Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SO when you are out & dressed and other women smile knowingly at you.....

SO when you are out & dressed and other women smile knowingly at you.....

...What it exactly does it convey?
    They understand the need to dress up?
    They understand the desire for a softer side?
    They are happy to see a man that doesn't feel he has to conform these male standards?

I mean, they are just clothes. Men get hung up on being seen as gay on non-masculine. Women just don't seem to care what other women think, in that department Whether they are seen as more fem or less fem.... Thoughts?

I'm sure it conveys something a little different with each woman. What I feel from it is that they see someone a little different, a little interesting, who is obviously pretty secure to be able to be out in public dressed. It's like the typical confident type "A" male. They see someone who is in control and doesn't care what the world thinks of them. Or this could just be BS running around in my head!
    Sally

I think that, in general, most women don't have a problem accepting people for who they are if they are honest about it. Kind of like Native Americans accepting and sometimes adopting non Native Americans into their nations.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail Evans View Post
    I think that, in general, most women don't have a problem accepting people for who they are if they are honest about it. Kind of like Native Americans accepting and sometimes adopting non Native Americans into their nations.
    I'd agree with the idea that women tend to be more accepting - of course there are plenty of exceptions. I have gotten lots of those smiles, but I don't claim to know what their thoughts may be...unless we talk. Theattitudes from women I have spoken to range from "whatever floats your boat" to "its great that your able to be true to yourself".

Silver Member
    They might be thinking maybe I could take them home and they would do the housework for me.

I don't think they give it alot of thought either way. I get smiles pretty much all the time. I don't aproach them and ask why. I just smile back and move on. My guess would be they know and may see some humor in it, some surprise, some admiration in some cases, some disgust in others, and some questions/thoughts that might be related to something they have read or seen somewhere. Life in the fast lane. Yesterday for example, my s/o and I were stopped along side a rural highway picking berry bishes she uses for Christmas wreaths and arrangements. I was totally enfemme albeit wearing rubber boots on my feet( well what else do you suggest I wear in the woods/ditches?). As we came back to the roadway together carrying all the clippings, we were approached by a husband, his wife and baby in a stroller walking along the edge of the road. They were concerned we broke down and came to offer assistance. My s/.o and I chatted with them as we walked back to my truck about 500 feet up the road off to the side. I'm sure they had no problem figuring me out from my voice alone, but they were wonderful and kind and respectful. What else could one ask for?

Indian CD Goddess IT..... steffanie's Avatar
    I have gotten smiles (which make my day) and I respond in kind. And also I have gotten looks as I can see said look by way of a reflection. Lately I think I am getting more smiles than looks. Maybe it is the fact I am more confident as I have been going out dressed more frequently. But I believe part of the smile could be they see something different and the individual is confident in the manner they are presenting.

Steffi

I never took the time to stop one and ask her....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

They are thinking... If I smile they will be nice to me! Also, they are thinking...I wish I could fit in to that!...and his makeup looks pretty darn good... too bad he still looks like a male...I hope people are nice...must be hard to be a CDer, but its cool...someone whos knows what it takes to feel like a woman... ...that's my guess.
    Chickie

I think most women can read us and for the most part are friendly and smile.I don't think they care.Once in awhile one will be rude just to let you know that they read you and go back to where you belong.I've had far more smiles and on occasion a compliment compared to the rude ones.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I am always hopeing it means "Cute outfit!". But probably not. It may be more of a reflexive smile. More of a "We are all in this together." as someone earlier mentioned, a couple of months ago. Women do not smile at men much--because then it would be a "come on." Men are so attuned to the slightest interest from women, disgusting--I wouldn't have it any other way.

I get smiles from women all the time in male and female modes. When men see another man and catch their eye for some reason, like walking into the coffee shop, men tend to nod at each other. Well, women have the same thing happen and what they do is smile at someone, man or woman, but probably more to women than to men for obvious reasons (i.e. men sometimes, or maybe too frequently misinterpret those smiles to mean more than they really mean). So, for me the nod or smile is just a non-verbal way of saying hello to a stranger. Now, I also believe that when a women sees a MtF they may also be acknowledging their tolerance or acceptance as well as saying hello.

I think women have more of a tendency to smile at anyone they make eye contact with. I know I do.

I think a smile from a "real girl" means acceptance and just return it with a smile..and then keep doing whatever it was you were doing when she smiled !
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Most of the GGs I've come in contact with whlie dressed are either sales clerks, waitresses, or bar tenders and for the most part I would say that the look is an approving one. However there are still some who are either too embarrassed to make eye contact, or confused about what I really am.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I just think women are more accepting and smile at us because they find it funny in a kind way that a man wants to look like a woman. We are non threatening to them just like we wouldn't care if a woman wanted to dress like a man with a beard and crewcut in full dyke mode and we knew it. I wouldn't give a shit and talk and treat them like anybody else even if I wasn't a CD. We might not be best of friends but as men we wouldn't feel threatened a dam bit.
    When I was walking through a hotel a couple weeks ago I had some women say look to their friends and point and all smiled. I've had other women egg me on recently to try on womens wigs on in a wig shop, they were all getting a good laugh out of it. They don't care about what we do, they might not be accepting if their partner is the CD.

I'll pretty much smile and give a nod to anyone and everyone who makes eye contact with me when I'm out and about. Since crossdressers fit under the scope of everyone you'll always get a smile from me.

Depending on where we are when we cross paths you may even get a "Good Morning" or "Good Afternoon" in a chirpy voice.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

I am pretty sure they are trying to tell us that they wish they were free to marry somebody like us, and spend the rest of their life stressed out trying to understand their SO and where they stand in their relationship on a daily basis. I can certainly understand how every mentally well-adjusted GG would find it irresistibly attractive.

but, then again...I could be wrong...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GG's always greet each other with a smile. they also will greet us with a smile when we are dressed in a way that is classy and feminine. I am speaking from experience when I am out and about dressed as a woman, I am dressed out in mainstream quite often, and have had many encounters with GG's who have stopped and talked to me and tell me how they appreciate the way I emulate them.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by way2real View Post
    I think women have more of a tendency to smile at anyone they make eye contact with. I know I do.
    I agree with you. When I am out and about as a man, I do make eye contact with people. Women of all ages appear to be receptive to a nod of the head or a "Good Morning". I also find older men will also nod and greet. Younger guys appear to be homophobic about nodding or greeting.

I've seen a local CDer on two occasions and observed how the public looked at her. She was not passable. Most totally ignored her. There were efforts to shield young kids from her. It seemed as if the presentation of the female form governed the reaction. The more feminine or womanly the look the greater acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    I am pretty sure they are trying to tell us that they wish they were free to marry somebody like us, and spend the rest of their life stressed out trying to understand their SO and where they stand in their relationship on a daily basis. I can certainly understand how every mentally well-adjusted GG would find it irresistibly attractive.

but, then again...I could be wrong...

This is awesome. Its got to be what they're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I agree with you. When I am out and about as a man, I do make eye contact with people. Women of all ages appear to be receptive to a nod of the head or a "Good Morning". I also find older men will also nod and greet. Younger guys appear to be homophobic about nodding or greeting.

I've seen a local CDer on two occasions and observed how the public looked at her. She was not passable. Most totally ignored her. There were efforts to shield young kids from her. It seemed as if the presentation of the female form governed the reaction. The more feminine or womanly the look the greater acceptance.
    I think your right when you say you need to look as fem as possible to get the best reaction from everyone. If you look badly done up then you will look like a monster to some people.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by way2real View Post
    I think this answers it in a nutshell. We are all reading far too much into these supposed smile meanings. I pass well enough that it is just a normal female smiling in passing to another" normal" female as part of what they do. Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan70 View Post
    I think this answers it in a nutshell. We are all reading far too much into these supposed smile meanings. I pass well enough that it is just a normal female smiling in passing to another" normal" female as part of what they do. Thats all.
    +1 on this. It's hard to say what the smile means, could mean 10 different things from ten different women, who knows. But at least you get a smile, and that's what counts...

Yes, who knows what they are thinking...Earlier this week I went into a store as Samantha for the very first time, a Payless shoe store. I encountered 3 ggs in the 15 minutes I was in there, 2 SA's and another customer. Everyone smiled and the SA's were very nice and helpful, which made me feel great at the time. What I did find out later from the dash-cam in my car (is this too creapy..lol) was that the 2 sa's were laughing and making fun of me behind my back. So even though some may smile, it doesnt mean they are not mean and nasty people!
    [SIZE=3]Samantha[/SIZE]