Thread: 1st post

1st post

Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for years and finally joined.

What prompted me to join was a recent experience. I had to go away on business, well, I'm an Army officer and it was temporary duty. Before leaving, I had read how some of the ladies on here have no problem walking into a store and buying what they want. I thought about that as I drove. I finally decided that those ladies have it right. It is my life and I can buy and wear what I want.

So, I was stopping overnight and was near a Kohls. I went in, went to the lingerie section, found a night gown I wanted and Bali Skimp Skamp panties. I didn't even get a basket but just walked up, waited in line and bought them. I even chatted with the cashier, who was friendly as can be.

The next day, I went to J.C. Penney and bought a turtleneck and a black pleated skirt that went right below the knee. I also bought a bra and some black tights. Then, I bought some VF panties so that I had enough for everyday of the week. I wore them under my uniform and felt great. I also bought a six-pack of cotton panties to work out in, which I did every day.

It was a great 8 days. I want to thank the ladies on here because your words gave me the strength to be myself, if only for a week. Brooke

I still get nervous when I go to Walmart to buy a bra. i'm working on it though.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Hi Brooke!

Glad you found strength to be yourself!

Hugs
    Trisha

Welcome Brooke!

That's a great first step! As Trisha said, just being yourself!

Debby

Hey, if you haven't seen this yet, take a look at this thread Army, ya ain't alone!

Welcome Brooke! Glad your here! I've bought about everything but the bra but planning on doing that tomorrow. I have purchased 2 dresses, a top, tights, thigh high stockings, a pair of panty hose, a skirt, a cami, 2 1/2" knee boots, and a wig all at different stores. The guy at Walgreens said I would look good in the panty hose, I just snickered and said yeah, when the wife says "since your going can you pick these up for me"? and that was it. I called the wig place and was strait and up front with him and said this is going to sound weird but I need a womens wig and I'm a guy. He said it didn't sound weird to him and to come on over so I did. He said there were quite a few crossdressers that come in and some of them even came in with their wives and the wife picked out their wig. He asked me if my wife knew about my dressing and I said she knew about some of it but not the full scope of it. So far I haven't had any negative experiences.
    Last edited by Pamela Kay; 11-17-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Glad you made so many purchases, I shop all the time in drab and dressed and all of the sale associates have been helpful. The favorites I have are Dress Barn and Kohls.,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Hi Brookes, and welcome to the forum. Your first step in buying clothes took a great deal of courage but now that you've gained confidence it will come easier. As a navy veteran I can say that I kept several pairs of panties in my locker and wore them as often as I could under my uniform. But there was always the constant fear of being caught by my shipmates or officers. You probably have much more privacy being an officer so getting caught is less problematic.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Hi Brooke!

Funny how buying our own stuff can be frightening, and then after we do it it becomes much more comfortable!

Glad you've made the breakthrough. Now you're moving into a world of less anxiety, more fun!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I think it's great you were able to do that! You proved once again how brave you are!
    My hat is off to you! Thank you for the service and the potection we need! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlana View Post
    I still get nervous when I go to Walmart to buy a bra. i'm working on it though.
    To help get over your nervousness, buy a bra and then take it back. If you do this a few times, I'm sure it will become easier.
    Dana Ryan

It's not as big as you once thought it was until you do it a couple of times, just act normal like you would any other time your there not buying woman's Clothing, and those cashiers don't care what have as long you pay for it what's the difference What your buying????
    Last edited by Natalie_393; 11-18-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Welcome Brooke! Retired Navy here and you are among friends so dive in!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Kay View Post
    I've bought about everything but the bra but planning on doing that tomorrow. I have purchased 2 dresses, a top, tights, thigh high stockings, a pair of panty hose, a skirt, a cami, 2 1/2" knee boots, and a wig all at different stores. The guy at Walgreens said I would look good in the panty hose, I just snickered and said yeah, when the wife says "since your going can you pick these up for me"? and that was it. I called the wig place and was strait and up front with him and said this is going to sound weird but I need a womens wig and I'm a guy. He said it didn't sound weird to him and to come on over so I did. He said there were quite a few crossdressers that come in and some of them even came in with their wives and the wife picked out their wig. He asked me if my wife knew about my dressing and I said she knew about some of it but not the full scope of it. So far I haven't had any negative experiences.
    Pam, you need to tell me where you shop or take me with you next time. Especially for the wig...
    --------

Welcome Brooke! I hope you will be happy here
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Brook, glad you had a great week, I'm closeted but have shopped in drab for years, only had one sales person that ever even gave me a funny look, I smiled back at her and she wrung it up and I left JCP with my first waist cincher. Shopping can be almost as much fun as wearing it, once you get used to it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    With all the challenges you face in life, buying panties and skirts should be the least of your concerns. I'm glad you overcame that obstacle. Isn't it great to be yourself.

Now that I am just beginning to get over the embarrassment of shopping for women's clothes, I'm discovering a bigger problem: how do you find a cute top that will go with the skirt you've picked out?

I think I am going to understand women a lot more really soon!

Oh, oh. do I detect another shopping addict in our midst? Look quickly! A blue light special!!! Come on ladies, we must be first!!

It is funny

Hi again. Thank you all for the encouragement. You've actually been giving it to me for a long time, although vicariously as you gave it to each other.

It is funny that I have been to war, served a tour in Afghanistan and have faced some difficult moments, but was so afraid to pick up, walk to a counter and pay for some nylon with lace and a cotton crotch that no one would see again.

Well that is over. I'm wearing a pair right now and feel great about it. However, my wife does not know and i miss that skirt and sweater!

Brooke

Welcome Brooke!! Just watchout, JCP and especially Kohls can become very addiciting! Have fun. Sarah
    Last edited by Sarah V; 11-20-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I haven't made it to Kohls yet but it is definitely on my list of places to go. Had some time Friday and went to Ross and Walmart. Didn't find anything at Ross that really set me off, looked at bra's in Walmart (a first for me) and didn't really find what I wanted, even had the sales lady help me and tell me the difference between some of them. So I have crossed another hurdle as well. I went to CATO and bought a sweater dress and a top from the sale rack last weekend, talked with the sales lady who was very nice and helpful but told her it was for the wife.

It get's easier, just takes time to build your confidence. Have almost told them it was for me but haven't got that brave yet.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Sounds good to me. I have been shopping for years. The only thing that I have a problem with is size 11 wide shoes. They are hard to find anyway so I just order them. Just watch out for the PINK FOG.

Thank heavens it was only an 8 day trip. If it was a 30 day assignment you would be broke! LOL! Glad you had a good time. It's kinda a rush to go in a store and buy something isn't it?

I don't know if it was a rush or not.

Ellie: I'm not sure it was a rush, I was just happy. It as nice taking my time, looking for what I wanted and then wearing it. I hope to do it again soon. Brooke.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes4242 View Post
    It is funny that I have been to war, served a tour in Afghanistan and have faced some difficult moments, but was so afraid to pick up, walk to a counter and pay for some nylon with lace and a cotton crotch that no one would see again.
    Isn't that the truth! Trust me Brooke, it get's so much easier! I remember buying some makeup for the first time and was more nervous than when I made my first parachute jump! Now, when I am in DRAB, it is fun to mess with the SA's a little bit. Sometimes you just can't get them to believe that the stuff is for you!

Congratulations on your progress. Thank you so much for your service to the country and now I am going to smile thinking of you with your panties on in a military situation with all that testosterone flowing all around. Good luck and enjoy because life is too short not to enjoy it.