Thread: Outed by daughter....finally

Talking Outed by daughter....finally

My daughter (32) is home for Thanksgiving. She was helping me with my pc and phone. I forgot that I still had some pics from TG weekend in Saugatuck on the phone........ I noticed one partial pic and shuddered, hoping she would go pat it. No such luck....she asked who is that? I replied ...a friend of ours. Cool. Then a few more...and her??? Thinking that I was nailed, I paused a long pause thinking how I would explain...and said are you familiar with the term transgendered, then crossdresser? She replied yeah.....I said , well you know one. (pause). She stared at me and I said that is me (expecting the worst............) She said ohhhh, ok.
    I said you're not freaked out? No.Any questions, mom knows and is ok with it...........
    Nope, it's ok! Big hugs and almost tears from me. Not much more was said.
    What a HUGE relief...baby steps from here as far as showing her Beth. As it is, Mom is out of town til Sunday afternoon. We'll what happens tomorrow.
    Last edited by BethCD; 11-20-2011 at 02:01 AM. Reason: spelling correctiond
    Oh, how I wish....

the happy camper
    Cool! Sounds like she's a very accepting person.

Yep!! I am blessed !
    Oh, how I wish....

You certainly are. Don't rush it but offer any info. she may want to know. You can expect she will google you sometime on her own if she knows your fem name. How wownderful for you, congrats!

OH Beth that is sooo sweeeeeet. Sigh Anita

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    That is just so fantastic, Beth! Having been in an almost identical situation not that long ago, I know exactly how you feel! It's funny.....we go through life being closeted, keeping it from our children, and wives or SOs, terrified of what might happen if they found out....divorce.....alienation.....weirdness. And then when we come out to them, we can often be completely blown away with their extremely positive reactions. I had tears in my eyes when I hugged my daughter, the day I told her, and she told me that she accepted me, and cared about what made me happy. I know my daughter loves me - and it's obvious that your daughter loves you very much too. (damn....keyboard is looking blurry, why is that)

I'm very pleased for you, Beth!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I'm happy for you Beth! It's so great to be accepted! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Flying through Baltimore Tuesday. Going to visit my adult single daughter. She has known for about 4 years. She is somewhat accepting. But has not seen me enfemme. Nor has she seen a picture. She is the greatest. I really appreciate her. I am not going to push hard, but maybe she will want to see a photo later on.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    That is so awesome! Your daughter sounds wonderful. Perhaps you should also be thanking yourself too because maybe how you brought her up (values etc) has helped her be accepting and tolerant of difference, but ultimately, it's her herself that makes her be the accepting woman she is. I have a very accepting step son who is totally ok with the whole thing. He doesn't call me Rachel (yet) but he does seem me dressed a lot and, like your daughter, isn't bothered on bit. Good luck with how things progress!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hope it all works... her generation are a lot more accepting of this than ours. My daughter prides herself on her gay and more diverse friends. Could have been a great click of the mouse! xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    You certainly are. Don't rush it but offer any info. she may want to know.
    Sound advice, but if she doesn't ask in a reasonable period of time do bring up the topic yourself. Silence might give her the mistaken impression that you are ashamed of the fact that she found out. Explain to her that this is an important part of your life and how happy you are that you don't have to keep it secret from her any longer.
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-21-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spil chucker can't find incorrect words with correct spelling.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]