as "unpopular" as I can be...

Hide-n-Seek in the real world...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

With a name like that, who'd be surprised!

I bet you're a right rocking raver when you get going, Scarlet!

I've got a concert pianist (I only got to grade 5 myself)

And a florist!!!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 11-18-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: merged
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Just scanned my fem name & got lots of hits. The most interesting was a Playboy centerfold (4/72).

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Try this one out: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=renee+walker

All sorts of info about names.

Google turns up a Kathy Smith who seems to have a keep-fit fixation. Definitely not me!
    However, allmusic found a jazz singer of the same name for me some time ago. I wasn't upset about that and eventually tracked down a copy of her cd. Nice stuff. A local s/h record shop just happens to have a vinyl copy too ... :-)

There appear to be a few Kathy M Smiths around too. If I'd known that I may have picked something like Kathy Potrzebie Smith!
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

A Google image search of my femme name brought up a picture of a beautiful red haired woman who looks a lot like Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter. Maybe if I wish really hard...

(I'm pretty sure it would be an invasion of her privacy to post the picture, so that's why I haven't)

If I google "JosieCD", I have to make sure it doesn't give me "Josie CD" instead - which is mostly "Josie and the Pussycats" on CD.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

yes i just did this a couple days back.
    so Loni Evelin Jansson
    is in english lore
    loni = solitary
    Evelin = life.

in Swedish (source of the name)
    Jansson = son of Jans.

and strange enough this is my life..but my mom and dads names were not "jan".
    and no i did not chose the name Loni Evelin Jansson from the results just like them. then found out the old lore meanings.