Thread: What does it mean?

What does it mean?

Subject line is simply rhetorical, but the question has been lingering as my recent fog storm is dissipating.

In the last few days, Lisa let loose and went hog wild with no fear outside the house.
    Shopping, nail salon, partially dressing in public, hanging out at FoH trying on corsets and bras, and wearing heels, bra, and makeup with my drab clothes.

Over the past 24 hours, the fog has lifted quite a bit, but I'm still walking around with heels and wedges, showing off my pretty pedicure.

Will this go away? Or have finally crossed a line of comfort and confidence?
    What does it mean? (rhetorical)

Use this confidence and build on it. You are on a roll and there is no reason for it to stop. It may be a period of progression and you don't know where it will lead.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaKarenAZ View Post
    Will this go away? Or have finally crossed a line of comfort and confidence?
    What does it mean? (rhetorical)
    This might be only a question you can answer. For me, I accept who I am...with that comes comfort and confidence.

Sounds like a tad bit of Gender Dysphoria Lisa.. Wave upon wave of ever increasing thoughts of you becoming something else. But hey I'm just talking here..

You're completely correct. That is a question of self reflection and inspection.
    I wasn't really asking to get an answer. It's something only I can answer, but thought it would be good fodder for a discussion.

Is it just me? Or is it common for others to question their own level of self acceptance after the pink fog rolls in and then dissipates? For me, I question if my increased level of confidence will remain or wane. I wonder if it was just the fog, or if there was truly an increase in my ability to overcome fear and nervousness.

Congratulations, sounds like your self confidence has moved up to another level. I think it becomes more common as you become comfortable and more confident with yourself and who you are. About 3 months ago it took me 3 try's before i finally got the nerve to look at (very quickly) and buy a 3 pack of Hanes microfiber panties. Last weekend I was in CATO and bought a sweater dress and a top and had a good chat with the sales women. I didn't tell them it was for me (almost did but not quite there yet), told them I was shopping for the wife. I think as I learn more about myself and learn to like who I am, it doesn't bother me near as much what other people think. Still need to do the makeup and nails, and I have a really strong urge to get my ears pierced, just haven't figured out how to explain that one to the family or people at work. I'm sure these things will come with a little more time and confidence, just as they have already and will continue to come for you as time goes by. The pink fog is a wonderful thing but when it lifts you will need the confidence to stand on your own, secure in who you are.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Accepting yourself is a major step in your life and happiness! The 'fog' may lift some but is bound to retrun! When it surrounds you embrace it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

It means your not as far in the closet as you use to be!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I doubt it was Just a fog. It may come and go in waves but your confidence is growing.

Banned Read only
    Is it just me? Or is it common for others to question their own level of self acceptance after the pink fog rolls in and then dissipates? For me, I question if my increased level of confidence will remain or wane. I wonder if it was just the fog, or if there was truly an increase in my ability to overcome fear and nervousness.
    I am glad to see you are questioning your level of acceptance. If you weren't I would say something might be wrong with you. Questioning ourselves is how we determine just how comfortable we are with what we are doing. Once we decide how we feel about it our confidence either grows or wanes. As our confidence grows we overcome things like fear and nervousness and go about enjoying our lives.

It means you were supposed to come to our house and cook dinner,vaccuum, do laundry and iron, and then sit a spell with a nice glass of wine and then take out the trash.
    or
    it may mean something only you can answer.

"No fear"..... Being comfortable is a great feeling. But I've always felt a little fear is a good thing. Keeps you grounded. Keeps you from getting into bad situations.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks girls for the responses.
    LOL @jillleanne. Sounds like fun to me. Unfortunately, I don't have a French maid uniform or 6" stilettos yet. I'll have to keep your idea in mind once I do.

Thanks girls for the responses.
    LOL @jillleanne. Sounds like fun to me. Unfortunately, I don't have a French maid uniform or 6" stilettos yet. I'll have to keep your idea in mind once I do.
    Way ahead of you sweetie. I have all those things!!!( wink wink) My s/o may have something to say about it though. Best I run it by her first. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    Way ahead of you sweetie. I have all those things!!!( wink wink) My s/o may have something to say about it though. Best I run it by her first. lol
    LOL. Ok. Wink wink. Just let me know what time to report to work.

LOL. Ok. Wink wink. Just let me know what time to report to work.
    Asked my s/o about this a few minutes ago. I have been advised there will not be any more girls like me in this house claiming "that skirt or top" is hers, and the sounds of another pair of high heels clip-clopping around on the hardwood floors would prevent her from ever getting any sleep. Oh well, nice try. lol

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    "No fear"..... Being comfortable is a great feeling. But I've always felt a little fear is a good thing. Keeps you grounded. Keeps you from getting into bad situations.
    Says the miner ...!

Lea

The feeling that you have reached the point of no return is a big one... so this is the where the story really starts?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    Asked my s/o about this a few minutes ago. I have been advised there will not be any more girls like me in this house claiming "that skirt or top" is hers, and the sounds of another pair of high heels clip-clopping around on the hardwood floors would prevent her from ever getting any sleep. Oh well, nice try. lol
    Oh snap! And I just got my feather duster out and cleaned it up. Guess I'll just need to use it around here. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. That's one thing that scares me about the fog. As the years go by, it seems that the fog keeps getting thicker and thicker until it seems to cloud any rational judgement. Is it just me? Or do others feel this way too?

Honestly, I prefer to call it the pink tide, instead of the pink fog.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. That's one thing that scares me about the fog. As the years go by, it seems that the fog keeps getting thicker and thicker until it seems to cloud any rational judgement. Is it just me? Or do others feel this way too?

Honestly, I prefer to call it the pink tide, instead of the pink fog.
    I didn't have to get older to have this happen. My will to prevent being caught quit at about 25 years old. I forgot more stuff around the house, in the bathroom, in he car, in my office, in the bedroom, all over the place. Looking back now, I guess I just didn't want to hide stuff any longer.