Thread: Meet the friendly drag queen!

Meet the friendly drag queen!

Last week, I had another CD come over and I went with her dressed to a local gay bar for my first drag show. It has been a while since I last did my own makeup and it looked so horrible and cake'y in the pics we took.

I was disappointed with myself and after the drag show I went over to a drag artist (Christina) and asked her if I could watch her do her makeup and learn some makeup tips. She was very friendly and invited me over the next week(which is today).

So, I went over today in male mode and was allowed into their backroom. Christina showed me how she does her makeup and I also watched other drag queens do their own in different style. Their eye makeup was over the top, but I learned contouring, lip makeup, covering eyebrow and such. They all were very friendly. I hope to go there dressed again some other time.

Actually, the idea to get help from a drag queen was given by one of the psychiatrist at one of our CD meets. So, I am assuming a lot of you gals might have been in the same boat. But, I hardly read anything about drag here. Wazzup?? Anyways, they were all very friendly and you might want to give it a shot.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    A few years ago, there was a photographer at the Esprit Conference that had an makeup person that did drag. I had some photo's taken and she did my makeup for the pictures. The pictures seemed to come out well. The makeup was a little more stated that I usually did it, but it showed up good in the pictures.
    Dana Ryan

We should save this post and stick it every "can we all get along post" that comes up.
    Sounds like you had a positive experience :-)

I think we forget sometimes that when we go to drag show it is the one place where everyone in the room is looking for and expecting a man in a dress :-)
    Kinda makes it harder to blend

Keep in mind that a lot of makeup becomes almost transparent as far as beard coverage is concerned under blue light or with a camera flash that is not properly filtered. What looks great face to face can look like a raccoon face under the wrong light. Also some concealers are also useless under flash glare. It takes some experimentation to find the right ones.